You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Yep. There was never any chance of anyone sending in troops to defend a non-Nato member, that’s just obvious (well seemingly so).

The real test would be if the Russians pushed into Poland or Estonia etc.

Don't see what all the fuss and condemnation is about then...the US and it's allies have been doing this sort of shot for pretty much their whole existence. Don't see this kind of outrage when it's done by their brethren in Israel.

1 minute ago, Strontium said:

No, I just did a forum search. There's always a post.

Yep. Me saying two years ago that Russia Today is ace is enough for you to deflect from Vince Cable appearing on there on the same day they invade Ukraine while you peddle your lie that Labour are cheerleading Russian imperialist aggression. There's always a reality. 

1 minute ago, ManéMan said:

Don't see what all the fuss and condemnation is about then...the US and it's allies have been doing this sort of shot for pretty much their whole existence. Don't see this kind of outrage when it's done by their brethren in Israel.

As we all know, two wrongs most certainly make a right.

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Me saying two years ago that Russia Today is ace is enough for you to deflect from Vince Cable appearing on there on the same day they invade Ukraine while you peddle your lie that Labour are cheerleading Russian imperialist aggression. There's always a reality. 

Oh, well I'm sure Russia were absolute top lads back in 2020 when you were an avid watcher. And not that I feel any need whatsoever to defend Vince Cable, a private citizen who has had no actual role in the Lib Dems since 2019, but since we're such lovers of accuracy around here, we should be aware his interview with Alex Salmond was recorded yesterday morning, a full day before the invasion.

Also, I didn't say that "Labour are cheerleading Russian imperialist aggression", so that's a lie in itself.

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Oh, well I'm sure Russia were absolute top lads back in 2020 when you were an avid watcher. And not that I feel any need whatsoever to defend Vince Cable, a private citizen who has had no actual role in the Lib Dems since 2019, but since we're such lovers of accuracy around here, we should be aware his interview with Alex Salmond was recorded yesterday morning, a full day before the invasion.

"avid watcher".

Then here comes the hypocrisy..... Your favourite obsession.. Corbyn?

"a full day"

Timmy you are a parody of yourself. Superb trolling, fair play. 

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

Oh hang on, is Pureblood TK?!

The real deal, my man. The purest of blood with a killer leg break. 25 wickets in my first season for Milton Keynes Open Uni at an average of 15!  Three wickets in one over in my debut 20/20.   I even wore whites, not jeans.

shane-warney-moosed.gif

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Genuinely amazed by how many people on the news thought this was bollocks, I'm no Irwin Rommell but he's had literally half his army, many of them shifted in by train from Siberia, on the border for months. Plus he's a cunt.

I didn’t think he was gonna do it either tbh. I thought it was just posturing.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Genuinely amazed by how many people on the news thought this was bollocks, I'm no Irwin Rommell but he's had literally half his army, many of them shifted in by train from Siberia, on the border for months. Plus he's a cunt.

But you have to admit this is unprecedented. Not quite the 9/11 shock value but really proper lunacy. I have quite a collection of Putin lovers on FB and even they were taken a back for about half a day, before they resumed their normal avalanche of bullshit and idiocy.

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

But you have to admit this is unprecedented. Not quite the 9/11 shock value but really proper lunacy. I have quite a collection of Putin lovers on FB and even they were taken a back for about half a day, before they resumed their normal avalanche of bullshit and idiocy.

Genuinely don't see what's so surprising about it. He's obsessed by saving face and looking macho, he waded into Georgia and Syria and seemingly doesn't give a flying fuck. No way he was going to be humiliated and withdraw unless he got some sort of major concessions.