You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villarreal (H) - UCL Semi Final 1st leg, Wed 27th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Didn't we fuck him over with that Barca transfer.

My mind might be playing tricks but I seem to remember fair fucks when he left on a free to Madrid because we had fucked him over. Like I say might be talking shite

I thought that as well to be honest. Can't remember exactly.

A very good night's work that. We played with a tempo and energy throughout, and the only difference between the first and second halves was that the final ball was more precise and less hurried/overhit. We created an abundance of decent-ish chances and did not allow Villarreal to slow the game down. In the second half in particular, we simply did not leave them with an out ball.

It's exactly the sort of platform you want going into the second leg. No room for complacency but having shown our opponents that they've got their work cut out if they are to turn it around. Nothing wrong with being quietly confident, just don't go thinking the job is done before it is.

Nosotros vamos de nuevo!

10 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Delighted with that. Confident we'll beat them away too.

My only concern is that yellow card for Big Virg, might even be tempted to rest him.

COYMR

No problem that card....they were all wiped clean after quarters....

https://en.as.com/soccer/could-yellow-cards-mean-suspension-for-champions-league-final-2022-n/

• Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

And won 2 European Cups. 

Can't be arsed with the level of the abuse Carra and Macca get. Both annoying in commentary but fucking hell. 

Exactly. I didn't realise players' careers were controlled by us fans. Cranks.

If we need to count the clock down in the second leg, we just have to hold our heads. This sport attracts a remarkable number of morons who can't understand their own rules. VAR, ordinary decisions, it's incredible how dazzled and duped the officials get. Now it seems to be head injuries - anyone who holds their head automatically gets time out. They head the ball, ferchrissakes, and they hold their heads and the whistle goes!

• Upvote 1

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Carragher and Mcmanaman are fucking stupid. They were once very good at their jobs and now are not. That's pretty much it.

Some of Carragher’s more forensic analysis in the studio can be pretty good. He’s tedious as the rest of them when a co-commentator, though.

McManaman strikes me as the type who wasn’t that into football but was good at it so developed it into a lucrative career which he continued after his playing days. He offers nothing at all by way of analysis. Seems genuinely clueless at times. 

It's astonishing how good we are, after decades of mediocrity I really really don't want to take this for granted. We are so good the trophies don't even matter to a point because we are competing against clubs owned by a countries regime with unlimited funds cooking books, so week to week game to game what we see.. the games we watch and the personalities involved its a genuine privilege.  We won't get what we deserve.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, Arniepie said:

Wasn't it something like we were prepared to.let him go and then barca pulled out or something?

Loyalty works 2 ways.

It wasn't all on Macca. But, rumours grow and all of a sudden boss players for us get slagged off as if they aren't part of the clubs history. 

Call Diouf a cunt, every second of everyday absolutely but fucking hell. Steve McManaman and Jamie Carragher? Local lads who gave this club some amazing moments and large parts of their lives. Doesn't sit right with me people calling them cunts. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

It wasn't all on Macca. But, rumours grow and all of a sudden boss players for us get slagged off as if they aren't part of the clubs history. 

Call Diouf a cunt, every second of everyday absolutely but fucking hell. Steve McManaman and Jamie Carragher? Local lads who gave this club some amazing moments and large parts of their lives. Doesn't sit right with me people calling them cunts. 

Carragher isn't a cunt, though he annoys me at times on co-commentary (if not in the studio).

McManaman is a cunt.