You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, redinblack said:

A performance of some sort would be good

No one put one in though, hardly fair to call out who's just come back from months out. We were all absolutely fucking awful there. Pretty pathetic all round. We don't deserve to win the title, dosy and weak. It's frustrating as shit teams just have to step it up a bit and we won't match their levels. Their heads have gone, absolutely not a winning mentality. We get cocky when the praise is being heaped on us and then shit ourselves against some absolute turd sides. Beaten by hard work and tenacity. Pretty embarassing.

4 minutes ago, niallers said:

If i was klopp, I'd leave now. The players have completely fucked him the last week. We've had enough chances to win 20 games over the last week, even though we've been bad. He can't put the ball in the net. Xg of 2.8 in the last 3 games and we scored 2 set pieces! Mentality fucking midgets again. What a way to fucking kill our season.  Fucking cunts

He could have changed the line up, changed the tactics. He's part of it not absolved from it.

This season was a perfect mix of 19-20 and 13-14. Tremendous ability to get results and accumulated a bunch of points, while at the same time giving off the impression that it might not be sustainable.

And then also, the Quansah thing is the most obvious turning point in a season since Gerrard slipping. Something else probably would have sunk us anyway, but the parallel's are there.

Trent preening in the centre circle instead of staying wide as a fullback should fucking be, is starting to grind my gear. The times we put Palace in a spot of bother were, yes you guessed it, when we managed to create overload on the wings. But hey, this inverted fullback thingy is en vogue now innit?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Judge said:

I despise this bunch of fucking losers. Mentality midgets. Get rid. Rebuild. 

I will NEVER forgive Nunez, Curtis, Jota or Salah for those misses.

What does the positive bunch say now?

I say; shit happens

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DJLJ said:

We’ve gotten exactly what we deserved over these last few weeks.  Wait for a new manager and see where it takes us. Feel sorry for Klopp, but his players didn’t wanna play for him in the end. Hope Klopp enjoys some nice time off before moving onto whatever else he wants to achieve. 

I think you are bang wrong there, I just think their intestinal fortitude deserted them. Nothing about not wanting to play for Jurgen, they just shit the bed. We have a whole forward line there who when it came to it couldn't have hit a cows arse with a banjo. And it's that really, we will always give up chances, it's how we play, but we had a lack of application up front and that's why we are where we are.

And I don't know if we will get this close again any time soon.

4 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

With just a Carabao cup would be embarrassing really we'd laugh at any other club for that.

We're already the laughing stock of the league. May as well cap that off with a bus tour with the carabou cup as the final punchline. Fucking embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

He could have changed the line up, changed the tactics. He's part of it not absolved from it.

This.  Should have told them to put the ball in the net instead of anywhere but, that's on klopp.

A reminder to pass to a team mate when in a dangerous position instead of the opposition wouldn't have gone amiss too, coaching 101

1 minute ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

Trent preening in the centre circle instead of staying wide as a fullback should fucking be, is starting to grind my gear. The times we put Palace in a spot of bother were, yes you guessed it, when we managed to create overload on the wings. But hey, this inverted fullback thingy is en vogue now innit?

Hopefully not with Amorim.

6 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Feel sorry for Klopp, but his players didn’t wanna play for him in the end.

There's a lot of possible explanations for what's happening but that's not one of them.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

This season was a perfect mix of 19-20 and 13-14. Tremendous ability to get results and accumulated a bunch of points, while at the same time giving off the impression that it might not be sustainable.

And then also, the Quansah thing is the most obvious turning point in a season since Gerrard slipping. Something else probably would have sunk us anyway, but the parallel's are there.

Is it fuck. Our inability to finish simple fucking chances and our poor passing in general is an issue. Quansah was part of that, but there is no single "turning point".

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

No mate as usual its a multitude of factors.

As usual its a shit transfer windows

As usual its a fucking injury crisis

As usual its not addressing major flaws in the side

All of which have come back to bite us on the arse for the umpteenth time.

So crack open the champers because you'll see the real Liverpool come home to roost in the coming years without the jurgen safety net.

A lot of truth there but’s let’s be honest you love a moan fella. We will have to wait and see about next season and I for one will give ant new manager time. 

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The players have one last chance to set this partly right in Italy. It’s only a small chance. But it’s a chance.

Be about right for us to go out there and because all the pressure is now off, somehow pull it back and win. That being said the realist in me thinks there is about a 0.000001% chance of that actually happening.

4 minutes ago, Judge said:

I despise this bunch of fucking losers. Mentality midgets. Get rid. Rebuild. 

I will NEVER forgive Nunez, Curtis, Jota or Salah for those misses.

What does the positive bunch say now?

It's not the misses really, it's the passive performances and we give up stupid goals early on. That puts pressure on everyone and once a few players start to make mistakes it spreads through the team like a virus. One player starts to misplace passes or have the touch of a rapist and it makes others nervy because they're second guessing whether to pass to them or whether they'll underhit a pass back etc. Everyone starts to dither and everything slows down, you could see that shite was a mix of passivity and lack of confidence, you can see they don't believe they're going to win games. We won't pull it back even if the other sides drop points, the mentality isn't there.

Just now, Pidge said:

Is it fuck. Our inability to finish simple fucking chances and are poor passing in general is an issue. Quansah was part of that, but there is no single "turning point".

We lost 3-0 and 1-0 at home right after, in a season where we were accumulating results at a very high clip.

Think what you want, the Quansah thing killed us.

Starting games with no tempo & having to come from behind every week is always going to end badly.

Arsenal have a great chance of winning the league as they don’t give team a 1 nil head start.

some of the decision making is brain dead - Konate In particular was trying to force it.

sobering seeing how much Salah has fallen away from the levels he was at before. 

7 minutes ago, clangers said:

At least we don't have to face that last day of the season heartbreak.

After last season I would have taken a cup and 3rd place.

I would have, I would have snapped your hand off for that alone but the fly in that particular ointment is Klopp leaving.

• Upvote 1