You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) Premier League - 14/1/23 - 15:00

Bjornebye

An away win against a side of Brighton’s calibre is unlikely on recent form, but we did manage to beat Spurs a couple of months ago, so it’s not entirely out of the question. With that said, a point at the Amex would still be one of our very best results of the season to date - the focus has to be very much on avoiding defeat, with any more a bonus.

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Really dont see Klopp not going 433

So i'd probably go

------------Alissom

Trent--Matip--Konate--Robbo

-----------Fabinho

------Keita--------Thiago

Salah-------------------Jones

------------Gakpo

If that’s the line up I’ll probably look for a stream on Everton Southampton instead. That promises to be pretty entertaining.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Fuck it - if Nunez and Firmino are out throw Doak in - play him right, Gakpo left and Salah down middle - we might just see Salah get involved and threaten more.

If we are going to insist on play 4-3-3 still then this is my thought as well, inevitably though it'll end up with Ox on the right wing or through the middle or something.

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Can’t see us winning this one, especially if Nunez is out. Our midfield against a couple of the most coveted midfielders in world football could be painful to watch too.

I'm sure we'll take that into account, drop a bit deeper, be more pragmatic overall, and just try and hit them on...

Yeah, they're going to bum us.

37 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I'm sure we'll take that into account, drop a bit deeper, be more pragmatic overall, and just try and hit them on...

Yeah, they're going to bum us.

You know, I wouldn't even trust us at the moment to defend properly if we dropped deeper. We won't, but if Nunez is out I'd start Gakpo/Salah/Doak to give us a bit of speed on the break. 

44 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

You know, I wouldn't even trust us at the moment to defend properly if we dropped deeper. We won't, but if Nunez is out I'd start Gakpo/Salah/Doak to give us a bit of speed on the break. 

I wouldn't either, but the smaller the area to defend the easier it will be.

Those three will almost certainly have to start, won't they?

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

He played 45 minutes for the under 21s on Sunday.

Genuinely can't work out what's going on with him. Seems like he just can't get/stay fit?

Isn’t it supposed to be shin splints? Can be a bastard to get rid of and always possible they will come back. 

37 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I wouldn't either, but the smaller the area to defend the easier it will be.

Those three will almost certainly have to start, won't they?

I reckon Ox, Elliott or Carvalho are more likely to start over Doak. Would be great to see him get a go, though.