You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup Final: Internazionale vs Abu Dhabi Oilers (Atatūrk Stadium, Instanbul, June 10, 8pm)

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

our players dive to get fouls all the time.

I just don’t accept that. Mane and Salah have been know in past seasons to go down under slight (but definite) contact. I can’t remember Salah doing that for a long time…..he knows he’s not getting anything anyway, even when judo-thrown to the deck. And who else?

It’s standard in the PL for a defender in a tight corner to flop to the floor under minimal (zero) contact. Which of our defenders does that? 

44 minutes ago, Mook said:

Our players dive all the time.

I agree about Klopp but saying our players don't cheat is ridiculous.

Are you basically trying to say that, if we weren't such a holier than thou - and clearly superior - group of football supporters, that... at the end of the day... our players and even club are just as bad as anyone else in these modern days, give or take middle Eastern influence.

How very dare you !!!

I'm not having Salah as a diver I've seen him headlocked thrown to the ground and it given  the other way I think its time it's called out for what it is plain and obvious bigotry they see salah and they don't see someone who looks like themselves, so their ignorance and fucking outdated mentality makes them bias, they see this brown curly hair and think you fucking hair bouncing twat I bet your best purchase wasn't a pit bull headshaver fuck you!

No fuck them.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Are you basically trying to say that, if we weren't such a holier than thou - and clearly superior - group of football supporters, that... at the end of the day... our players and even club are just as bad as anyone else in these modern days, give or take middle Eastern influence.

How very dare you !!!

I'm not saying anything of the sort.

I'm saying our players dive all the time, I'm not saying anything about what goes on at other clubs.

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'm not saying anything of the sort.

I'm saying our players dive all the time, I'm not saying anything about what goes on at other clubs.

I was taking the piss, Mook.  

Sorry.

We all used to be able to do that together - you know, have a laugh and enjoy ourselves, not take things too seriously - prior to the "Battle of Bannockburn" that was the advent of "Abu Dhabi-ball".

It's what makes me most angry - actually not angry, but rather wistful - about what we have now with football... which is, let's face it, a shit show.

You and I, for instance, used to have a laugh together on here, once upon a time.

6 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

I was taking the piss, Mook.  

Sorry.

We all used to be able to do that together - you know, have a laugh and enjoy ourselves, not take things too seriously - prior to the "Battle of Bannockburn" that was the advent of "Abu Dhabi-ball".

It's what make me most angry - actually not angry, but rather wistful - about what we have now with football... which is, let's face it, a shit show.

You and I, for instance, used to have a laugh together on here, once upon a time.

Just ignore me, I'm a miserable bastard.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Trying to avoid anything to do with this today. Not with absolute venom like it would be with Utd. But I am surprised at the ease. Noone is arsed. Its sunny and hot fuck city.

Is that not an 'adult' movie title? 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It seems difficult to say we dive all the time without some sort of comparison metric. There are teams that fall to ground all the time, we do it some of the time.

It doesn't need any metric because I've not compared us to other teams. I'm sure there are teams who are far worse than us for cheating but my initial post was a response to someone saying we never cheat. We do.

12 minutes ago, Mook said:

It doesn't need any metric because I've not compared us to other teams. I'm sure there are teams who are far worse than us for cheating but my initial post was a response to someone saying we never cheat. We do.

Yea, of course there have been instances this season where one of ours took a dive.

These stats here are from Feb, seems we had drawn the least (looks like with wolves) up until then.

https://www.badmantipster.com/predictions/premier-league-fouls-stats/

Crystal Palace -- sheesh.

This is interesting as it shows chances created from fouls for a few clubs - this from March.

For all the talk about United diving they are ironically the team that had drawn the least amount of fouls as of then.

https://www.pff.com/news/premier-league-does-winning-fouls-lead-to-high-levels-of-chance-creation

It has become a serious blight on the game.

Also interesting is that flopping over is considered cheating but tactical fouling, sometimes basically non stop, is looked upon as shrewd.

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

That was me you responded to and I agree with you that we do go down sometimes.

My original post was aimed more at Klopp though, I think he is as honest as a football manager can be. I think he is too honest which is why he is in the limelight for having a go at refs (wrongly at times). 

7 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

That was me you responded to and I agree with you that we do go down sometimes.

My original post was aimed more at Klopp though, I think he is as honest as a football manager can be. I think he is too honest which is why he is in the limelight for having a go at refs (wrongly at times). 

Aye, I agree on that mate. I think we're too nice a lot of the time.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure we cheat plenty. Probably a lot less than others though. 

Agree that Klopp is probably too honest, but in fairness, it's not really hindered him or us in terms of success! 

Also, the treatment of Salah by referees is absolutely scandalous. 

Managed to get out of Uni course early today and catch an earlier train as they were concerned the large parade would cause us issues getting home. 
From  what I have just seen on Oxford Road as a dashed for my train they didn’t need to worry. 
Also after glorious   sunny day the heavens have just opened - which will leave a a few soggy Manc’s waving the sodden plastic flags .