You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Crime

Bjornebye

22 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Yeah those 33,000 Mexican drug deaths last year were obviously down to Uk government spending cuts. It’s a typical liberal cop out, blame the Government rather than own up to any culpability. Every occasional drug user is contributing to these deaths. 

You're deliberately conflating two separate issues. Like I said, tory gonna tory. 

Government policies/cuts to budgets/cuts to social projects have caused a spike in crime/drug use/lack of social mobility/anti social behaviour in the most poor areas of the country. 

That’s a data proven fact. 

Just because Mr and Mrs Surrey like a few lines with their friends after their weekly supper club each Friday night doesn’t fucking change that. 

Drug use is rife across the country and affects every eco/societal group. Guess where the dead bodies are though. 

Like I said, tory gonna tory. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Yeah those 33,000 Mexican drug deaths last year were obviously down to Uk government spending cuts. It’s a typical liberal cop out, blame the Government rather than own up to any culpability. Every occasional drug user is contributing to these deaths. 

I see despite reading The Corner you're still not able to see beyond your previous views on drugs. You're completely incapable of looking at anything that doesn't fit into your bullshit narrow view. Same on the legalisation thread you started, totally ignored any posts pointing to Switzerland or Portugal and the successes had there with decriminalisation and treating drug addicts as the health issue they are instead of viewing them as criminals and pieces of shit. Instead you fuck off waffling about Sackler as you have no response to it. You have a tiny narrow viewpoint of what drives an addict and you have absolutely zero clue of it at all. 

You're disingenuous at best, with your bullshit act on here. Bruce Spanner had you dead right previously.

Also, those deaths are in fact a direct results of the drug war which is supported by our government because successive governments haven't had the fucking balls to tell America to go fuck itself with the bullshit it's forcing the rest of the world to adopt. 

Our government also clearly does not give a fuck about the laundering of the proceeds considering the majority of it is done in the square mile. 

Everyone involved in the production of drugs, sales of drugs etc. all the way down the chain would be robbed off all of their power, influence and money the instant it's not illegal.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Fucking media..

Ian Byrne seems a thoroughly decent fella. 

Sky News had an interview with a little girl yesterday, one of her friends. It was desperate stuff from Sky and the kids parents, that child hadn't a notion of what had happened, she shouldn't have been anywhere near a camera.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, No2 said:

Sky News had an interview with a little girl yesterday, one of her friends. It was desperate stuff from Sky and the kids parents, that child hadn't a notion of what had happened, she shouldn't have been anywhere near a camera.

I saw that, it felt uncomfortable.

27 minutes ago, No2 said:

Itv did a full piece interviewing local kids, it was in very bad taste.

27 minutes ago, No2 said:

Vultures. That picture of the kids sat against a backdrop of forensics might have been a "this is poignant" but what about them poor 4 kids? "look mum I was in the Echo" 

4 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

You're deliberately conflating two separate issues. Like I said, tory gonna tory. 

Government policies/cuts to budgets/cuts to social projects have caused a spike in crime/drug use/lack of social mobility/anti social behaviour in the most poor areas of the country. 

Just because Mr and Mrs Surrey like a few lines with their friends after their weekly supper club each Friday night doesn’t fucking change that. 

Drug use is rife across the country and affects every eco/societal group. Guess where the dead bodies are though

Mexico ?

This is an awful crime but everyday in Mexico, 100s of people die in the drugs war. I’m not dismissing the impact of cuts in drug rehabilitation schemes etc, I am saying we’ve got to move beyond the dreary blame the Government rhetoric and look to our own behaviour and how this contributes to the problem. Poor Teenage boys die in Mexico becuase  other wealthiar older people in the US and Europe buy illegal drugs. If we all stopped buying this shit, people would stop dying. I don’t see why that is such a controversial opinion but hey I’m just a fat Tory cunt so what do I know ? 

11 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Mexico ?

This is an awful crime but everyday in Mexico, 100s of people die in the drugs war. I’m not dismissing the impact of cuts in drug rehabilitation schemes etc, I am saying we’ve got to move beyond the dreary blame the Government rhetoric and look to our own behaviour and how this contributes to the problem. Poor Teenage boys die in Mexico becuase  other wealthiar older people in the US and Europe buy illegal drugs. If we all stopped buying this shit, people would stop dying. I don’t see why that is such a controversial opinion but hey I’m just a fat Tory cunt so what do I know ? 

Are you deliberately trying to prove my point??? 

