Quantcast
Chelsea (A) 20/9/20 - Premier League - Page 30 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Chelsea (A) 20/9/20 - Premier League

3 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Also notice that neither Salah or anyone else claimed for anything, so in no way was Salah "being clever". 

Annoys me how Salah gets brought up by these pricks in other games when someone goes down without being touched. Never habitual cheats like Sterling or that little cunt Fernandes 

Beating Chelsea is always nice, especially at their place, but given how tough the games were last season, it was nice to do it in style.

20 hours ago, skaro said:

I guess, in fairness, the containment job probably doesn't count as "highlights", whereas two good touches from an expensive signing does - that's where it's the job of BBC's masterful panel of critics to point out Fabinho's dominance, and I'm guessing they didn't, of course.

There was at least one superb tackle that I thought would make the cut.

On 20/09/2020 at 16:40, AngryofTuebrook said:

Hendo needs to play simpler passes. This Quarterback shit will get us nowhere. 

There are reasons I'm not a manager. 

16 hours ago, Bad Red Bull said:

What a pass from Henderson!

30 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There was at least one superb tackle that I thought would make the cut.

@Caramac any chance you could furnish us with a gif of this - Fab on Werner at around 20 minutes?

Chelsea can bitch about that red card all they want, up until then they had barely created anything and seemed scared of us. We kept the ball far better even in that first half than we did against Leeds. Fabinho didnt put a foot wrong, dont think I've seen someone play out of position yet look so calm and relaxed, especially against a player tipped to be one of the league's top scorers. 

Glad that we've rattled them for Lampard to play an ultra cautious game against us. I barely even noticed Havertz playing so hopefully Lampard has no idea what to do with him. We've put them in their place early on in the season and put a lot of doubt in their mind as to whether they are good enough to challenge for the title. They were mouthing off in the press during the week how they were going to couse us problems.

Second half was great, just treated them like a warm up game and it was good to get Thiago on for some minutes. 

I never thought Chelsea would be in the title race proper, but it will be interesting to see them with their full team available. We probably only played against one of the back five who will be in place in a month's time.

12 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

@Caramac any chance you could furnish us with a gif of this - Fab on Werner at around 20 minutes?

Struggling to find any footage of that one at the moment mate, will post it up if I find any.

Class. Chelsea will do okay due to sheer force of weight of their talented players (Werner will put his head down a lot and run, sheer odds mean this will lead to goals) but Lampard ain't got a tactical bone in his body, that was clear in the way they set up against us. It says more about the quality of the league that they and the mancs will probably finish top four, when they come up against us/city and decent European opposition though they'll get a slap. 

On 22/09/2020 at 10:27, Caramac said:

Found some haha..

6LO5Ogz.gif

q2LJ4Gv.gif

vfxaRaT.gif

KAXqtEf.gif

mzySwEg.gif

BrRoIJu.gif

21HPBlX.gif

Every one of those tackles ends with a pass to a teammate.  He really is quite good at doing football.