You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dominik Szoboszlai - Welcome to Liverpool

Megadrive Man

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Has fallen off a cliff. What the fucks gone wrong with this lad? Looked a monster in our first few games this season. Looks half arsed and lazy now.

He's a young player in a team in transition. He's shown enough already to prove he's going to be top class. He hasn't been terrible lately either, just a bit off form.

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Has fallen off a cliff. What the fucks gone wrong with this lad? Looked a monster in our first few games this season. Looks half arsed and lazy now.

We played him far too much over the first quarter of the season while he was also being played into the ground for his national team.

Catching up with him just as the games get more intense.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

We played him far too much over the first quarter of the season while he was also being played into the ground for his national team.

Catching up with him just as the games get more intense.

Fair enough. He just looks a totally different prospect now. Early days still. 

He was excellent at the start of the season and but there was a lot of hyperbole about him after that which makes the dip in form look worse than what it is imho. 

I think he’s already played a few too many games and is running a bit on fumes, not just for us but I’m pretty sure he plays almost every minute for his country too. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him get a rest on Wednesday. 

5 minutes ago, Wicket said:

He was excellent at the start of the season and but there was a lot of hyperbole about him after that which makes the dip in form look worse than what it is imho. 

I think he’s already played a few too many games and is running a bit on fumes, not just for us but I’m pretty sure he plays almost every minute for his country too. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him get a rest on Wednesday. 

Yeah, I agree people went over the top with him, like we'd bought some souness/Gerrard hybrid. He's struggling at the moment and he certainly seems to be less effective with his work rate - and his work rate for me was his stand out attribute.

It was interesting for me neither Jones nor Elliot got on today when we were crying out for someone who was capable of passing to a team mate. I think they both start on Wednesday. 

I Wonder if he came into preseason a few weeks ahead of everyone else to try stand out and impress? That may explain how he was able to run like the energiser bunny for the last 3 months.

It's far more intense in England as well so those things combined could account for this dip in form, and its only a slight dip. 

I think he'll still be brilliant this season, but next season, after a year's acclimatisation, he'll be monstrous for us.

Probably needs a goal or an assist to boost the auld confidence.

He'll be grand

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It just took Klopp a while to knock all the flair and combativeness out of him to mould him into a template of his ideal midfielder.

IMG_4428.jpeg

We all laugh but I think this is whats happening.

We cant have everyone expressing themselves all over the pitch in this system, thats far to risky in turnovers.

I think he's been told to reign it in and be more of a cog in the machine whilst we establish the new team. Only really Salah and Trent get the freedom of expression ticket.

Diaz is another one. When we bought him his first thought was to run at the man, he's much safer with the ball now. There has to be an element of this otherwise we'd have players taking risks all over the pitch.

15 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure favorable comparisons to Gerrard by many after a couple hundred minutes at the club did him any favors.

This is part of the issue certainly & now it's Puskas.

He looks talented but the hype is ridiculous at the moment. I've missed a good few of our games this season admittedly but have yet to really see him stand out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

This is part of the issue certainly & now it's Puskas.

He looks talented but the hype is ridiculous at the moment. I've missed a good few of our games this season admittedly but have yet to really see him stand out.

Similar suggestions about Alexander-Arnold don't help either.

On 04/11/2023 at 15:56, Kevin D said:

According to the commentary during the Forest game, he only has size 7 feet.

if true, why did we sign him? Like a boxers reach, this is important, especially in midfield trying to break play up, small feet could be the difference of him gaining possession or gifting it. We really need to have a look at this, I know it seems trivial but I know loads of people with small feet & they’re shit. There was a lad with big feet I knew & he went on to have a career for Flint Town. As we know to our cost, a few millimetres can be the difference of being Champions or Runners up.

• Haha 3

There's something really natural for me about this guy in front of goal, especially when looking at clips of some of the other goals he's scored. If we're ever short on forwards at some stage I'd be really interested in seeing him play there as long as our midfield was ok.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

if true, why did we sign him? Like a boxers reach, this is important, especially in midfield trying to break play up, small feet could be the difference of him gaining possession or gifting it. We really need to have a look at this, I know it seems trivial but I know loads of people with small feet & they’re shit. There was a lad with big feet I knew & he went on to have a career for Flint Town. As we know to our cost, a few millimetres can be the difference of being Champions or Runners up.

It’s a real credit to this forum that I genuinely don’t know if this is serious or not. 

• Haha 2