You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brighton (A) Premier League - 14/1/23 - 15:00

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, John102 said:

I'm reluctant to sell anyone until I see them with a functioning midfield. I dont doubt the entire team is dreadful at the minute but at this level small margins can have a massive impact and the impact of that midfield goes beyond 'small'.

Agree for the most part, but some of our defending has still been woeful and Salah has been generally awful for a year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, John102 said:

I'm reluctant to sell anyone until I see them with a functioning midfield. I dont doubt the entire team is dreadful at the minute but at this level small margins can have a massive impact and the impact of that midfield goes beyond 'small'.

This is spot on. When you see the difference replacing Fabinho and Henderson with Keita and Elliott made today, it proves that bringing in some proper midfielders would transform the team.

• Upvote 1

It takes investment, hard work and hunger to get to the top, and it takes investment, hard work and hunger to stay there. I know I’m repeating myself, but significantly, Chelsea have fallen just as far as us with injuries and burnout. City are also losing momentum, finally. It’s no coincidence.

Regardless of the third goal, from 70 minutes we were a different team. Even Thiago, who got to stay on, significantly up’d his press and general work rate. Cody was so close to his debut goal, after Trent showed a rare flash of his ability.

Konate was immense today, and clearly he is Van Dyke’s replacement…even covered on the right for a poor Matip & Trent.

Fabinho and Henderson should be benched until further notice. I don’t care who is in midfield with Thiago, as long as they can work their socks off and link up with the strikers and wingers. I still say there’s a case for Trent at RM with Gomez at RB. 

Why did it take us 10 frigging minutes to get our subs on the pitch?? FFS.

Nunez would have beaten their keeper to the ball with that chance in the first half, with his sheer pace, and if he’d scored, different game. Dreams are free.

We go again, but FFS Jurgen MIX IT UP. Both players and tactics.

Very disappointing. FSG out. Joking. Or maybe not. I don’t fucking know.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

He's not the future though is he, he's 31 has purple patches but tonnes of poor games and liafs of injuries. The answers to our problems aren't in our squad.

No, course not. On this season’s displays he’d have been better than any of our front three today though. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Diaz, Nunez & Gakpo have all been majorly  influenced by Ljinders and none of them look anywhere near the quality of salah, mane and Firmino.

They won’t link up anywhere near as good as they did and will cause us headaches rather than the solution. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Harrison Booth said:

Where are the peds? Whoever has them needs to deliver them to the training ground tomorrow. 

2nd question, do we want to beat Wolves and get roasted by Brighton again?

Easy answer, we won't beat Wolves so it's a none issue. Even Wolves are starting to find the net lately and we love to give up easy chances.