You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jude Bellingham Welcome to Liverpool…

Analysis of our owners warrants more words but it's all been done to death over the last few years on here. As Lifey said, people were shouted down, or the owners' scrooge like shithousery was intellectualised to the nth degree.

They're simply fucking cunts.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s okay though, we might be able to sign a player Chelsea aren’t especially fussed about hanging on to, a complete and utter waste of space on a free from Leicester and perhaps, if we’re lucky, someone from Brighton and then lose out to Arsenal for a 20 year old bit part player in the worst Bayern Munich team in over a decade.

I'm afraid though that an either/or scenario never leads to both. Fans want Bellingham and fans want multiple other high quality changes. There was no way that we were going to be able to afford both of these things, but whichever one was dropped was destined to enrage the fans. 

I think it's needlessly pessimistic to assume we won't even get multiple high quality changes. It's more likely we'll do okay. And then it's up to the coaches and the players, as it was ever thus. 

The only other option is to dip our hands in blood and enter a Faustian deal with some or other barbaric regime. That would horrify me far more than missing out on anyone.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If we're not going to invest mega bucks on one player then they better not waste the same amount on 3 standard players who will offer fuck all. 

I'm just looking forward to Pep Lijnders follow up book, INTENSITY: Worn Off

It will be Mount and that Nunes jabroni from Wolves and that will be your lot, the slide towards mid table nothingness will gather apace. 
Joke club, joke owners. Make no mistake we’ve made an absolute tit of ourselves here, laughing stock material. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Spot on this, we messed up royally last year, and you have to ask questions in regards to our transfer policy in the wake of Edwards leaving.

What is absolutely fucking comical with these tweets, is it's come from one of the few Liverpool journalists who never gets anything off the club. When the pack rumours get kicked out, he's rarely given a sniff of anything. So he's calling it how it obviously is, because he has absolutely nothing to lose. While all the other so called reputable journalists did nothing more than relay the clubs message almost verbatim, with no context or colour to the story beyond the spin of FSG. They have their incomes to protect as lap dogs. 

When everyone was saying it was expected behaviour that we'd wait for the right player, aside from keita who's been an absolute disaster (plus we actually signed him) and vvd who we only waited for because Southampton caught us tapping up, there's no evidence we ever wait for anyone and then actually sign them. Maybe konate, but I think that's pretty questionable because we just didn't want to spend in the covid winter window. There's always been plenty of players we've waited for and then never followed on to get. The list is probably as long as the list of players we've signed. 

But the bottom line is here, anyone who thinks this "powder dry" stuff last summer wasn't bullshit are deluded. It's just something we say when we wmdont want to spend. It may or may not be true, as the list of ones we've waited for and never signed shows. But things have moved on since last summer. The need in midfield (which was clear and obvious then) is greater than before. And FSG have always maintained they will back the manager when he needs it. I don't think they've done that to date, which is why we're in the absolute fucking mess we are now - when we needed to sign from a position of strength, we tried to do the bare minimum. So regardless of Bellingham. Regardless of if we might be just trying to quash the bid stories yesterday or if it was bullshit all along. These cunts need to dig deep, back klopp in some style and get this team competitive again. We currently have the 3rd highest turn over in world football. Stop acting like fucking paupers and let this manager build a 2nd great team. 

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, an tha said:

Oh you aren't wrong - but sadly i'd be amazed if our net spend this summer is over 150m.

How would you feel if we didn’t buy Bellingham but bought Macallister,Mount a strong rb which would allow us to maybe try Trent in mf a bonus would be a decent cb too.

1 hour ago, bossy said:

While I think £135 mill is too much for any one player, what is concerning is the stupidity of the pursuit strategy. It kind of stinks with the way everything is going at the moment. ‘We are up for sale. Oh, no we aren’t. ‘ we win 7-0 then lose to the bottom team. ‘We are going to buy this player. Oh, no we aren’t’. It’s like Boris Johnson is in charge. 

That’s actually a good analogy of our recent leadership, like a shopping trolley with a wonky wheel.

• Upvote 1

By rights we should have a fortune to spend as we do the minimum every window regardless of how successful we've been. If klopp really wants Bellingham to the point he's made his own job harder because he was assured the club will get him then FSG should stump up the cash as any big club with ambition would alongside whoever else we need. Klopp isn't a cheque book manager they've been fortunate but now it's time to invest as its never been more needed under their tenure. 

