You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sat 25th Nov 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

Work-rate. Incisiveness. Nous.

I don't ask for much.

This is how it's gonna be. Build from the ground up.

Early kick-off after an international break, with one of Professional Game Manchester Officials Limited in charge. We've seen this one many times now. The game is live on Sky as they have first dibs on the fixture, but the kick-off is in TNT Sports' TV slot on police advice. The games at Anfield always kick off later and police advice doesn't come into it. Maybe because all the City fans are stuck in traffic, which is something that only affects them. Early kick-offs are usually not conducive to a good game, and certainly not after the players have been returning from representing their countries in places like South America. And certainly not at the Etihad.

Much has been made of a supposed injury crisis at City, with the likes of Ederson and Haaland not being part of their national team squads in the last round of fixtures. Haaland actually did miss this game last year through injury, not that it hampered them as they ran riot in the second half to cruise to a 4-1 win. Players like Rodri, Silva and Foden have become crucial to the way they play, and those 3 never seem to be unavailable. Furthermore, when games against them see us playing a more energetic yet haphazard attacking style and knocking City off their stride, we tend to do well. If we allow them to gain control, and if the refs decide they quite fancy an all-expenses-paid jaunt to the Middle East, we struggle to live with them. It's been like that for us at the Etihad for the most part since Jurgen took charge of us. He got a great win in his early weeks at Liverpool, but it's been one of our least favourite places to visit even when we were the best team in the world. I will not be surprised in the least when I see their bald oddball manager has a full selection available to him either.

Forus, no Robbo, Thiago or Baj still, but we should have the likes of Ibou, Joe, Curtis and Grav available again. Hopefully our South American contingent return unscathed. It's all about club football again until the next international break in March, so all the players have no excuse not to have their heads in the game. More so than I usually request, concentration, motivation, attitude and application must be tip top from the word go right to the end. Let's try for the 3 points please and see where the land lies. Get it done!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

I want to see an apoplectic Pep at the end of this. Remonstrating with everyone about how he's been cheated out of 3 points.  That vein on his forehead throbbing intensely as the Mr Nice guy facade falls in front of a TV audience of millions. 

Hope we kick the shit out of them, Cheating no mark cunts

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Just dont shit ourselves (on & off the pitch) like we do every year up there from the minute we go behind.

A poor Chelsea team showed what can be done if you go at them.

Don’t agree with the first paragraph, that’s untrue. Last season yes, other seasons, no. 

I do agree with the second paragraph. 

IMO, well set up similar to how we did last season, sit deeper and look to be dangerous on the counter attack, which was working for the first 45 mins. 

I’d love to see us start Diaz and Nunez and really fucking attack them. Make our pace up front really give them something to think about. 

Alternatively, I’m not against us dropping a forward (likely Diaz), playing an extra midfielder and moving a Szoboszlai further forward. 

Most likely, Mo, Gakpo and Jota start in a 4-3-3 and we look to make changes later in the game. 

I just hope we give a good account of ourselves. Last season was utterly dismal in the second half and we were lucky they stopped at 4. If we go down, go down swinging and pushing them to their limits, let them know they’ve been in a game. 

Needs saying again

Fucking stupid timing for this fixture. 

Would have liked to have seen both teams play each other while we're both on our respective rolls and full of momentum, late kick-off under the lights, could have been a great match. 

Instead we get first game back after the internationals at fucking noon when both squads are jetlagged. 

Pricks. 

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

Needs saying again

Fucking stupid timing for this fixture. 

Would have liked to have seen both teams play each other while we're both on our respective rolls and full of momentum, late kick-off under the lights, could have been a great match. 

Instead we get first game back after the internationals at fucking noon when both squads are jetlagged. 

Pricks. 

Courtesy of Manchester police.

If I was proper para I would say they were probably given encouragement from City to change it.

5 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Courtesy of Manchester police.

If I was proper para I would say they were probably given encouragement from City to change it.

City squad won't have many jet lag issues. Half of them have pulled out injured. Only Alvarez is in South America