You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (A) - FA Cup 3rd Rnd, Sun 7th Jan 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

20 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Wenger who in 18 years of qualifying never once was in danger of actually winning the European cup. 

I think they had the final in the bag until Barca brought Larsson on. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

Yes but I still think it’s an overreaction 

Agreed

Though I think there issues are all on legohead trying to be clever. He's gone full Pep trying to change things and show how good tactically he is. He had a good balance with Xhaka,Partly and Odegaard but decided that he wanted a more attacking threat and bought a shit failed striker Havertz to play in midfield instead. Rice was a upgrade though he is far better playing in a 2, he's to slow to play as a lone 6 in big games imo. He's left them overexposed on the break and with little balance. They're like a latter day Wenger team, all nice touches and possession between the halfway line and box then a little toothless at times. Instead of missing 100ml up the wall on Raya and Havertz he could have bought a upgrade on xhaka/Partey and striker they'd look better

22 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He was 15 minutes from beating Barcelona to be fair. It was a shit final and the Arsenal goal came from a Eboue dive and happily Tory blert Sol Campbell didn't get to score a winner

Fixed. to be fair, you were only one letter out.

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Wenger who in 18 years of qualifying never once was in danger of actually winning the European cup. 

Winning the European cup is easy though, Millwall making it to the FA Cup final is just as much of an achievement.

Just now, Anubis said:

Hey Caramac, you would t happen to have the gif of Ben White leaving the field after the final whistle, looking really miserable?

That’s so mean. How could you be so bitter, can’t you just enjoy the win? (I’d like to see it too, please).

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Thought it amusing that the BBC pundits were stressing how important it is that Arsenal sign players in January, as thought Arteta hasn’t lavished the best part of £700m on their squad in the space of four years.

And aren't they fucked on ffp, which is why they had to take Raya on loan?

That was boss that. I didn't get the narrative about the chances they were creating. That through ball at the start was barely even a chance, then they had the big scramble after saka pinched it off Gomez and they should have scored there and a few long range shots. I don't remember them working Ali at all. Basically if they got the ball within 25 yards of goal, the commentators were claiming it to be a chance and they should score. They pressed us, but actually aside from one or two instances,.our problems were mostly because of our own poor play. 

We grew into the game I thought after about 30 mins. We did really miss VVD for his organisation, but we found a way to hold it together. Once we started giving them problems you could just see them mentally break down and I was expecting us to find the winner. 

And it's funny, if you'd offered me 3 points in the league and getting past Fulham, I'd have taken giving up that today. Until it happened. It was really gratifying. This team is showing some character, it's crazy to think how different it was just 12 months ago. 

Now to Fulham. Let's fuck this lot on Wednesday and get the tie as safe as we can. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

How it feels winning this today should IMHO make people who give it the 'i don't care about this' lark give their heads a wobble.

It always matters and we should always want to win and we should never play weakened teams against other top sides.

• Upvote 6