You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nice to see Galloway doing his bit for the Tories. The old left and the new left joining forces as the biggest asset to the Tories, seconded by only the Labour Party. 

I can't see any particular reason why Galloway would feel any comradeship with the Labour party at this point. Corbyn couldn't wait to get rid of him and Starmer is probably everything he despises in a Labour leader.

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I can't see any particular reason why Galloway would feel any comradeship with the Labour party at this point. Corbyn couldn't wait to get rid of him and Starmer is probably everything he despises in a Labour leader.

He shouldn’t feel any comradeship with the Labour Party. That’s a wholly different thing to helping the Tories by splitting the vote in a marginal area. Galloway is many things, but stupid he ain’t. In fact, there are few as canny as he. He knows what he is doing and I think it stinks. 

34 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

He shouldn’t feel any comradeship with the Labour Party. That’s a wholly different thing to helping the Tories by splitting the vote in a marginal area. Galloway is many things, but stupid he ain’t. In fact, there are few as canny as he. He knows what he is doing and I think it stinks. 

From what I read he has been explicit in that he is hoping to get rid of Starmer.

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

From what I read he has been explicit in that he is hoping to get rid of Starmer.

Yeah, by putting even more Tories in government. Okay, let’s just say for a second that Starmer is all the things some people pretend to ‘know’ that he is but hasn’t been proven. Right wing, hates the left, Blair in disguise, liar, etc., and getting rid of him is the only option. The question is… Who. Comes. Next. I really wish somebody could give a serious answer to this. Who would have been immune from the stuff Labour has endured during this Covid/Brexit fallout, and who could come in as leader without the centre leaning factions doing what the left are doing now and the centre did to Corbyn? 

Unless there’s a better option then all Galloway is really doing is putting another Tory in government. I mean… I’m not a smart man, Jenny, but I don’t see how that’s better than putting a centre left politician in. I honestly can’t work out if the left are doing this on purpose or just through stupidity, and I’m not sure which would be worse. The movement has long since jumped the shark and any chance of decent progressive politics is gone for a very long time. In a game that seems to have reduced to point scoring, those who want genuine left wing, progressive policies are left with a big fat zero. 

Some of the extremely conservative BoD board attended Tory delegations with Cameron and May ,  as is their right , but why would we think that they would ever be aiming to help the Labour party in any way, shape or form ?

The absolute kicker is that in kow-towing to them and the JLM ( who laughably don't need to be Jewish or Labour members )  , they ended up deliberately sidelining and even dismissing loyal Jewish Labour members , and the obsession with this Emperors New Clothes  malarkey has alienated vast swathes of potential supporters in the Asian and Black communities.

50 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The replies to that are fucking horrible 

I very rarely read down the replies because I can guess but on your say so I took a little dip and hey ho no surprise you're spot on, here's one of the more sensible morons, 

On 13/05/2021 at 22:58, Bjornebye said:

She's a massive cunt there is no doubt about that but what do you mean deport her? She was born in Islington

That's enough in itself.