You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sat 25th Nov 2023 (12:30pm)

Trumo

9 hours ago, an tha said:

I like way we are being written off for this one and seemingly generally.

City at home are probably the toughest team in the world to face. It's what cheating does. 

It's the shit in this league we need to beat, drawing with Luton is far more of a killer to any success than getting beat by City at the etihad.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Taken them long enough. Wonder if they warned their players as well…

IMG_0376.jpeg

I wonder how many City fans have friends and/or relatives who where at the Manchester Arena, 22nd May 2017?  Tragedy is tragedy and no one should ever use it to 'score points' against a (football) rival.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Repped for the brass balled approach. 

They have two big wins, at home to Fulham and at home to Bournemouth.

Apart from that it’s been nothing special, two losses already and the only half decent teams they have beat have been Newcastle and Brighton reserves. 

IMG_9451.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 21/11/2023 at 16:48, Scott_M said:

Don’t agree with the first paragraph, that’s untrue. Last season yes, other seasons, no. 

I do agree with the second paragraph. 

IMO, well set up similar to how we did last season, sit deeper and look to be dangerous on the counter attack, which was working for the first 45 mins. 

I’d love to see us start Diaz and Nunez and really fucking attack them. Make our pace up front really give them something to think about. 

Alternatively, I’m not against us dropping a forward (likely Diaz), playing an extra midfielder and moving a Szoboszlai further forward. 

Most likely, Mo, Gakpo and Jota start in a 4-3-3 and we look to make changes later in the game. 

I just hope we give a good account of ourselves. Last season was utterly dismal in the second half and we were lucky they stopped at 4. If we go down, go down swinging and pushing them to their limits, let them know they’ve been in a game. 

If Gakpo Starts we dont win. 

Slow build up play; We need to be attacking them from the off. If Chelsea can do it........ We are the best attacking team bar City in the league. 

On 21/11/2023 at 23:42, Carra_is_legend said:

I will happily take a draw now. 

Fuck that. We are second in the league. Do we wanna win it or not? Reckon Jurgen is telling them to take a draw?

4 hours ago, Code said:

Imagine what Salah can do to a CB out wide. 

I cant see anything else than a Liverpool win here. 

The only thing stopping us will be the ref or VAR. 

Fuck Yes Code!!!!

All we can do is have the right mentality and go out to win the game. 

Lets not leave it in the hands of the Ref/VAR. Hopefully they dont spoil this but I am buzzing for this. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

If Gakpo Starts we dont win. 

Slow build up play; We need to be attacking them from the off. If Chelsea can do it........ We are the best attacking team bar City in the league. 

Fuck that. We are second in the league. Do we wanna win it or not? Reckon Jurgen is telling them to take a draw?

Fuck Yes Code!!!!

All we can do is have the right mentality and go out to win the game. 

Lets not leave it in the hands of the Ref/VAR. Hopefully they dont spoil this but I am buzzing for this. 

I'm on board. 

12:30 kick offs are shite but mainly for the home fans, a few thousand away supporters going there will make a noise no doubt.

If the team steps up and Jurgen has them go after City I reckon we can give them a game and hopefully get three points which would be an awesome boost for the rest of the weekend.

Bring it the fuck on.

(Or I'd take a draw)

• Haha 1

Klopp:

On assessing the players who have been away on international duty, Klopp said: “They all came back pretty much from international [games] so we have to make these decisions.

“For these decisions I have to wait until: at 3pm is the meeting and 4pm is training, so until then. Look in their eyes, talk to them and then figure out who is ready to start and who is probably better to bring on.

“They all I would say, nearly all, had a really good international break. Colombia were really successful, Lucho scored twice. Uruguay obviously did really well. So we have to see.

“Yes, [Darwin Nunez] is in a good moment and we want to use him as often as possible. If it’s possible, I don’t know in this moment.”

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Klopp:

On assessing the players who have been away on international duty, Klopp said: “They all came back pretty much from international [games] so we have to make these decisions.

“For these decisions I have to wait until: at 3pm is the meeting and 4pm is training, so until then. Look in their eyes, talk to them and then figure out who is ready to start and who is probably better to bring on.

“They all I would say, nearly all, had a really good international break. Colombia were really successful, Lucho scored twice. Uruguay obviously did really well. So we have to see.

“Yes, [Darwin Nunez] is in a good moment and we want to use him as often as possible. If it’s possible, I don’t know in this moment.”

Ah the old cloak and dagger routine. 

Keeping cards close to his chest before Nunez is unleashed from 12:30 to run rampage on poor John Stones.