You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

Still can't get it through my head, it feels unreal.

Fantastic manager who rebuilt a club when it was looking down the barrel of mediocracy, he "gets" the city the people and the club and his views matched ours in so many ways, Going to miss his manic laugh and the touchline energy he brings. I hope he enjoys his time away from football and comes back to win the world cup with Germany. He definitely deserves a statue by the way John Henry dig deep 

Just now, s(k)aturation said:

He was the closest anyone could ever come to making me like a kid again supporting the Reds.

I don't love the game any more.  I love Liverpool FC, but not the game.

I think this gives me a "way out" emotionally - my "retirement" as a fanatic.

Football doesn't deserve the likes of me anymore... if you take my meaning, Baz.

Yeah mate. I completely get it. There's no doubt klopp has pulled many of us back in who previously thought this game was no longer for us. He's different to everyone as a human and one of the few out there who makes you think it's real, it matters and it's not just a load of bantz for wealth creation for billionaires - although his brilliance has certainly delivered on that score too for both our club and the over all PL product. 

I dunno if it'll be the end for me. It could be though. I often feel like I've genuinely had enough and really I go to see mates. Klopp has created a blip in that feeling, even though at times the club do their best to destroy it. I don't think I'll call it a day in the summer, but if I stop enjoying it all together, I think one more season and I could be done. It's never been the same for me since we had to fight to get rid of H&G, the lustre of it all was gone then for me and all that was left was the darkness of the greed of those running and owning the game, from FIFA to "blow me fuck face" Hicks. 

I used to love the game, I definitely don't any more. 

I used to love the club. That I'm more uncertain on. I deffo love being with my mates. And I've loved the team klopp built and the man himself. But the club? Nah. It's finding the balance for me when to jump off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

All the Mancs laughing saying no one could last as long as "Sir" Alex. 

He didn't have to battle teams with unlimited money, was always winning because he was able to just go out and buy anyone he wanted, didn't have dodgy VAR and officials fucking him over and any knobhead journalists were instantly banned from press conferences. 

That's because that alky cunt could blow everyone else out the water financially until abrabonvich turned up.

Regardless of who comes in and the result, no one will replace this man, his heart, character, energy and his ability to instill belief in people around him and lift them up. 

The only manager where I religiously wait for their post matches to hear them speak, regardless of the opposition or result.

I hope he goes off and has the normal life he craves. Then realises it's shit and comes back in a few years, fully recharged.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Em City said:

I won't say it feels like a death in the family as I'm all too familiar with that feeling and saying it about a man I've never met is a bit too melodramatic (for me, other people are entitled to their own feeling).

It does, however, feel like a really good mate moving away and knowing he is never coming back. Can't help but think about all those special moments (Dortmund, Barcelona, no. 6, no. 19, battering United repeatedly, beating Everton in the cup with a team of children haha) and feeling things will never have that same magic again, no matter who comes in. As has been said, you can replace the coach, but you can never replace the man.

Love the man to bits and hope he can find the rest and normalcy he is looking for. No one deserves it more.

You’ve totally nailed it there

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Rewatching the 4-3 v City I’m 17/18.

my favourite, and Kloppiest, game

Really gave us sone belief that one. After a few years of shit, the blue print was there. Lallana,Bobby and Coutinho where great

Just listening to the 20 minute interview. Definitely sounds the right time for him and his family to step away. Reckon the German national team might be the perfect job for him next. Spend more time at home and enjoy life 

Been a bit of a roller coaster day for me, and all of us I guess, but when I weigh it all up I can’t help but think what an absolute selfish twat he’s been here, what about us? What about me? What about the trophies and the club and me!

Dead unfair this, we pay him gazillions of pounds and he just ups and says, fuck it, am off! Out of fucking order. 

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

• Upvote 1

Got the news 3am my time today as I wasn’t sleeping, hit me like a kick in the balls and certainly didn’t help the night’s restlessness. I’m gutted like the rest of us. Finally got around to watching the full announcement and presser. Can’t say it’s made me happy with the decision but it did help me to understand it better and see his perspective. Think it says it all really that even when he’s saying something you don’t want to hear you can’t help but listen to the man. Commanding presence, humble personality, and from what I can tell anyway compeletely honest about himself. Hopefully the team grab as much silverware as possible and send him off on the biggest high imaginable.

He’s going to be a tough act to follow for whoever takes over his position but his attitude about the situation inside the club makes me cautiously optimistic that we will get it right. 

To all the various Blueshite, Mancs and Cockneys having a laugh, go fuck each other in The Brick.

Jurgen instilled excellence in this team, we went from Lambert and Ballotelli upfront to the Red Arrows. We won every cup we were eligible to win. We handed out fucking arse tannings to The Blueshite and United by routine. You got slapped like you went to s Christian Brothers school.

We are Liverpool Fucking FC and whatever happens now Jurgen Klopp was our manager, and you weren't good enough for him like we are.

We will continue booting you round the place you fucking deadbeats. Fuck Off

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

We knew we were lucky to have him and get 7 or more seasons out of his reign. I can completely understand it when somebody like him has said 'enough is enough' and needs a break. I think his stepping down is symptomatic of a game that's changed so much that it was only him,Klopp,keeping it worth watching. I don't watch any other football outside our games and that was largely down to Klopp.

• Upvote 3