You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Crime

Bjornebye

A 9 year old girl was shot dead in her home last night in Dovecot. Most likely in retaliation to a 28 year old girl getting shot in her home in Old Swan a few nights ago. 

A woman in her 50's was stabbed to death in a car-park in Kirby yesterday. 

Last week a 22 year old lad was shot dead in the Dingle. 

15 years on from Rhys Jones being shot and it's as bad as ever 

It's tragic. I thought not much could shock me now but that poor girl. 

I don't know what the answer is. I still think Liverpool is relatively safe compared to most cities its size, but it's got a problem with 'grass' culture. It's frowned upon, even by relatively normal people (such as ordinary working parents of offenders) to 'grass'. 

I also think the police are shit, like proper shit. 

Fucking drugs, gangs and criminals not to mention too many 'do gooders' wanting to give the petty crims a pat on the head instead of a good hiding before they become serious criminals.

Appalling these innocent young women have lost their lives and for what? You despair sometimes, you really do.

I fully expect even heavier retaliation now a child has been killed. You can only hope that the police are putting doors in all over the place and trying to get these rats off the streets. Doubtful though because people are too scared to speak up. 

In many ways this is worse than the Rhys Jones murder because his wasn't targeted. I know you shouldn't compare, he was caught in crossfire. This is some scumbag entering a home and shooting wildly even with an innocent child present. Poor fucking kid due back in school in a few weeks. 

Enough is enough. 

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I don't think things are 'gettin werse' it has always and will always be bad, it just spikes now and again and you get horrific tragedies like what's just happened.

I'm not sure mate. That little Ava White stabbed in town last year..... I know that was unrelated to gang stuff and more random but there is zero point getting into any altercation at all out and about now. 

My great uncle got hacked to fuck with a machete outside the Flying Saucer pub a few years ago just for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hospitalised him. He was in his sixties when it happened, really nice, quiet fella. He died of a stroke during the Covid lockdown. 

His son, my cousin, found the lad who did it and dished out some justice. 

• Upvote 6

Really depressing - no 9 year old kid should ever be in that situation.

My best mate was born and raised in Leinster Road in Old Swan (where the other incident this week happened) he says whilst it was always a 'lively' area (it is just off the Prescot Road which is busy with all the shops and ale houses and attracts the usual suspects) it was never dangerous.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

A 9 year old girl was shot dead in her home last night in Dovecot. Most likely in retaliation to a 28 year old girl getting shot in her home in Old Swan a few nights ago. 

A woman in her 50's was stabbed to death in a car-park in Kirby yesterday. 

Last week a 22 year old lad was shot dead in the Dingle. 

15 years on from Rhys Jones being shot and it's as bad as ever 

It is believed that one of the injured parties, a 35-year-old man, was being chased by a man armed with a gun who was firing at him.

"The man being chased forced his way into Olivia's house and the offender ran in after him, firing a number of shots with complete disregard for Olivia and her family, who had no connection with the gunman or the man who forced his way in."

Sadly, Olivia was fatally wounded when the gunman fired at the man who was trying to get into the house, and her mum also suffered a gunshot to her wrist.

"The 35-year-old man who had been chased suffered a number of gunshots to his upper body. Whilst Olivia lay dying, he was picked up by his friends who took him to hospital."

It's horrific, but it is true, it's the same in most towns and cities in Britain.

Me and my missus took our girls into Wales for the day (the lad won't come anymore- "too old"). We went to Llanberis, and then to Caernarfon to have a mooch around the castle.

We were going back to the car between half 6 and 7,  and in the little town centre, loads of teenage kids, lads and girls already acting the nobheads, intimidating people. You could see the darker it was going to get, the more trouble they were going to cause.

It's a culture these days for some.

3 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Re the woman stabbed you just cannot interfere with people arguing or fighting, well not any more, it rarely turns out well for you if you do.

This. 

You always see comments on stories about fights in town and that asking why people just filmed it and didn’t try to stop the fight etc. 

This woman’s fate is why. There’s just too many sociopathic head the ball’s around nowadays that being a good samaritan now comes second to self preservation. 

That’s the sad state of affairs that we find ourselves in. 

• Upvote 2