You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

simpsons v "fururama"

Sutty

I have noticed that the so called "arkenterprise" has made a point of saying that "futuruma" is better than the simpsons. I have find this a bold and frankly staggering statement leaving me speechless. I admit futuruma is good and pretty amusing but how ark thinks bender>homer is beyond me? does anyone else share similar views? does anyone else care?

Ah Sutty, if only you could spell "Futurama" properly...

I'll admit that Homer et al are an enjoyable and classic collection of cartoons, but they've run out of ideas and spoilt the product by flogging it to death. Where I think that it loses out is there is little continuity or story arc involved, whereas Futurama does. Simpsons is now sometimes a complete mixture of stories that make little sense

Added to the fact that there are more "main" characters that are put into a far more creative environment (i.e the future) there are more interesting and varied stories. Homer eats something, homer gets another new job, amusing yes but original? no.

Character involvement is better too, bender and fry, leela and fry, kip and brannigan, etc etc its all much more interesting and its going somewhere.. or was anyway

Sadly Futurama was cancelled before it really went mainstream and had it continued maybe it too could have become what the Simpsons has, but there is a Futurama movie coming out and who knows the cult classic could be back on our screens!!

It worked for family guy anyway.....

I couldn't possibly rank south park, simpsons futurama and family guy against each other. Simpsons I guess has to win as it pioneered that kind of comedy. Family guy is my current fave. Zapp Brannigan is the funniest character ever though, Homer and Cartman are fighting for second, then Quagmire. I will change my mind though.

Which character do you dislike the most? I hate Lisa Simpson the most the fucking cuntbag

Lisa has no redeeming features whatsover, Zapp Brannigan is a work of genius:

Captain Zapp Brannigan: I suffer from a very sexy learning disability. What do I call it, Kif?

Kif Kroker: [groaning] Sexslexia.

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Remember lieutenant, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.

Kif Kroker: Well, sir, I'm a little nervous about meeting her parents.

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Of course you are. You're meek and uninteresting.

Captain Zapp Brannigan: You know, I find the most erotic part of a woman is the boobies.

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Mmm... Welcome to my humble chamber or as I call it, "The Lovenasium".

Class

[Zapp Brannigan offers Leela some champagne]

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Cham-paggin?

Leela: I didn't realize you were such a "coin-asseur."

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Well, I have studied abroad... or two.

[Later...]

Captain Zapp Brannigan: Kif, I have made it with a woman. Inform the men.

Ah I could go on all day....

out of the big three (the simpsons, futurama, family guy):

family guy makes me laugh the hardest, but it's sometimes not funny at all (the stewie becomes a mutant end of the world episode).

the simpsons can always be counted on for a laugh, except if it's a musical episode or if it's a lisa-centric episode.

futurama always delivers, and is the smartest of the three.

some interesting comments here. I really am going to have to watch this family guy fella. keep meaning to then never watch it. most annoying charcter in Simpsons is easily Lisa - she always ruins homer's fun. stupid lisa.

out of interest why did Futurama get cancelled? it didn't seem to last that long did it if, ark, it was so much better than the simpsons?

Futurama is funnier than Simpsons. Whether it is better I can't really decide, but it is befinately funnier. Mainly because it is a lot darker. Also if I was made to choose a favourite from Bender and Homer, it would be difficult but i would probably edge towards Bender.

I was delighted to see that they had begun showing Futurama early on T4. A great way to wake up.

Has anyone seen the Married with Children Parody, its genuine class. Also Zoidberg is legendry, this argument is futile, i'm going for a skuttle!

Futurama is funnier than Simpsons. Whether it is better I can't really decide, but it is befinately funnier. Mainly because it is a lot darker. Also if I was made to choose a favourite from Bender and Homer, it would be difficult but i would probably edge towards Bender.

I was delighted to see that they had begun showing Futurama early on T4. A great way to wake up.

Has anyone seen the Married with Children Parody, its genuine class. Also Zoidberg is legendry, this argument is futile, i'm going for a skuttle!

It's especially good as Katie Sagal plays both Leela and Mrs Bundy!

Sutty you are losing the debate here!

It's especially good as Katie Sagal plays both Leela and Mrs Bundy!

Sutty you are losing the debate here!

I am not! 1 person has supported your argument whereas every other person has (in a roundabout way) basically said they agree with me. kind of. so there.

out of interest why did Futurama get cancelled? it didn't seem to last that long did it if, ark, it was so much better than the simpsons?

Longevity doesn't necessarily mean its better - look at Fawlty towers for that, I am not sure why it was cancelled, its got a big fan base and its been syndicated, its one of those decisions that execs later regret I guess, they were expecting the simpsons #2 and its not supposed to be that, its really a different audience.

I read somewhere the decison to cancel was taken long before the series really took off and it was too late to reverse the decision.

I don't think I've ever seen Futurama or Family Guy. The Simpsons is ace, but I'm no addict; likewise Southpark. There's only so much telly a guy can watch and mine is usually taken up with football and American HBO-type drama.

In my opinion "The Simpsons" is the most well-written, but Family Guy is the funniest because it makes Homer look a model of political correctness.

I loved the episode when Peter's dad comes to stay and Lois tells the children how their grandfather doesn't approve of her not being Catholic.

It cuts back to Peter and Lois's wedding day and the point when they are walking out of church to the car.

On the back of the car is written "JUST MARRIED", the camera pans out to reveal...

"to a protestant whore."

Classic.

The Simpsons walks it, the only problem is that in recent years it's understandably run out of steam and this has been to the detriment of the whole series. When they did 'cheesy clips show', rather than ironic it was a signpost to the future. Whereas once the celebrity cameos were secondary to the story they now build the episode around 'round them. The trip to England was simply tired.

Cartman is a god.

as some of you point out yes the simpsons in recent episodes seems to be running out of steam, but the sheer amount of classic moments in Simpsons are what makes it better than Futurama. still gonnahave to watch Family Guy though - is it on regularly at the moment?

as some of you point out yes the simpsons in recent episodes seems to be running out of steam, but the sheer amount of classic moments in Simpsons are what makes it better than Futurama. still gonnahave to watch Family Guy though - is it on regularly at the moment?

Family guy is very good, it was cancelled after 3 series and then recently brought back (in the first episode they ripped into the network and reeled off about 15 series that had come and gone before FG was brought back!)

Peter Griffin is like Homer, but but lewd and fatter

Its on FX 9.00-10.00pm Weds or Thursday, can't remember...