You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace (H) - Sun 14th Apr 2024 (2:00pm)

Trumo

Bunch of spinless shithouses the lot of them. Completely fucked up the season in the space of a week. I hope the new manager legs some of these big time charlie twats out the club starting with that Uruguayan pony tailed donkey. 

I'm absolutely seething with the lot of them. 

• Upvote 3

But what about those times we’ve had a guilt edged chance before the opposition score and it gets fluffed. Nunez vs Atalanta for example. You can probably find examples of Monand Diaz as well.

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Get fucked.  The crowd did a lot better than most of the cunts playing for us today.

Yeah, poor that they are looking for excuses why they bottled it and the crowd at Anfield should be the last thing they look to over the years that crowd has drove them on when they needed it.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

What you mean they went out in the summer and bought a bonafide quality DM to fill a real need they had? Unlike us who scrabbled about at the end of the window and brought in a few cheap buys?

Its the same narrative time after time and its coming home to roost boys.

Well, we tried to buy Caicedo so there was some acknowledgement there. And yeah look, realistically Endo is just a guy. He's done ok but the prevailing narrative on here about him has been more Cinderella than reality.

Rice is a very good player, but to be honest, Arsenal are just dialed in. They are where we were in 18-19. The process is there and they're knocking on the doorstep.

• Upvote 2

It’s a shame but they just ran out of steam in the end, some of Klopp’s obvious tactical weaknesses and a few unfortunately timed injuries, did for them. 

That said, I thought we were finished after last season and he’s turned it around brilliantly, in the main.

To go from 5th to comfortable top 4 again and a trophy, exceeded my expectations - I expected a battle for top 4 that we can just nick with a fair wind, like the end of season Middlesbrough game in his first full term - I felt something like coming again. 

I never expected a title race and like all of us I went along with it until the last week but we really didn’t have enough - as good as the Endo lad has been, City have Rodri, Arsenal have Rice - it’s the absolute foundation and bedrock of the best sides. 

Of course the obligatory internet/tellyclapper provincial bantz merchants will be having a ball online but to get the Club a Champions League restart is hugely important, for the new fella and financially. 

He was miles better than expected, Klopp.

Gave us some amazing memories and moments and was almost perfect. He changed the club from a museum - that mad season under Rodgers aside -  to pure excitement with a good dose of excellence thrown in. 

He had his faults off the ball and in defence of course but I’ll always be truly grateful. 

I’m 46 and those five years of 2016-2021 will be the best football I’ll ever see and that was because of him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Just now, BeefStroganoff said:

I think thats where we made our first mistake. Those young lads were providing the energy we needed and as soon as players became fit they were dropped like a hot potato.

Yeah he fucked them off as quickly as he brought them in. It was weird. 

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Arsenal are just dialed in. They are where we were in 18-19. The process is there and they're knocking on the doorstep.

In their own teams development I agree but they are nowhere near our side of 18-19 in terms of quality.

Timing is also on their side now re the performance of City and us. We dealt with City at their peak.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I think thats where we made our first mistake. Those young lads were providing the energy we needed and as soon as players became fit they were dropped like a hot potato.

Poor decision. Think I’m turning into you mate and it feels good.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

We overachieved with Klopp and some money, more money could have meant a dynasty or the very least a Falcon Crest. Give the new manager his head player wise and give the poor bastard some money. 

Screenshot_2024-04-14-16-56-14-309_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

• Haha 1

So klopps come out and said today could be a hangover from Thursday but he said we will see a reaction today.

Well that’s just not professional then it can’t be?

Fucking attitude problem from top to bottom is my guess 

• Upvote 1