You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online food shopping

Tony Moanero

29 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

To summarise, you said that I said that the suggestion of giving up your delivery slot for a vulnerable person was one of the most ludicrous things I'd seen on the internet. I simply haven't said anything of that ilk. Ever. Ergo, you're a bare faced liar. 

Clearly explained that

After loads of dodging and evasion, lets see if you can possibly answer this now -

Is it a good idea that those in full health should, if they have the means go to the shop themselves, refrain from online shopping for while, if possible, so that vulnerable people have guaranteed slots and dont have to go out?

Come on now, you think its far safer now to shop and are clearly not in a vulnerable group

The internet generally:

C0E6A67E-4E7F-4856-BD05-8F5DBF057575.jpeg

7D174270-5FA3-4BFA-BC8A-36E705CB29C1.png

Us lot:

2E2A584C-A589-480E-962A-55A5FB093F00.gif

FORZA THE GF.

When this thing is over there will just be cockroaches* left and then us lot, breaking off from wanking once in a while to scrap each other.

* and some of us are classed in both categories.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 23/03/2020 at 10:48, Nelly-Torres said:

No. Not at all. As I said, I'm happy to wait while others are prioritised. I'm not happy to put myself in an environment where my risk (and others who I might pass it on to) of contracting a potentially deadly virus is massively increased. That's not Tory. It's common sense. 

I'm not arguing my point any further. It's clear. As is the fact that you're talking bollocks. Plus, I've got an online shop to do.

p.s. Equating "as long as you dont actually have to put yourself out" with not wanting to contract a virus that may require medical intervention to keep you alive is a late contender for the most ludicrous thing I've ever read on here trophy. Utterly bonkers. 

Heres another example.

You think it ludicrous that you, not vulnerable (as we now know), should put yourself at risk so that the vulnerable dont. This statement quite clearly implies that there is no thought for anyone other than yourself

8 minutes ago, A Red said:

Clearly explained that

After loads of dodging and evasion, lets see if you can possibly answer this now -

Is it a good idea that those in full health should, if they have the means go to the shop themselves, refrain from online shopping for while, if possible, so that vulnerable people have guaranteed slots and dont have to go out?

Come on now, you think its far safer now to shop and are clearly not in a vulnerable group

You want a yes and no answer. You're not getting one.

It still depends on many variables. What are delivery times like now? Does the shop you're visiting adopt adequate social distancing measures? Do you have to use public transport to get to that shop? If so, is the bus/train route excessively busy? How long will you be spending in the shop? 

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

Heres another example.

You think it ludicrous that you, not vulnerable (as we now know), should put yourself at risk so that the vulnerable dont. This statement quite clearly implies that there is no thought for anyone other than yourself

You're reading that in isolation. And creating a false impression of my opinion. Again. 

I've clearly said that there needs to be a system with increased resources and infrastructure which means that nobody is put at risk. And, if possible, this system should prioritise those who are vulnerable. 

Why do you find it necessary to keep on lying? 

Just had a delivery- no fish, chicken, turkey meatballs, tinned tomatoes and a number of other things. Does your delivery slot time determine whether you're more likely to get stuff, i.e. if I had an early morning slot, there'd be more stuff around, rather than mid-afternoon?

12 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The internet generally:

C0E6A67E-4E7F-4856-BD05-8F5DBF057575.jpeg

7D174270-5FA3-4BFA-BC8A-36E705CB29C1.png

Us lot:

2E2A584C-A589-480E-962A-55A5FB093F00.gif

FORZA THE GF.

When this thing is over there will just be cockroaches* left and then us lot, breaking off from wanking once in a while to scrap each other.

* and some of us are classed in both categories.

source.gif

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

You want a yes and no answer. You're not getting one.

It still depends on many variables. What are delivery times like now? Does the shop you're visiting adopt adequate social distancing measures? Do you have to use public transport to get to that shop? If so, is the bus/train route excessively busy? How long will you be spending in the shop? 

Delivery times are shite now.

The shop adopts as good as it can social distancing 

You have a car

Spending £40.

Come on, can you do it now? You've got reduced risks, you wouldnt put yourself ahead of them on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, will you do it for Thursday?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, A Red said:

You have a car

Spending £40.

Come on, can you do it now? You've got reduced risks, you wouldnt put yourself ahead of them on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, will you do it for Thursday?

The old Craig David conundrum 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

You're reading that in isolation. And creating a false impression of my opinion. Again. 

I've clearly said that there needs to be a system with increased resources and infrastructure which means that nobody is put at risk. And, if possible, this system should prioritise those who are vulnerable. 

Why do you find it necessary to keep on lying? 

I'm not lying and quite happy to agree with what you put here should happen. How many are you happy to see die before all these resources are put in place?

Just now, A Red said:

You have a car

Spending £40.

In that hypothetical situation, I'd likely do the shop myself. Although I'm not sure I'd feel entirely comfortable doing so.

But, in my actual circumstances, I'd still do a big shop online, with the usual caveats that I'd be happy to wait whilst others are seen to and I'd try to buy from one of the supermarkets who are trying to roll out such schemes, such as Sainsbury's. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

In that hypothetical situation, I'd likely do the shop myself. Although I'm not sure I'd feel entirely comfortable doing so.

But, in my actual circumstances, I'd still do a big shop online, with the usual caveats that I'd be happy to wait whilst others are seen to and I'd try to buy from one of the supermarkets who are trying to roll out such schemes, such as Sainsbury's. 

There you go again, hinting at being vulnerable without saying so. Anyway, you are getting there, really close, dont give up now. 

Would you, now calm yourself , would you now be prepared to wait until there was no back log of more vulnerable people trying to get slots and they were more plentiful, before actually doing your big shop online?

I'm trying to help you save face here, no need to thank me.

I think what A Red and Nelly are missing is some of my wonderful polar bear diplomacy.

The two of you - breathe deeply, let go of your antagonism towards each other, and look at the cute little polar bear cub. Look into the little eyes, the gentle face, and imagine hugging it with a smile on your face. Breathe deeply. Let the love wash over you.

polar-bear-cub-1.jpg?width=1000&height=6

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I think what A Red and Nelly are missing is some of my wonderful polar bear diplomacy.

The two of you - breathe deeply, let go of your antagonism towards each other, and look at the cute little polar bear cub. Look into the little eyes, the gentle face, and imagine hugging it with a smile on your face. Breathe deeply. Let the love wash over you.

Moments later, the photographer had his hand bitten off. The photographer was distracted by the doorbell.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I cant back down now, its too late, this is the fucking internet. Any sign of weakness and youre toast.

It is a lovely bear though *sigh*