You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wimbledon 2021

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

She'd beat him in an arm wrestle.

I'd prefer her to beat him with tennis racquet!

Edit: Apparently Morgan was backing John McEnroe up! I usually like McEnroe but he's way off with those remarks!

Edited by Creator Supreme
  • Upvote 1

Fucking hate Morgan, I really, really fucking hate him. Like you can 'control' your mental health or choose how you feel. You can't fucking 'man up' when your body and subconsious decides it's pulling the plug, in fact, trying to fight anxiety makes it worse as it's essentially trying to tell you something and thinks you can't hear it. 

He's an absolute turd and should be flushed from British society forever. He's one of about 50 of these cunts stealing a living. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'd prefer her to beat him with tennis racquet!

Edit: Apparently Morgan was backing John McEnroe up! I usually like McEnroe but he's way off with those remarks!

Yesterday, heartless bastard John McEnroe stated:

"I feel bad for Emma, obviously. It appears it just got a little bit too much, as is understandable... Hopefully she’ll learn from this experience.

“I don’t think it helped that the previous match went as long as it did because it made her think about it more. That’s a lot to take on, especially when you’ve never been there before.

“Maybe it’s not a shame this has happened right now when she is 18. I played this tournament at 18 and in a way I was happy I lost. I was able to understand what it would take to make it."

Today, Raducanu herself confirmed McEnroe's heartless bastardliness, stating:

"I was playing the best tennis of my life in front of an amazing crowd this week, and I think the whole experience has caught up with me... 

“Last night will go a long way to helping me learn what it takes to perform at the top. I will cherish everything we have achieved together this week, and come back stronger.”

4 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

"I feel bad for Emma, obviously. It appears it just got a little bit too much, as is understandable... Hopefully she’ll learn from this experience.

“I don’t think it helped that the previous match went as long as it did because it made her think about it more. That’s a lot to take on, especially when you’ve never been there before.

“Maybe it’s not a shame this has happened right now when she is 18. I played this tournament at 18 and in a way I was happy I lost. I was able to understand what it would take to make it."

"I was playing the best tennis of my life in front of an amazing crowd this week, and I think the whole experience has caught up with me... 

“Last night will go a long way to helping me learn what it takes to perform at the top. I will cherish everything we have achieved together this week, and come back stronger.”

In that case I apologise to JMac! I'd read some quite snidey remarks that were attributed to him about Raducanu and that's what it appeared Morgan was backing up!

Morgan's still a cunt!

23 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

In that case I apologise to JMac! I'd read some quite snidey remarks that were attributed to him about Raducanu and that's what it appeared Morgan was backing up!

Morgan's still a cunt!

Fuck Morgan. What would he know about professional tennis anyway? 

12 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

Is that really 'all' McEnroe said?  He did seem to get a lot of stick for his comments which don't really seem that bad as written above, they can even be seen in a supportive light.  Maybe it's how he said it.

6 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Yeah shite. Has it all to do now. He's not going to beat the T-1000 in the semi anyway.

Nobody’s beating Djokovic, he’ll piss it and I’ll be amazed if he drops another set. He’s only dropped one set anyway and that was the opening set of the opening match 

4 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Nobody’s beating Djokovic, he’ll piss it and I’ll be amazed if he drops another set. He’s only dropped one set anyway and that was the opening set of the opening match 

He'll do the calender grand slam this year and reach 21 slams. Just unstoppable

5 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Fed finally appearing his age now. 

Still an amazing achievement to reach the quarters of a grand slam at his age and considering he’s hardly played any tennis in the last year since a knee op  

But you’re right I think it’s catching up with him and I’m not sure how much more we’ll see of him 

4 hours ago, Moo said:

Is that really 'all' McEnroe said?  He did seem to get a lot of stick for his comments which don't really seem that bad as written above, they can even be seen in a supportive light.  Maybe it's how he said it.

I've only seen the transcript. It was a total mystery to me what he was supposed to have done wrong. Even before Raducanu's subsequent quotes.