You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

Is he maybe a stop gap until we get the Brazilian boy in January?

I'm not going to get upset about us signing a player I've never seen, I mean if he's been running things for Stuttgart and is 30, he'll bring a lot more experience than Lavia. 'Might turn out ok.

We’re in big, big trouble in Andre is seen as a sure-thing for the position long-term, so I suppose the farce of bringing in someone older than Fabinho would make sense in the context of the clown show.

Would mean a potential CB would have to be home grown though, wouldn’t it? I wonder if we’re looking at Maguire for that position - we’re not looking like a threat, so I suspect United would deal with us as they would West Ham. Alternatively, perhaps someone from a mid-table Championship club.

6 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Look, we can react to this in a shoulder shrug "lets see what happens" way, and I think a lot of us will. The window has become such a farce that it's almost likely that we will all laugh in bemusement...I mean who the fuck can be arsed to do anything other than laugh at this.

But in all seriousness, this is a total disgrace and a massive show of negligence. The club has spent years now building up to this massive rebuild (which they have actively been negligent on) and this is the fucking crescendo we've been treated to?

Heads should roll and I don't mean klopp, but I do mean more than that fat vaping bastard. Asleep at the wheel cunts. And Jurgen Klopp, I fucking love you, but I do not trust you to be our sporting director.

It's a disgrace. He'll likely end up a cult player. As in, shit.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

What was Klopp's comment about replacing Milner's role a few weeks back?

If I was to guess what the point of this is tactically; he seems like a solid player with one world class skill; aerial duels, which is very useful. It kind of reads like a signing Brentford would make, or something.

He's not gonna play another position than midfield, I wouldn't think, he's too short to play CB. It would really surprise me if this was a Milner type versatile piece. Maybe in the sense that you sub him on late in games like with Milner and he runs around, plus gives you protection against long balls and such. 

I suppose if he is just a squad addition to provide a bit of cover, depth and flexibility and we bring in a 'bigger' DM signing and a centre half and the 3 uses the 111m we were willing to spend on Caicedo then it is OK.

If this feller is literally it - then we will have failed and failed miserably.

Maybe they'll go balls deep on a Doucoure/Guehi double at Palace which would make a signing like this make sense.

[Secretly I'm quite excited about the idea of signing him, all the Bundesliga types are raving about him and as long as there's not a sucker punch that he's going to cost 35 million the unknown element is fun]

• Upvote 1

Klopp just getting in before Ange signs every fucking Japanese player in Europe...again. 

On a slightly more positive note, having spent 4 years in Germany, you'd imagine the language barrier might not be such a big issue. 

Just now, an tha said:

I suppose if he is just a squad addition to provide a bit of cover, depth and flexibility and we bring in a 'bigger' DM signing and a centre half and the 3 uses the 111m we were willing to spend on Caicedo then it is OK.

If this feller is literally it - then we will have failed and failed miserably.

He’s going to be literally it, because we’ve seen this story time and time again - he’s this year’s Arthur, only not on loan.