You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dominik Szoboszlai - Welcome to Liverpool

Megadrive Man

On 29/09/2023 at 23:33, JustTosh said:

He seems to be very careful and picky when he selects his boys. Can't be more than a couple of hundreds ;-)

Remember when he used to salivate over Jason Puncheon? Jesus Christ. Jason fucking Puncheon.

• Haha 1

I was sat in a different seat to normal on Sunday, quite close to the pitch. I spent an awful lot of it just watching Dom and Trent. I actually thought through the game it was probably one of Dom's least impressive performances, despite his assist (the 2nd assist was yet to happen). Yet watching how he gets about, his contribution was a match for Henderson even at his best - I don't mean henderson of last season, I mean at his peak for us. This is me not trying to have a dig at Henderson. But all of the things he could bring at his best with drive and energy, Dom has them in spades. And that's before we talk about everything else he brings. He makes such a difference to this midfield. 

• Upvote 1

Have they changed the rules on assists? Commentary team on Sunday and Dave on the pod said they were his first assists. Jota scored from a rebound against Bournemouth and Mo from a Peno at Brighton, both of those used to be considered assists. 

34 minutes ago, No2 said:

Have they changed the rules on assists? Commentary team on Sunday and Dave on the pod said they were his first assists. Jota scored from a rebound against Bournemouth and Mo from a Peno at Brighton, both of those used to be considered assists. 

I was discussing this elsewhere too. His shot against Bournemouth and winning of the penalty at Brighton haven't been classed as assists. Same way Darwin's shot which led to Jota's goal on Sunday isn't being given as an assist.

It's daft that the Premier League don't consider such situations as official assists. But in Fantasy Premier League (which is sanctioned by them), those are accepted as assists.

• Upvote 2

The Salah one shouldn't be an assist by the rules as Salah missed the penalty so szob wasn't the last touch before the goal.

Jota in the same game should have had an assist for Diaz as the pass was intended for Diaz and the touch from the defender didn't significantly alter the trajectory but premier League haven't credited that one either for some reason

I know Trent's seasons been a bit stop start so far but at the moment it looks like we get most of the creativity down the right from Salah and Dom, and actually the benefit of having Trent in the middle is to make us more solid defensively as he's not been making as many assists/final 3rd passes. As I say though small sample size at the moment and maybe that will change

On 30/10/2023 at 22:35, Barrington Womble said:

I was sat in a different seat to normal on Sunday, quite close to the pitch. I spent an awful lot of it just watching Dom and Trent. I actually thought through the game it was probably one of Dom's least impressive performances, despite his assist (the 2nd assist was yet to happen). Yet watching how he gets about, his contribution was a match for Henderson even at his best - I don't mean henderson of last season, I mean at his peak for us. This is me not trying to have a dig at Henderson. But all of the things he could bring at his best with drive and energy, Dom has them in spades. And that's before we talk about everything else he brings. He makes such a difference to this midfield. 

Peak Henderson is akin to a windswept sandcastle.

• Upvote 1