You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dominik Szoboszlai - Welcome to Liverpool

Megadrive Man

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Dom is a monster of a player. I just hope injuries are not his weakness too. He really sparks the team when playing.

when playing well.  I really hope he gets back to that fearless revelatory player we saw when he first arrived.  We'll need him playing at the top of his game when we play City.

25 minutes ago, stringvest said:

when playing well.  I really hope he gets back to that fearless revelatory player we saw when he first arrived.  We'll need him playing at the top of his game when we play City.

Personally I think when his form dipped before Xmas, he was still more important to us than anyone who's played the position since. We miss him (and that relentless energy) badly. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Personally I think when his form dipped before Xmas, he was still more important to us than anyone who's played the position since. We miss him (and that relentless energy) badly. 

Agree.  He's definitely better than Elliott in that regard.

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

And gravenberch. and on yesterday's showing, macca. Although I realise it's a.small sample size for Macca. 

Yep.  He's the best we have in that position.  Providing he can regain his early season form, he's a fantastic buy.

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Agree. We dont have anyone close to his quality to step in. Him and Jones are our two best 8s by some distance, the others dont bring enough pressing and intensity.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Mook said:

I'm not 100% convinced by him when he's on the ball. Seems to do loads of donkey work but that 'Next Puskas' stuff looks like bollocks to me.

Excellent and complete midfielder that can do it all is my personal view on him.

Out of curiosity, who said he was the ‘Next Puskas’?

Sounds a bit like saying Conor Bradley is the next George Best.

I like Szobozlai. I do think he occasionally flatters to deceive though. And at the moment, he probably has an unjustifiable amount of arrogance to his game. Probably took the "next Stevie G" hype a bit too seriously. We need him to deliver more in these bigger games before that even becomes a conversation worth having.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mook said:

I'm not 100% convinced by him when he's on the ball. Seems to do loads of donkey work but that 'Next Puskas' stuff looks like bollocks to me.

Given the positions he was in and the amount of the ball he saw, he really should have hurt the Mancs more on Sunday.