You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) Premier League - 31/1/21 - 16:30

Bjornebye

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I'm actually starting to feel a bit more relaxed about Nat Phillips.  West Ham like to throw high balls into the box and Antonio likes a bit of a scrap. As long as Nat avoids getting into a straight sprint with anyone, he might be the right man for the job.

He is no good for our playing out from back though his passing is awful.

Last night you could see players actually deliberately not passing it to him and it actually caused us some problems - once we nearly lost it in own box because of not passing it to him, had we we would have not had a problem and been on move.

Noticeable that it causes midfielders to have to drop back further to pick up balls he should be getting and carrying.

That will cause us problems and further hurt our style of play...we need somebody who is decent on ball and he just isn't.

He'd actually be ok in a team at bottom of league, who defend for their lives around own box and don't play football....as he is ok at clearing ball, winning headers and challenges.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, an tha said:

He is no good for our playing out from back though his passing is awful....as he is ok at clearing ball, winning headers and challenges.

I’ll take that, as it stands, if he is instrumental at stopping them from scoring.

Square peg in a square hole is good.

1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

I’ll take that, as it stands, if he is instrumental at stopping them from scoring.

Square peg in a square hole is good.

I know we are desperate, but he is just too far below the standard we need - and too slow.

If he had some pace then maybe, but without it no.

He'd maybe be ok in a team like WBA or Burnley.

As it stands though it looks like he is the best option we have, so lets hope he manages to step up.

On 29/01/2021 at 10:42, Trumo said:

It was a routine 2-0 win for us in this fixture last season thanks to a penalty from Mo and a counter-attacking goal from Ox. In fact that game was on this very day a year ago while we were on that epic winning run pre-lockdown. The result put us 19 points clear of Man City after just 24 games, and a massive THIRTY points clear of Chelsea who filled out the top 4. That was the situation and we hadn't even reached two thirds of the way through the season!

Our first game at the London Stadium came near the very end of the 2016/17 season. We had that highlighter 90s Dortmund-style kit and finally got the better of Slaven Bilic. Four unanswered goals and it could have been more as we swatted the Hammers aside. Sturridge, Coutinho with a brace, and Big Div got the goals as the team positioned itself to remain in the top 4 and regain Champions League status.

May 2017 saw Clean Bandit's 'Symphony' knocked off the top of the charts by some tedious autotuned shit called 'I'm The One' from DJ Khaled and his mates Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper and Lil Wayne. Just another forgettable record where artists (I mean that in the loosest sense of the word) collaborate on each other's records to produce exactly the same songs over and over, while dickheads up and down the country stream that shit and turn them into hits. DJ Khaled looks like he should have played an extra in Four Lions or Phone Shop. Anyway, judge for yourself.

While we continue to suffer setback after setback in the centre back positions, and we continue to look like we won't get reinforcements in, we have actually looked closer to our usual selves over the past couple of games. Not absolutely purring but at least looking threatening going forward. Defensively, we might see Nat Phillips starting this one, mostly because of paucity of options back there. West Ham offer physical and aerial threat at set-pieces mostly, and PGMOL's finest always look to penalise us in areas where such teams can profit, so Big Nat might prove to be a useful inclusion. If I was Klopp, I'd be tempted to use this game to sit a little deeper and invite West Ham to try and break us down. Moyes won't want his team to have to play on the front foot and have at least equal possession as it doesn't suit him or them. We are capable of stifling the game this way and we have enough quality to make the most of any opportunities we get at the other end. Whatever we do, do it well and get all the points.

You know it's shit when rappers need autotune to speak in tune.