You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

5 hours ago, El Rojo said:

Sky Germany claiming that Ajax’s Jurrien Timbe and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Evan Ndicka are back-up options for us if/when Gvardiol gets too expensive. Looks like we're definitely interested in another centre half. 

Would Rabiot and Mount be free transfers? Would make sense financially to go after one if we're bringing in Bellingham and a centre half. 

Edson Alvarez from Ajax also. Midfielder. 

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I don't understand the risk of signing Rabiot. He is on a free and if he shows his shit attitude we can offload him for decent money next year.

As a ‘ free ‘ he will command huge wages, if his attitude is shit I can’t see them queueing up to pay a big fee and his wages, can you?

• Upvote 1

A little reading on Rabiot goes a long way…

Ultimately, the vast majority of issues he had was when he was PSG.

He’s not had any issues at Juventus and has been a mainstay of the side during his 4 years.  

Allegedly he wants £9m a season to stay at Juventus (c.£175 per week). A big figure but not gigantic in the scheme of things.

If the news on Nunes signing for us for £50m is true, that’s obviously a significantly bigger investment on somebody who has achieved a lot less in the game and has less of a stature than Rabiot.

47 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I don't understand the risk of signing Rabiot. He is on a free and if he shows his shit attitude we can offload him for decent money next year.

How long have Juve been trying to get rid of him (or has he been linked with moves that never materialised)?

8 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

And 2021

And 2020 (although at the time Paratici warned those interested he wasn't for sale)

A quick a google and I can only see the mancs being in for him last summer.

For a player they seem so keen to sell, they seem to use him a lot…

192E2259-8EC5-4645-83AE-0B6C2DD1F3C1.jpeg

…anyway, as I said, he’s not a player we should building the side around, he’d be a very, very solid squad player. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

They've been trying to offload him since he got there pretty much haven't they?

He's certainly been linked to clubs every window since he got there.

Juventus do like collecting midfielders though so it's no surprise.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

They've been trying to offload him since he got there pretty much haven't they?

Yea, not sure being a mainstay in a side that is 30 points behind the leaders is a come and get me at this point. He's not a kid anymore and wouldn't sign on a two year deal w middle of the squad wages which is all that would make sense for us.

• Upvote 1

This from Forbes is quite a succinct summary of Rabiot

Rabiot is neither fast nor slow; neither an attacking midfielder nor a defensive one; neither technically poor nor the second coming of Andrea Pirlo. Rabiot has always just been there, perpetually in second gear and occasionally flickering into life

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Yea, not sure being a mainstay in a side that is 30 points behind the leaders is a come and get me at this point. He's not a kid anymore and wouldn't sign on a two year deal w middle of the squad wages which is all that would make sense for us.

Alternatively, without that 15 point deduction (not Rabiot’s fault), they’d be level with Inter in second.

Nobody seems to complain that Inter are miles behind Napoli when discussing Barella.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Alternatively, without that 15 point deduction (not Rabiot’s fault), they’d be level with Inter in second.

Nobody seems to complain that Inter are miles behind Napoli when discussing Barella.

Juve sink 160 a week into him - forgetting about any signing bonus do you think he is going to take less here?