16 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

I’m not buying this shit services and austerity arguement, the people involved in this awful crime are gangsters in their 30s. They’re not poor by any measure. 

The bigger issue is the huge amount of easy money to be made from drugs and the ability of hypocrital middle class people (like me) to turn a blind eye to the consequences of their occasional habit.

33,000 people died in the Mexican drug wars in 2021 alone mostly teenagers in horrific circumstances but nobody in the US or Europe really gives a fuck. An innocent little girl dies here and there’s outrage. They’ve both been killed by the same industry. 

It's easy and big money because of the law. Poverty etc + an unregulated market of something where demand will stay the same with an inability to impact supply = this shit happens.

Its so lucrative that it encourages more violence and its us that get caught up on it.

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

It's a small percentage who are trying to ruin it for the rest. 

The problem is anyone not getting involved as a kid is bullied. I remember fighting countless times with gangs of Huyton lads who used to come to Brownsfield Park in Prescot and try and rob our ball. We used to chase them back up Huyton Lane defending our territory even though all we wanted to do was play footy and finger our birds. Fighting them rats as a kid made me fearless. They jumped me once in an entry by mine, kicked the fuck out of me. They got a shock when I stood up to them and called them out one to one. 

They eventually took over and you only have to go in a pub in Prescot now and you can spot Huyton right away. "ccchhhhrrrsssccchhhhh" like donald duck. Trying too hard knowing that they think popping down the road is going to make them harder when they wouldn't dare do it in town. 

That whole area is full of shitbags. Can't do anything but wear full black north face gear in the summer and snarl normal people going about their own lives. 

Hopefully after this tragedy people will start being brave enough to give them short shrift and they start realising they aren't invincible. I know I will. 

I moved into Prescot almost 2 years ago but find its pretty quiet by the actual high street. Down the other end going towards Whiston has a few scalls but I've not seen any trouble yet.

I will fight you outside the kwik save.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

There were no mass deaths and murders when....... the market wasn't operated by CRIMINALS.

Hoping recreational drug use just magically stops isn't a genius plan.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Drug use is rife across the country and affects every eco/societal group. Guess where the dead bodies are though. 

But....... tories hate the actual detail. Shhhhhh!

10 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Mexico ?

As I said, you are deliberately conflating two (actually more) completely separate issues. 

‘Mexico’ is a completely different issue to tory government policy here directly causing an increase in antisocial behaviour/drug use/misuse of drug deaths/knife crime etc. 

Careful, someone might think you might have a reason to try and deliberately conflate the two. 

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

As I said, you are deliberately conflating two (actually more) completely separate issues. 

‘Mexico’ is a completely different issue to tory government policy here directly causing an increase in antisocial behaviour/drug use/misuse of drug deaths/knife crime etc. 

Careful, someone might think you might have a reason to try and deliberately conflate the two. 

It's what he does. 

Was the same on the legalisation thread when he went off talking about the Sacklers and completely ignored anything relating to instances where lenience and actually treating addicts as humans was successful.

Thinks the illegal drugs being legal shouldn't happen because of the opioid crisis within a regulated market. But then wants current drugs left illegal, totally unregulated and in the hands of criminals.

As he's someone who has political opinions for money for a living, the cynic in me can't help but think that he's not altogether honest in this shit either. I reckon Spanner had him nailed for exactly what he his when Willard was still on his Kurtz username. 

• Upvote 1

Think its time for reasonable people to stop turning a blind eye to casual drug use now. It all contributes to what has happened.  If you're mate does a line on the weekend, he's involved in this death. If you and your bird have a joint after a long day, your hands are dirty too. 

I feel ashamed I used to contribute to this disgusting cycle. It's not harmless, there are victims and one of them was9 years old. 

Look forward to the usual Whataboutery for alcohol, cigarettes etc

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Think its time for reasonable people to stop turning a blind eye to casual drug use now. It all contributes to what has happened.  If you're mate does a line on the weekend, he's involved in this death. If you and your bird have a joint after a long day, your hands are dirty too

I feel ashamed I used to contribute to this disgusting cycle. It's not harmless, there are victims and one of them was9 years old. 

Absolute nonsense

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Think its time for reasonable people to stop turning a blind eye to casual drug use now. It all contributes to what has happened.  If you're mate does a line on the weekend, he's involved in this death. If you and your bird have a joint after a long day, your hands are dirty too. 

Hyperbole.

The first paragraph reads like something from a guardian columnist.