You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Films You Would Love to Watch for the First Time Again.

skend04

53 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

That scene where he does the trial run of the mission himself was great in the pictures. 

Literally everyone in the audience gasped and were in total silence until one of the pilots watching says "damn". 

Yep. Also the opening credits that were the same as the original. Pardon the pun but I had goosebumps , couldn’t have spoken if I tried 

On 07/10/2023 at 10:47, skend04 said:

Was listening to the radio on the way to or from work the other day and this was the call-in question, so I can't take credit for such a great subject. 

I'll start and for me it's The Matrix. Went into the cinema with no idea of what to expect and 2 and a bit hours later I'm walking out with my head full of false expectations of what I could do if I learned Kung Fu whilst listening to a Prodigy set in a club full of goths dressed in leather. You don't get loads of films that become templates for the following generation of movies but this is one.

Now I hand it over to you chumps, if you could go back and watch a movie for the first time again, which would it be 

Funnily enough, I'm off to my local fleapit in a minute to watch this on the big screen for the first time since 99.

Can't wait

On 07/10/2023 at 21:01, Mudface said:

The Exorcist is a good one as well. I first saw it in '87, the university film society showed it in the main hall. The Catholic and various other religious societies were handing out pamphlets offering counseling afterwards, which was a bit disconcerting considering its reputation (it'd been banned on video and was the subject of a lot of mythologising at school about how horrific and scary it was). In the event, it was absolutely electrifying, about 10% of the audience left before the end as they couldn't handle it and most of the rest of us were petrified, I'd never seen anything like it and didn't sleep very well that night. I saw it again when it got re-released in the late '90s and it seemed more of a psychological thriller than an outright horror, and when they showed it on TV a few years later it had lost a lot of its power. Seeing it again for the first time in a full cinema would be great.

Oh, and they had Exorcist 2 on straight afterwards, which was so ridiculous it broke all the tension and was almost like light relief.

Still scares the shit out of me now, although i have been known to do a good impression of, "your mother sucks cocks in hell" line.

Surprised my good living catholic parents didnt try to talk me out of going to see it.

8 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Busty Brenda's bollock bonanza!

I think we have a winner!

A bit off topic but when family go home from holiday with us we get to use what theyve left behind. I saw shower gel and thought that will do me. Got showered using the top quality gel, it was actually hair conditioner. I looked like i was the main star of a bukaku film.

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Still scares the shit out of me now, although i have been known to do a good impression of, "your mother sucks cocks in hell" line.

Surprised my good living catholic parents didnt try to talk me out of going to see it.

Heh- thinking about it, it should be something religious people want others to see. It shows the redemption of a priest who was having a crisis of faith, and that true evil exists and can be conquered with belief in God. I think that's what makes it so scary- everything's played straight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

I think we have a winner!

A bit off topic but when family go home from holiday with us we get to use what theyve left behind. I saw shower gel and thought that will do me. Got showered using the top quality gel, it was actually hair conditioner. I looked like i was the main star of a bukaku film.

Gonna need pics here.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Heh- thinking about it, it should be something religious people want others to see. It shows the redemption of a priest who was having a crisis of faith, and that true evil exists and can be conquered with belief in God. I think that's what makes it so scary- everything's played straight.

Yea but, fucking yourself with a crucifix just might be a bridge too far.

My Mum and Dad where that good at the catholic thing it was express lift to heaven with speedy boarding and names at the gate with St Peter. Me? lost cause.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

The French and Saunders version of this line made me laugh (although the parody itself was shit).

"Your mother's a maths teacher in Cheshire".

All those French and Saunders parodies were garbage. They were like something you'd expect from a student Rag show.

Usual Suspects just to get that moment back from when the penny drops. 

From Dusk Till dawn - Just remembering the Moment Hayek comes out and I hadnt even finished my wank before my cock was getting bit off by a fucking vampire- Absolute scenes. 

Gladiator- Was just an absolute epic master piece and I am sure I was only 14 and my parents had bought me a 15 on DVD. This was MASSIVE in our house. 

35 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Usual Suspects just to get that moment back from when the penny drops. 

From Dusk Till dawn - Just remembering the Moment Hayek comes out and I hadnt even finished my wank before my cock was getting bit off by a fucking vampire- Absolute scenes. 

Gladiator- Was just an absolute epic master piece and I am sure I was only 14 and my parents had bought me a 15 on DVD. This was MASSIVE in our house. 

It took me two visits to the cinema to get through Gladiator, as I fell asleep about half way through the first time.