You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup Final: Internazionale vs Abu Dhabi Oilers (Atatūrk Stadium, Instanbul, June 10, 8pm)

They did win last night didn’t they?  Considering I live 20 miles south of Manchester not a City shirt in site this morning when I was out on my bike. Had the mancs won place would be inundated with twat in United tops.

Big club? My arse!

1 hour ago, Pete said:

They did win last night didn’t they?  Considering I live 20 miles south of Manchester not a City shirt in site this morning when I was out on my bike. Had the mancs won place would be inundated with twat in United tops.

Big club? My arse!

Just drove through and around Manchester a couple of times today. Not seen a single shirt. 

Since the competition became the Champions League in 1992, introduced a group stage and then allowed non-champions to enter, it has been a very closed shop in terms of the number of different teams winning it. Marseille, Dortmund, Chelsea and City are the only sides to win it that had never won the old competition. Marseille bribed other Ligue 1 teams to enable an easy ride and be able to concentrate on winning Big Ears. Dortmund signed a bunch of German internationals who'd had varying degrees of success in Serie A, but couldn't kick on as Bayern flexed their financial might once more. Chelsea were propped up by Russian blood money, and City have gone even further in stacking the deck in their favour.

While the horse bolted a long time ago, UEFA's complete fuck-up in punishing financial doping has galvanised City since they won their CAS appeal, and now means that not only have the horses bolted, but someone's nicked the bloody gate too.

10 hours ago, razor said:

True.  But for now, they remain a football club.

They won the Treble in 99.  City are trying to make out they have climbed Everest, but the truth is, people only remember who climbed Everest first.

There has been no jeopardy in this City cakewalk.

At least when Utd climbed Everest there were moments where fine margins made the difference (that spineless ref v us in the third round game at OT who penalised Redknapp in the 89th min, the Bergkamp penalty save, the substitution of Matheus).

United had jeopardy and it was touch and go many times as they rode their luck and battled through.

City didn’t climb Everest. They flew up in a luxury helicopter, took photos and told everyone they climbed it.

As much as that 1999 win made me sick, looking back, it was a heck of an achievement.  This?  Not so much.

Jeopardy all right.

Should have been 0-3 in the European Cup Final.  Maybe 0-4.

Makes me sick seeing pics of these cheating bastards with ol' big ears.

The greatest trophy in the game violated by having the name of cheats engraved on it.

I think of Bob Paisley with that trophy, Joe Fagam sitting by the pool with it, it being paraded around our city to nearly a million people in 05 etc....and then to see these cheats with it.

Sickening.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

The greatest trophy in the game violated by having the name of cheats engraved on it.

I think of Bob Paisley with that trophy, Joe Fagam sitting by the pool with it, it being paraded around our city to nearly a million people in 05 etc....and then to see these cheats with it.

Sickening.

And in that stadium as well. I'm done with footy now. Put my heart and soul into it for 35 years and its just been hijacked and used as a sports washing tool which has been allowed by the corrupt people running the game. 

13 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

5 live has been stomach churning. Pep and Fergie titans of the game etc etc Apparently the charges are just a hurdle to overcome whilst they continue to etch their legacy in history. No one is willing to say hang on he has got no clothes on.

Are these same folks saying that but for Citeh’s cheating & the events pre the final last year Liverpool may well have won the quadruple??  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sickening.

It’s only going to get worse, they are accountable for nothing the ‘charges’ will bring no more than a fine for the odious cheats. The game has been gone for years the final nail was put in when Newcastle got took over, absolutely no morals letting those murdering bastards buy a PL club. Lock the door after me Mother l’ll be gone a while.

29 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

And in that stadium as well. I'm done with footy now. Put my heart and soul into it for 35 years and its just been hijacked and used as a sports washing tool which has been allowed by the corrupt people running the game. 

Yeah this is a new low and it is one that for me personally feels like a bit of a watershed moment - it sort of feels right now what is the frigging point....the greed and the way the game and indeed the world is means these bastards won't get done.

Their owners are too powerful, too rich and it is all too well co-ordinated and also impenetrable for them to be brought down/them have to answer for.....which is why they have always been so bullish, they know they have cheated, they know everyone knows they have cheated, but they also know they'll never actually be touched for it.

Then you have Newcastle about to enter a similar place, the mancs about to be bought and wipe away 1bn of debt and no doubt spend even more than they do now.....The game is beyond fucked and it seems the only way to compete going forward is to sink to the same level as these bastards - a race to the bottom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Are these same folks saying that but for Citeh’s cheating & the events pre the final last year Liverpool may well have won the quadruple??  

I turned it off when they started on about Pep kissing Fergie at the FA cup final. Apparently that is an iconic image. Ferguson granted, a great of the game, no doubt. Much as we hate him if he was one of us there would be murals everywhere. Built several great sides. ok spent tons but also developed youth. Respect is due. Pep is a good manager same as Ben Johnson was a good runner.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah this is a new low and it is one that for me personally feels like a bit of a watershed moment - it sort of feels right now what is the frigging point....the greed and the way the game and indeed the world is means these bastards won't get done.

Their owners are too powerful, too rich and it is all too well co-ordinated and also impenetrable for them to be brought down/them have to answer for.....which is why they have always been so bullish, they know they have cheated, they know everyone knows they have cheated, but they also know they'll never actually be touched for it.

Then you have Newcastle about to enter a similar place, the mancs about to be bought and wipe away 1bn of debt and no doubt spend even more than they do now.....The game is beyond fucked and it seems the only way to compete going forward is to sink to the same level as these bastards - a race to the bottom.

Or win the Europa League.