You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

15 minutes ago, A Red Tory Queg Cunt said:

I think it’s trends. Woke-ism certainly seems a trend on the left. It’s a free hit for the right, because it all seems like madness from to general folk. The Tories are just get a free run and have been since Brown and Blair fucked off. 

The other problem with wokes is the issues can quickly go out of fashion, ie if their is an issue on the news over a transgeder in the army or some issue with the Queen the left will debate and fiight about it for months whilst the country and the tory party have moved on. It makes them seem more grown up. I'm not saying its wrong to stand up and champion causes you believe in but in the greater scheme of big issues it quickly becomes a bit meh to the average Joe. 

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The other problem with wokes is the issues can quickly go out of fashion, ie if their is an issue on the news over a transgeder in the army or some issue with the Queen the left will debate and fiight about it for months whilst the country and the tory party have moved on. It makes them seem more grown up. I'm not saying its wrong to stand up and champion causes you believe in but in the greater scheme of big issues it quickly becomes a bit meh to the average Joe. 

Of course. Talking about it here doesn’t mean that you or I don’t care about trans rights or whatever, we are talking about electability and the preoccupation with certain things. 

52 minutes ago, A Red Tory Queg Cunt said:

Of course. Talking about it here doesn’t mean that you or I don’t care about trans rights or whatever, we are talking about electability and the preoccupation with certain things. 

Yep, it ends up looking silly. Starmer the other day coming out for trans issues, fine, no problem with that but to the wider public it looks self obsessed. People really don't care  

It gives the impression that the Tories are the party for the big issues whilst Labour are fringe.

Edited by Gnasher

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Yep, it ends up looking silly. Starmer the other day coming out for trans issues, fine, no problem with that but to the wider public it looks self obsessed. People really don't care  

I think politicians have forgotten what pet are about. It’s not that people are evil  cunts, it’s that they care about looking after their families more than they do worrying about the right for people to chose pronouns. They’re more worried about their wages than rights of immigrants. The problem comes when not only do they vote against the interest of those things they don’t care about, but also their own self interest. So then everyone is fucked.

Labour need to play the game and then change it from the inside. If not, and the focus is on things like trans issues, then trans people lose out anyway. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, A Red Tory Queg Cunt said:

I think politicians have forgotten what pet are about. It’s not that people are evil  cunts, it’s that they care about looking after their families more than they do worrying about the right for people to chose pronouns. They’re more worried about their wages than rights of immigrants. The problem comes when not only do they vote against the interest of those things they don’t care about, but also their own self interest. So then everyone is fucked.

Labour need to play the game and then change it from the inside. If not, and the focus is on things like trans issues, then trans people lose out anyway. 

Yeah the fringe issues just piss me off, not that I don't care but I find it all a bit self indulgent, fuck knows what the general public think. 

I've posted this before, good little article which is where Starmer needs to head.. as Clinton said, it's the economy stupid. The tories are divided on it, they'll fuck brexit up and probably make a mess out of post covid. I said it before and I might be naive but I truly believe all is not lost.

Almost every sitting government is seeing support because of the pandemic,  

https://www.ft.com/content/d3c1c5c5-e601-4c46-8d3a-187e1d9a6b87

On 02/06/2021 at 00:44, Gnasher said:

I used to vote for the person I'd like to go for a pint with, but one day I thought to myself that's fucking stupid, 

I've been thinking about this. Try flipping it; of all the people who you enjoy going for a pint with, how many would you want to become Prime Minister? My mates are all nobheads; they'd accidentally burn the whole fucking country down within a week. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've been thinking about this. Try flipping it; of all the people who you enjoy going for a pint with, how many would you want to become Prime Minister? My mates are all nobheads; they'd accidentally burn the whole fucking country down within a week. 

So you hang around with people worse than Boris Johnson?

Keir Starmer has picked the election slogan of US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, “Stronger Together”, to badge the wide-ranging policy review that will lay the groundwork for Labour’s next manifesto.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/16/keir-starmer-picks-stonger-together-slogan-used-by-hillary-clinton-to-rebrand

6JrVj3x.gif

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Inspiring stuff.

Number 6 is particularly welcome.  That Corbynite plan to blast Britain into space was never going to be a vote winner.

Well, not much Corbyn did turned out to be a vote winner. Though I will say I think the last few posts in the thread are a bit silly. A policy initiative (that people have been calling for) dismissed, regardless of content, because another politician in a different country used it. Then an outline dismissed as uninspiring, with no knowledge of content, then compared to the vote winning guru, Corbyn. 

#SinkShipLabour

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Inspiring stuff.

Number 6 is particularly welcome.  That Corbynite plan to blast Britain into space was never going to be a vote winner.

Labour are cooked.

This utter fucking nothingness isn't going to be winning back voters. They're transitioning from pitiful to irrelevant. 

32 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Labour are cooked.

This utter fucking nothingness isn't going to be winning back voters. They're transitioning from pitiful to irrelevant. 

That’s just what they say the roadmap will do, isn’t it? Surely it’s the roadmap itself that’s going to be what confirms just how cooked and useless they really are? 

Problem Labour have got is how do you compete with a liar who says he's all things to all men? 

The north? We've got that boxed off.

The south? No problem.

More hospitals than ever before, more police than ever before,

Houses everywhere 

Workers on boards 

High taxes

Low taxes

Crisps and pop 

None of this is true, but the double whammy of a compliant media and a population who're willing to 'hope' it is even if they 'know' it's not, presents problems. 

Labour will struggle under its current 'centre left' trajectory until (1) Covid is over and (2) Johnson is replaced by literally anyone but him. 

Starmer doesn't inspire me in the slightest, but in a post pandemic world I'd fancy him against a Gove or a Hunt. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Starmer doesn't inspire me in the slightest, but in a post pandemic world I'd fancy him against a Gove or a Hunt. 

You'd hope almost anyone could beat Gove, I think his general creepiness and the fact he looks like the kind of guy who would spend way too much time hanging around creche's would make him pretty much unelectable. 

14 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

You'd hope almost anyone could beat Gove, I think his general creepiness and the fact he looks like the kind of guy who would spend way too much time hanging around creche's would make him pretty much unelectable. 

That’s what I thought about Trump and Johnson. Surely these buffoons could never get close to running a McDonalds, let alone two of the significant world powers. But, ya know, truth is stranger than fiction. People don’t seem to want adults, they want characters.