You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

Ben White or a freshly-baked turkey?

classic-roast-turkey.jpg

Arsenal all over Chelsea in the last US money-spinner.

I don't want to wish Koulibaly ill, but if he does get injured and Chelsea have to play Chalabah at CB with any frequency, they're going to ship goals.

Amazing just how bad Werner is.

Sterling? If it isn't served up to him on a plate, he isn't eating. And Chelsea look a bit short of wait staff at the moment.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

chelsea lost 4-0 to arsenal and Tuchel is moaning about the players at his disposal. Meanwhile, the Wail are running an article suggesting Boehlys' US 'revolution' of the club could change the whole PL!

To be fair, it seems to say they are coming at it from a non-FSG direction: spend big to create success. I mean, what could go wrong with that model? I guess football boards really do ask "what would Everton do?".

4 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

To be fair, it seems to say they are coming at it from a non-FSG direction: spend big to create success. I mean, what could go wrong with that model? I guess football boards really do ask "what would Everton do?".

I thought Boehly said he would follow the FSG model so Im not convinced by the article. But, with the sale of the club being conditional on any new owner committing £200m to the team this window with another £800m for stadium 'improvements,' they've been given a free hit on bringing players in, in my opinion.

After getting pumped by Arsenal yesterday, I thought Tuchel’s comments were a bit much…

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-thomas-tuchel-arsenal-transfers-27561882.amp

Maybe his pissed off at missing Raphina & possibly Kounde now, sounds like Alonso is close to going, if I was an existing player, I’d be thinking “fuck you”. 

21 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

After getting pumped by Arsenal yesterday, I thought Tuchel’s comments were a bit much…

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-thomas-tuchel-arsenal-transfers-27561882.amp

Maybe his pissed off at missing Raphina & possibly Kounde now, sounds like Alonso is close to going, if I was an existing player, I’d be thinking “fuck you”. 

He's throwing his toys out as he's prone to do. Tuchel is firmly in the Mou Mou/Conte tier of bitchy managers. He's talking about his attackers as if Chelsea haven't spent like 300m on them. 

• Upvote 1

It would be really good to see those horrible bastards slide back to being shite again.

They have managed to defy all known principles for success like stability, having managers who build a vision over time, having a proper transfer policy etc....by just throwing their wealth around.

If it is now all coming crashing down for them post Abramovich - then good.

Horrible twats - and one of the most horrible fan bases in the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's throwing his toys out as he's prone to do. Tuchel is firmly in the Mou Mou/Conte tier of bitchy managers. He's talking about his attackers as if Chelsea haven't spent like 300m on them. 

Tuchel has also just spent c.£85m on players in the last week or so! 

He shouldn’t have spent £100m on that fat lump Lukaku either. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Tuchel has also just spent c.£85m on players in the last week or so! 

He shouldn’t have spent £100m on that fat lump Lukaku either. 

He didn't. Chelsea buy players and their head coach has to use them.

11 hours ago, m0e said:

He didn't. Chelsea buy players and their head coach has to use them.

He didn't buy Lukaku but he does now apparently have a say in transfers.

Didn't he become increasingly difficult and erratic at Dortmund as the pressure built? I assume with a new regime he's under considerable pressure at the moment?