You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yep. My mate has been telling me he’s been playing really well for Juve at the moment as well. 

If I would suspect any player of upping their game for a new contract, he'd be near the top of the list.

Gives me Thiago Motta vibes, clearly talented but not the player you want when you need to dig in and always on the verge of sulking/crying off if the going gets tough.

Fine if you're selecting him for the national team or there's a reason for him to perform, pain in the arse if you're giving him a 4 or 5 year deal.

Sky Germany claiming that Ajax’s Jurrien Timbe and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Evan Ndicka are back-up options for us if/when Gvardiol gets too expensive. Looks like we're definitely interested in another centre half. 

Would Rabiot and Mount be free transfers? Would make sense financially to go after one if we're bringing in Bellingham and a centre half. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Sky Germany claiming that Ajax’s Jurrien Timbe and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Evan Ndicka are back-up options for us if/when Gvardiol gets too expensive. Looks like we're definitely interested in another centre half. 

Given RBL want a world record defender fee for Gvardiol, I suspect we’ll be going for Timber, Ndicka or Antonio Silva.

Ndicka is available on a free in the summer. Apparently he’s got a verbal agreement with Barca. 

Timber can play RB as well. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Would Rabiot and Mount be free transfers? Would make sense financially to go after one if we're bringing in Bellingham and a centre half. 

Rabiot yes, Mount no (2024 I think for his contract)

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Would assume Timber would go to Utd, given the Ten Hag Ajax connection.

I'd say Van Dijk and Gakpo are at least as big a draw for any Dutch players at the moment, along with the Klopp effect. 

Obvious bias there though. 

49 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Given RBL want a world record defender fee for Gvardiol, I suspect we’ll be going for Timber, Ndicka or Antonio Silva.

Ndicka is available on a free in the summer. Apparently he’s got a verbal agreement with Barca. 

Timber can play RB as well. 

We were looking at David Carmo last year when he was at Braga, I know he moved on to Porto but anyone know how he's doing there?

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Someone was pushing soyuncu on a free last week. 

Mount wouldn't be a free..in fact if Chelsea sell him it's because they're raising funds. He'll have 12 months left in the summer. 

As for rabiot, no idea. Can't see we'd be him for him with our no dickheads rule. 

An article on Rabiot’s personality…

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2814750-the-outcast-why-adrien-rabiot-is-one-of-footballs-great-enigmas.amp.html

…given he was 22/23 when this was written, I assume some can be put down to being inexperienced & immature.  

His main issue is telling PSG he wanted to leave on a free, them benching him and everybody kicking off. I can see both sides. 

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

An article on Rabiot’s personality…

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2814750-the-outcast-why-adrien-rabiot-is-one-of-footballs-great-enigmas.amp.html

…given he was 22/23 when this was written, I assume some can be put down to being inexperienced & immature.  

His main issue is telling PSG he wanted to leave on a free, them benching him and everybody kicking off. I can see both sides. 

There's been some maturation for sure. His time at PSG ended dreadfully and Deschamps had outcasted him because he had refused to be an alternate to the squad at the 2018 World Cup but he's since gotten his trust back. His time at Juve has either been awful or pretty good. 

Like, it's hard to say whether he'd be a success here or not if he signed. He has a really useful profile but it's hard to get away from the fact that he isn't consistent and he's been a twat in the past. It would probably be deemed as too risky. 

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve been banging this drum for a while, so I’m going to keep on doing it… 

He might be a bit of a burk and I’m not saying we should be building our midfield for the next 5 years around him,  he’s is a very good player, he’s free and he’s a red.

If we got Bellingham, Nunes and Rabiot, that would go an long way to fixing our midfield issues.

BF01AEB6-B233-47EC-917B-A542899EC329.png

Rabiot and his mother can fuck off.