You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We Need a New Striker - Who?

Bjornebye

Origi has to be on his way this summer. Who do we bring in? Mbappe, Haaland... nah no chance especially without CL football next season if we don't qualify. 

What decent striking options are out there? Will Klopp even want a proper CF? 

If we're talking about replacing Origi with a player with similar footballing attributes but a more energetic attitude, Patson Daka might well fit the bill. Minamino's struggles to acclimatise to the step up from Salzburg to the PL shouldn't automatically mean that Daka would have the same problem. Plus, Daka's national team Zambia failed to qualify for the next AFCON so he wouldn't have the same issues with unavailability that we'd see with Mo and Sadio.

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You'd want to see him playing confidently again before going for it, wouldn't you? Harsh like as he's a class player if he gets back to his level before the injury.

Yeah I thought the same mate. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Probably get sneered at for this shout but i like that Watkins at Villa, and i genuinely think he could excel and really kick on in a top side.

Watkins is a good player. The problem is Villa paid £33 million for him, so he would cost £50 million plus now and he's not worth the price Villa would want for him. 

2 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Watkins is a good player. The problem is Villa paid £33 million for him, so he would cost £50 million plus now and he's not worth the price Villa would want for him. 

I didn't realise they paid 30m for him....

Yeah that bumps him up to 50m no messing in their eyes.

If we were in the cL next season, Id hold out hope we had a chance with Mbappe and even then, it would be a very, very slim chance. Without it, no chance. I think Haaland is city bound due to the agent's stated wage demands and it being a club his arl fella played for.

Ive really no idea which strikers we've been monitoring but I hope they're all at least 6 foot tall and can fucking head a ball. Hope springs eternal.