You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2022 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

40 fucking million for Alli

Fucking hell, I could have seen that after he first started at Spurs but fuck me. He hasn't managed over 25 league games since 2018/19. And he's only signing for 2 half years

He's signing for free, with all the eventual money being add ons. He'd probably have to win the ballon d'or for the fee to end up being 40m.

Add ons:

1. Makes it to Liverpool (the city) - £5m

2. Turns up to training at Finch Farm - £5m

3. Makes it into starting matchday 11 - £5m

4. Provides an assist - £5m

5. Scores - £5m

6. Doesn't get nutmegged by a little girl - £5m

7. Avoids relegation - £5m

8. Wins the league - £5m

Spurs should be able to get somewhere between £20-30m out of that.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Aubameyang has gone rogue and pitched up at Barcelona without any agreement being in place between the clubs. Tremendous.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aubameyang-transfer-barcelona-arsenal-surprise-26097834

hqdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Linn, I'm in a car barefoot in Barcelona. I've eaten four Toblerones. I've got two white ones left because I don't like them as much as the dark ones. Ask Barcelona if they're signing me.

Yeah it would be nonsense for Chelsea to get him. They've already got a shitload of attacking players. Werner, Havertz, Lukaku, Mount, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi off the top of my head. They'll have some excellent U23s as well. Completely pointless.

Not saying they won't do it, they might well so. I don't understand it at all though.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How do Chelsea manage FFP and wage bill, their squad is choc full of top end players.

They have a steady supply of young players that they can keep on loan and sell when needed, That source of income may be drying up with the changes to loan rules coming in in 2025.

The 'transfer ban' would have had a positive effect on the rolling average as well.