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think after this debacle the scales will have fallen from even their most ardent supporters eyes.

I don't think that'll happen..they'll defend them by saying Bellingham was always unrealistic and if someone needs to take the blame, that ward will get the blame. 

I'm waiting for an incoming that we can't really sign anyone because we have no DoF in time and we don't need them anyway without CL football. But next summer will be big. 

6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

We've had the same shit for about five years so I wouldn't bank on it.

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't think that'll happen..they'll defend them by saying Bellingham was always unrealistic and if someone needs to take the blame, that ward will get the blame. 

I'm waiting for an incoming that we can't really sign anyone because we have no DoF in time and we don't need them anyway without CL football. But next summer will be big. 

You’re probably right, there’s none so blind etc.

Fuck it all, I’m sick to the back teeth with this joke of a club.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

If we're not going to invest mega bucks on one player then they better not waste the same amount on 3 standard players who will offer fuck all. 

I'm just looking forward to Pep Lijnders follow up book, INTENSITY: Worn Off

Right back to the bad old days of what we did with the Suarez money 

34 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

How would you feel if we didn’t buy Bellingham but bought Macallister,Mount a strong rb which would allow us to maybe try Trent in mf a bonus would be a decent cb too.

I am on record as saying Bellingham alone does not fix our problems.

Not sure i agree with the fixes above - but do believe that 3 or 4 players is what we need and if it came down to just Bellingham or the 3 or 4 - i'd choose the 3 or 4 everytime.

The 3 or 4 may not be as good as him individually, but the 3 or 4 likely make us a better squad/team.

25 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

By rights we should have a fortune to spend as we do the minimum every window regardless of how successful we've been. If klopp really wants Bellingham to the point he's made his own job harder because he was assured the club will get him then FSG should stump up the cash as any big club with ambition would alongside whoever else we need. Klopp isn't a cheque book manager they've been fortunate but now it's time to invest as its never been more needed under their tenure. 

We only spent £12.9m after sales last summer on Nunez, Carvalho and Ramsey, after selling one of the best players we'vehad for the last 30 years.

Despite having constant CL football for 6 years that was the level of their investment. One first team player and two punts that they could sell on for a profit. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

I think after this debacle the scales will have fallen from even their most ardent supporters eyes.

Ive backed FSG over the years but after this bullshit id rather sell the club to a middle eastern group atleast we know what we will be getting and not some snake in the grass group that uses FFP as a deflection everytime it suits them 

7 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I hope Bellingham either stays at Dortmund or joins Real Madrid because it will really sting if he signs for either of the Manc clubs and tears it up over the next few years.

Agreed. 

I know it’s disappointing to miss out on a player but Real Madrid is still Real Madrid - the 14 times European Champions, arguably a he biggest club in the world, playing in a redeveloped Bernabéu, living in a lovely city in the sunshine, challenging for all the trophies each season…. I’d begrudgingly accept that. 

Moving to City, the anti-thesis of the above, would be a complete kick in the bollocks. 

If he goes to Madrid, maybe we’ll finally get Tchouameni out of it. 

12 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I hope Bellingham either stays at Dortmund or joins Real Madrid because it will really sting if he signs for either of the Manc clubs and tears it up over the next few years.

I wouldn't be amazed to see us sign tchouameni for 70ish million and Madrid using the money to fund Bellingham. 

• Upvote 1

I can’t lie, I’m really disappointed about all this and I suppose we won’t know the full story until all the kerfuffle of the summer is over.

Fjortoft is as reliable as they come in Germany. For him to say we’ve made a bid and then 2 hours later we’ve completely pulled out is plain bizarre. 

I would have liked Bellingham to play for us. If he went on to be as good as they reckon, he’s a mainstay of our side for c.15 years.

I can’t get my head around it all now that after >12 months of planning, we turn round and say it’s too expensive. I don’t believe we didn’t know this all along.

I’m concerned where we go from here.

Personally, I’m not fussed on Mount (who is a forward IMO), Gallagher or Nunes.

I like Mac Allister and Caicedo (I’ve noticed Caicedo more than Mac Allister), if Bellingham was c.£120m, we could likely get both of them for not much more.

I don’t know enough about Kone, Thuram or Gravenberch.

I think we all agree we needed more than 1 midfielder, so it was likely Bellingham + a couple of the above.

It all just feels such a come down.