You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So we are playing that dirge tomorrow then...

an tha

7 hours ago, John102 said:

My preference for the running order is...

Boo

YNWA

Stick your coronation

Have you seen the state of the weirdos camped on the streets of London? Who's arsed about grief from them?

Notice they didn't move the flag shagging campers but they moved the homeless people who camp out on that floor every single night of their lives so it didn't look bad on the telly. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fallen Angel said:

Just stay outside the Anfield until they’ve done - let them play to an empty stadium bar the Southern serfs who have travelled up. 

Jezza Corbyn is up today, so I’m sure at least one of them won’t be singing it …

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

A few of our players looked pissed of with the booing/chanting.

Tough. 

EDIT: We’ve been pissed off with plenty of their performances this season and never once have we booed them so fuck off, tough shit if they didn’t like it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Tough. 

EDIT: We’ve been pissed off with plenty of their performances this season and never once have we booed them so fuck off, tough shit if they didn’t like it. 

Col, I can’t stand the royal family. I’ve never had any time for them. My dad wouldn’t even let my nan, his mum, who for some reason adored the royal family, watch the queen’s speech on Christmas Day. I couldn’t care less what the players thought, nor do I care that Jordan Henderson sang the national anthem. I can’t understand why he’d want to but it’s up to him.

• Upvote 1

BubbaC

Sport has paid tribute to King Charles III on the day of his coronation.

Players lined up as the national anthem was played before football and cricket matches throughout the country.

Similar tributes were also held before Saturday's final round of games in the rugby union Premiership, which were put back to a 16:00 BST start so fans could enjoy the celebrations.

The tributes were not universal as many Liverpool fans booed the anthem before their home game against Brentford.

As both teams lined up around the centre circle for 'God Save The King' to be played, a large part of Anfield began booing before breaking into chants of "Liverpool".

Elsewhere, there were special ceremonies held at the Newmarket horse race meeting, as well as at the Badminton Horse Trials.

Football's tribute to King Charles III started with Friday's Women's Super League match between Arsenal and Leicester at Boreham Wood, when players surrounded the centre circle to observe the national anthem.