You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

That's it, you are officially expelled from the Corbynista Cult of Cool People (CCCP).* 

I always knew you were a extreme right wing sycophantic corporatist cunt, no offense.

EDIT: *Corbynista Cult of Completely Principled also applies

That's it. I'm off to form the Centrist Corporatist Cunts Party.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Well, ladies, that’s it, it’s over.

I know a couple of members who are quite 'engaged' around there and this doesn't suprise me, they're dickheads.

Now, if you really want to start drawing equivalencies, I'd start with the people who attacked and undermined the democratically elected leader of the Labour Party between 2015 and 2019 and those who are doing it now.

Pricks.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He's made a statement and doesn’t need to back it up. If you ask him to explain it, then you're being dishonest and refusing to move forward. 

In which case... I accept his argument as valid on the basis of ‘because I said so’ logic. Seems reasonable. 

On 05/01/2021 at 13:47, Jairzinho said:

The people he needs to stand up for are going to vote for him anyway.

Are they? Look how easy Scotland turned against the Labour party, or more recently party of the north of England. I'm not sure its wise for a modern day Labour leader fo take any vote for granted 

He needs the "bit of a cunt" vote. Not the window licking far right, but the flip floppers. The type of wankers that might be put off by him saying he doesn't want teachers to be on ventilators, etc. 

Couldn't agree more.

The tactic appears to be to say as little as possible about anything. The Biden route. It obviously makes him come across as one of the dullest, most uninspiring, weathervane politicians to have ever lived but you have to assume some laptop gimps have crunched the numbers and reckon it'll pay off. 

Its seems the plan and with the election four years away maybe its wise although in general I'm not sure the safety first message works. Biden really should have hammered Trump, the result should not have ended as close as it did. The election before last the polls showed Bernie Saunders would have beat Trump easily if the Democrats chose him over Clinton. 

After the bluster and success of Trump and Johnson and in an age of slogans I'm not sure if softly softly is going to be enough. Biden's got a tough four years ahead of him and who's to say another Trump or the man himself wont be back next time? And without a virus to derail the bluster.

Heres the man who the right wing of the Democrats stopped being president 4 years ago.. no safety first time to be bold

It also allows Johnson to keep hanging himself which, hopefully will also switch a few of the "bit of a cunt" group back to Labour.

Johnson seems to get away with topping himself on a regular basis. I think a bold vision regarding health, environment and public ownership maybe needed to win power. 

4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Politics-wise here and around the globe I don't think the genie can be put back in the bottle , dull and competent isn't a winning combination for voters with an increasingly short concentration span and lack of interest in details.

I know he’s not the most memorable guy, but let’s not forget Biden just won with more votes than any president ever. 

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Politics-wise here and around the globe I don't think the genie can be put back in the bottle , dull and competent isn't a winning combination for voters with an increasingly short concentration span and lack of interest in details.

It worked for GrandPappy Biden.

It also worked for Major and May

May is interesting as despite her being the worst campaigner in history she still won the election

I wouldn't have said John Smith was massively charismatic but he was on course to win big 

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, real sliding doors moment, if David had the support of the unions it may have been a different world we live in today.

Possibly

He was tainted with Iraq, though, which was a big problem 

He, almost certainly, would have done a better job than Ed but I didn't like the way he slunk out of British politics... if he'd stayed on he probably would have taken the Leadership before Jeremy

13 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Possibly

He was tainted with Iraq, though, which was a big problem 

He, almost certainly, would have done a better job than Ed but I didn't like the way he slunk out of British politics... if he'd stayed on he probably would have taken the Leadership before Jeremy

He really did take to the post politics world, didn't he?

Wasn't he chairman of Sunderland at one point?

The big sliding doors moment for me though is Clegg asking Brown to step aside in return for a coalition, the arrogance of it. But, the world would be a much better place if it had have happened.