You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So we are playing that dirge tomorrow then...

an tha

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm already pissed off that there will be more outrage at Anfield booing than there will be homeless people being removed so they don't appear on the coronation footage. DM reporters will already be praying that there is widespread boo's so they can be OUTRAGED! I fucking hate this country. 

Is fucking right

8 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’d rather it got drowned out by YNWA that boo’ing - that’s our national anthem. 

This 100 times over.  And in solidarity with everyone getting left behind in this country.

....and it should be one of the loudest YNWA ever while the national anthem is played on the lowest volume possible

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm already pissed off that there will be more outrage at Anfield booing than there will be homeless people being removed so they don't appear on the coronation footage. DM reporters will already be praying that there is widespread boo's so they can be OUTRAGED! I fucking hate this country. 

I hope to fuck we give them exactly what they want!

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Get on  Dogsarebetterthanpeople

@allgunsblazin

Giving it the big one then of course giving it the "always the victim" shout.

Fucking prick.

Any twatter users on here - get on him.

Screenshot-20230505-163505-Chrome.jpg

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

No. We aren’t UKIP. 

Boo loud and clear and let them and the world know that we fucking hate the cunts 

Oh I'd prefer booing. it was just a possible alternative.

I hate them and everything they stand for with a passion.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, an tha said:

This is actually really well put by club IMO - ranking it lower than eurovision and a charity, emphasising it is PL who have pushed it and effectively saying if you boo it fair do's.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/three-events-be-marked-anfield

It's as good a position to take as possible to take given the fallout that will result from their decision.

I suppose it wouldn't look good them making the decision not to play it.  But also, it is now going to look even worse.  At least institutionally, the Club can't be blamed.  It's the fans who will take a hammering.

The Club as an institution can't be partisan - it is the dominant position to play it, so I understand that they have agreed to do it.  They've made the right decision, but I'm still annoyed by it.

Personally, I'll be standing to attention, hand placed on my heart in my union jack underpants, a tear gently falling across my cheek, as I sing-out this wonderful tribute to our proud nation and beloved sovereign.*

* I won't.

• Upvote 1