You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

They do whatever the hell they want with these lines. Nothing will convince me that 2nd United goal is onside. You could see it was offside with the naked eye without having to faff about with any lines. No doubt we'll get some more bullshit justification that greater leeway is given for offside this year like after the game against us even though I've not seen it happen in any other games this year. If greater leeway was given they wouldn't have spent about 5 minutes checking our 2nd goal yesterday when everyone could see it was onside even without the lines. The officials are doing everything they can to make a really mediocre United side relevant this year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, col06 said:

And i bet they looked at it for about 20 seconds as well they spent about 5 minutes trying to find a way to rule out nunez's goal yesterday it stinks

Haven't seen it but would imagine so.

The Nunez one yesterday was laughable - they put up on graphic 'checking possible offside' never saw lines go up, then zoomed in and rocked back and forth the 'handball check' about half a dozen times - still with 'offside check' showing.

Absolute clowns.

It was as clear as fucking day goal was sound, but they dragged it out into a lengthy check and it looked to me like a check that was a mess.

The system itself is ok, it is the awful use of it that is the problem.

• Upvote 1

United are in the title race but I think they will come third. 

They got a bit of luck today and De Gea made some great saves. Rashford is playing like the best player in the league - not saying he is the best player but judging it on the season, he's been arguably the best player in the league. Maybe Saka is the only one who deserves poty more than him. Ten Haag has bought well to be fair. They always get the 50-50 decisions as well. 

They deserved to lose to Leeds at home and drop points away to them. They didn't so I suppose fair play to the fuckers, but that is a bit of a reality check about where they are. They are somewhere between a good and a really good team. Put it like this, City have played pretty much all the hardest away games. United have to go to Spurs, us and Newcastle. I don't see them taking 9 points from those three games. Arsenal could drop a good few points and they do have to go to City but right now they have a little cushion over United, which I think will be the difference.

Maddison is a really good player. I'd definitely be interested if the price was right. I've heard him talking a bit and he acknowledged that he was a bit of a twat when he started making a few quid but that he with the help of his family took a look at his behaviour. I think he would be okay here. Jurgen isn't going to take any shit here. He is a million times more likeable than Grealish from what I can see.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Moysie get the boot tomorrow. That performance today was as bad as Leeds yesterday, just 90 minutes of nothingness, no ideas, no fight, just turned up and ticked a few boxes, if Leeds had a manager he'd be getting sacked too.

11 hours ago, No2 said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Moysie get the boot tomorrow. That performance today was as bad as Leeds yesterday, just 90 minutes of nothingness, no ideas, no fight, just turned up and ticked a few boxes, if Leeds had a manager he'd be getting sacked too.

I'm surprised he didn't get the boot a long time ago. They've a very decent squad. 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

I'm surprised he didn't get the boot a long time ago. They've a very decent squad. 

Their form has improved a bit in the past few weeks after he switched to a 3 at the back so was able to play a couple of the footballers ahead of that. Paquetta was out yesterday so he brings back the big grocks, Soucek and Downes and leaves Fornals, Lanzini and Benrahma on the bench. Tottenham must have been fragile going into yesterdays game and Moyes reverted to his passive self. He is grim