You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online food shopping

Tony Moanero

My missus went to order online for the first time ever tonight, a slot was available on April 3rd. While I don't agree with the way @A Red has gone around attacking people I do think he has a point.

Because of him I told her not to order it, we will be at a slight risk going to the shop but we're relatively young and all are healthy. We are already self isolating so if someone has to get this virus I'd rather it be me than someone who is vulnerable or likely to be in contact with someone that is.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

My missus went to order online for the first time ever tonight, a slot was available on April 3rd. While I don't agree with the way @A Red has gone around attacking people I do think he has a point.

Because of him I told her not to order it, we will be at a slight risk going to the shop but we're relatively young and all are healthy. We are already self isolating so if someone has to get this virus I'd rather it be me than someone who is vulnerable or likely to be in contact with someone that is.

Good on you. Did you ring an elderly person and let them know about the slot? 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Good on you. Did you ring an elderly person and let them know about the slot? 

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

Don't tell him who you called, No2! It's a trap!

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

True. I’m only taking the piss. Decent gesture from you and the mrs mate. 

I know you are mate, just disappointed with myself for taking the thread off topic. Hadn't read past page 3 when I posted that.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

It's all about how the coronavirus has revealed Nelly-Torres as a Tory and moof as rampant misogynist.

That's nothing. Did you hear that Moanero chap has moved from Custard Creams to Iced Gems? Shocking stuff.

20 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

That's nothing. Did you hear that Moanero chap has moved from Custard Creams to Iced Gems? Shocking stuff.

So long as he eats all the iced bits that have fallen off first and chucks the naked biscuit bits, then he may redeem himself.

10 hours ago, No2 said:

Now this is what i'm talking about. You've shown the type of community spirit that if more did, the world would be a better place. I realise you have taken a risk but as you said you are in a far better place than some 80 year old that for whom it could be potentially fatal.

I do take on board that I went about it completely wrong way by calling people selfish cunts and understandably it rubbed some up the wrong way and I have tried to apologise to the ones I did it to directly. It was borne of frustration and anger because it was effecting some close to me but a little bit of tact would have got the message over a lot better. I was an hysterical fanny.

I dont include Nelly Torres in this though, he hinted he might be at risk so wasnt one of the ones i was aiming at but went on to completely dismiss the idea that others not in risk groups should help out than those that are.

• Downvote 1

I don't think anybody is against pensioners and at risk groups getting priority but its obvious to see that plenty of the same people are still clogging up supermarkets also. Had to wait outside asda this morning and a good deal of the clientelle frequenting the shop were in later life,even though most were currently in decent health. Alongside many younger people who are overweight and still smoking their heads off. You simply cannot trust the general public.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I don't think anybody is against pensioners and at risk groups getting priority but its obvious to see that plenty of the same people are still clogging up supermarkets also. Had to wait outside asda this morning and a good deal of the clientelle frequenting the shop were in later life,even though most were currently in decent health. Alongside many younger people who are overweight and still smoking their heads off. You simply cannot trust the general public.

You’re part of the problem if you were waiting outside for it to open. Disgusting. 

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I was in the car park but didnt go anywhere near the shop itself. McDonalds was still open too. 'All in it together.'

What was your reason for being out of the house? Why are you ignoring the government’s advice and putting pensioner’s lives in danger? It’s irresponsible and could get you into trouble with A Red on here.