You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I think it's got to the point now where shit like this will backfire on them. They've pissed off too many people, too many previous Tory voters are being dragged into the financial mire. It might have worked two years ago - but when people are paying a quid for a pint of milk, when council tax is at an all time high, when energy prices are doubling and mortgage payments are at risk of spiralling, nobody wants to listen to some fat rich twat blaming anyone else. 

I'd quite like the Telegraph to go out of business, though. 

They will find something to deflect everything, again. And the gullible will fall for it, again. 

I hope I'm wrong. 

6 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I think it's got to the point now where shit like this will backfire on them. They've pissed off too many people, too many previous Tory voters are being dragged into the financial mire. It might have worked two years ago - but when people are paying a quid for a pint of milk, when council tax is at an all time high, when energy prices are doubling and mortgage payments are at risk of spiralling, nobody wants to listen to some fat rich twat blaming anyone else. 

I'd quite like the Telegraph to go out of business, though. 

They always want tough decisions to be taken. Unless it affects them.

Fuck Them.

51 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Nice one, hope it works out, nothing like a retirement plan

Like i/you got to be able to handle a loss.

Fucked off in 2003?

I think theChimp is in Australia.

I reckon Liz Truss has gone AWOL because either she’s on a therapist couch in the foetal position, or she’s  on the blower to Ukraine trying to involve us in a ground war with Putin, to change the subject.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

Starmer is playing this well.

.boxing clever  aswell by saying this will take years to resolve.

Mad how this is an utter crises and truss is literally no where to be seen

This has been their MO for years..."never apologise, never explain", and with a supine press and media and a collaborator for a House Of Commons speaker this is what you get.  Its not surprising at all.

36 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I reckon Liz Truss has gone AWOL because either she’s on a therapist couch in the foetal position, or she’s  on the blower to Ukraine trying to involve us in a ground war with Putin, to change the subject.

Thanks for info.

Nothing would surprise me with the Tories.

I'm going to go to my old office tomorrow and sit there smugly whilst talking about how the Tories are so much better than any other party at governing and the economy. Years of having to listen to these cunts, first about the global crash that was caused by Labour, how Cameron was better than Milliband, how Brexit would be fine and then how Corbyn would wreck the country. The number of "I told you so" I have to cash-in are quite a few.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The fav to be next Tory leader is over America.

This seems to be the line being put out on the sly by CCHQ, the Tories have gone from blaming the country's economic ills on the last Labour government, one that lost power 12 years ago, to blaming them on a Labour government that's likely two years away from even being formed.

One for the working class Tory supporters on here - ever get the feeling you've been cheated?