You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So we are playing that dirge tomorrow then...

an tha

2 hours ago, Dicko said:

Make no mistake that venom that you heard yesterday was aimed just as much at the club as it was at the shower of parasites in Buckingham Palace.

Nah.

The Windsor's anthem was drowned out by "Liverpool, Liverpool".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

The absolute fucking state of this. A Tory candidate apologising for us. Cheeky fucker.

HAHA...love the reply pointing out the irrelevance of having a National Anthem about a man who inherited a hat. 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

John made a great point on the pod. While some think the club should have refused to play it, he said he's glad they did because it allowed us the opportunity to protest, something which a lot of people down south were denied the right to and were arrested. I hadn't thought about it that way.

While we're now getting pelters for it from people whose opinions I could not care less about (Piers Morgan, Peter Shilton, flag nonces on twitter), the fact it happened and is being so widely discussed is a good thing because we were able to get a message out there that others were denied.

I’d have listened to an hours podcast just on the booing. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dave u said:

John made a great point on the pod. While some think the club should have refused to play it, he said he's glad they did because it allowed us the opportunity to protest, something which a lot of people down south were denied the right to and were arrested. I hadn't thought about it that way.

While we're now getting pelters for it from people whose opinions I could not care less about (Piers Morgan, Peter Shilton, flag nonces on twitter), the fact it happened and is being so widely discussed is a good thing because we were able to get a message out there that others were denied.

This is spot on. I've got friends who are really into protesting and marching and such like, and they're seeing those rights steadily eroded.

Anyone who values the right to peaceful protest should appreciate what happened, whether they agree with the sentiment or not.

• Upvote 3

Simon Jordan has a dig, which prompts a Forest fan to want Liverpool sawn off and pushed into the Irish Sea, a City fan to want us all ‘disported’ to Ireland (as if that’s a punishment rather than and obvious present), and one who wants us deported to Australia and the city nuked off the map…

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Simon Jordan has a dig, which prompts a Forest fan to want Liverpool sawn off and pushed into the Irish Sea, a City fan to want us all ‘disported’ to Ireland (as if that’s a punishment rather than and obvious present), and one who wants us deported to Australia and the city nuked off the map…

Just another day on Perfectly Normal Island.

3 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Twitter is an absolute cess pit of hatred towards Liverpool supporters. What a thoroughly vile platform it is. 

I fucked Twitter and Facebook off some time ago and I wont be going back. I can only imagine what's going on

Seriously what has this country done since WW2 to make us proud to be British? Suppose you could argue that kicking the Argies of some rock in the middle of nowhere was a great achievement and in terms of the military lads it was but what else?

Poverty, strikes, public services on their arse, corruption etc etc. Rule Britannia

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

I fucked Twitter and Facebook off some time ago and I wont be going back. I can only imagine what's going on

I've never been on either and have no intention of doing so.

I have friends and relatives who have been caused  a lot of grief down to them and the fuckwits who use them.

3 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Seriously what has this country done since WW2 to make us proud to be British? Suppose you could argue that kicking the Argies of some rock in the middle of nowhere was a great achievement and in terms of the military lads it was but what else?

Poverty, strikes, public services on their arse, corruption etc etc. Rule Britannia

Two world wars and one World Cup innit. 

I'm still immensely disappointed that our longest serving player / captain, a man who's been part of the community and a representative, a figurehead and the focal point of that community, should be so completely out of touch with and immune to the feelings and sensitivities of his community.

Whilst I respect Henderson's right to sing / not sing / express his feelings, I can only shake my head in despair at the disconnect. He is so completely and utterly out of sync that sure questions must be asked regarding his continuance as captain of Liverpool FC.

19 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

WW2 quite rightly was heroic a victory over the Nazis and no doubt at that time we came together as a nation. Could we do that again? Have my doubts.

Given how we reacted to Covid, we’d be fucked.  

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Anyone who values the right to peaceful protest should appreciate what happened, whether they agree with the sentiment or not.

I think crowds at sport, and football in general, are hugely important. There really aren't many occasions where huge numbers of people, often being televised, can display a message like this.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I'm still immensely disappointed that our longest serving player / captain, a man who's been part of the community and a representative, a figurehead and the focal point of that community, should be so completely out of touch with and immune to the feelings and sensitivities of his community.

Whilst I respect Henderson's right to sing / not sing / express his feelings, I can only shake my head in despair at the disconnect. He is so completely and utterly out of sync that sure questions must be asked regarding his continuance as captain of Liverpool FC.

I wish LFD was still here to argue against everything you said there. Would have been tremendous reading material. 

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

WW2 quite rightly was heroic a victory over the Nazis and no doubt at that time we came together as a nation. Could we do that again? Have my doubts.

I think this is very fair.

At a time where the world is smaller than ever, people should be coming to help each other and work together.

Instead the opposite is happening. Divisions are getting bigger, the gaps between the rich and poor is getting bigger and crucially, fewer & fewer seem to be giving a shit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

WW2 was very much a good overcoming evil victory. I can’t imagine any war in the modern day that this country could fight that would be a genuine case of us being the good guys and there being no financial/powerplay. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dave u said:

Spot on Dave. We have no need to give a shit what anyone else thinks.