You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool songs New and old

Fugitive

What always stick in your head? I've been singing the Gary Macca song all day and is reminding me on all the away trips I did in the 00's on happy Al's. Did a full season with no home games but 13 aways. Amazing times they were. Singing on the coach was better than in the ground sometimes. The song reminds me of going to Chelsea with a kids ticket, taking over the slug and lettuce and getting pulled by the the police for singing 'one man went to lift, went to lift Frank lampard, one man and a forklift truck went to lift Frank lampard'.

Miss those carefree days

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

What always stick in your head? I've been singing the Gary Macca song all day and is reminding me on all the away trips I did in the 00's on happy Al's. Did a full season with no home games but 13 aways. Amazing times they were. Singing on the coach was better than in the ground sometimes. The song reminds me of going to Chelsea with a kids ticket, taking over the slug and lettuce and getting pulled by the the police for singing 'one man went to lift, went to lift Frank lampard, one man and a forklift truck went to lift Frank lampard'.

Miss those carefree days

O Neill's and Gary Macca in Dortie the night before the final was awesome as was the night after!

Someone posted about Forest fans singing about past glories that happened before they were born the other day and it got me thinking about that side, which was a bloody good one in all fairness. 

This was regularly belted out on the Kop to the tune of The Long and the Short and the Tall.

Fuck em all, fuck em all

At Anfield the Forest will fall

Coz we won't be mastered by Cloughies red bastards

We are the cream of them all.

Great times.

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

The Torres bounce. When we played Arsenal in the champions League that time, we also played them in the league at the Emirates when it was relatively new. The Torres Bounce was sung a few times (even though I'm not even sure he played) with terrific gusto. 

The song that had a song to tell you it was coming. Genius.

We’re going to bounce in a minute, bounce in a minute…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arniepie said:

We dont carry bottles 

And there is one with the words 

We will fight for no surrender and we will fight for shanklys pride but I can never remember how it goes.

We'll fight and no surrender,

We'll fight for the boys in red,

We'll fight the fight for Liverpool,

The team that Shankly bred.

We'll fight for Alun Evans,

We'll fight for Ian St John,

We'll fight the fight for Liverpool,

The pride of division one,

Two, three, four,

Listen to the Kopites roar,

LIV-ER-POOL........