You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online food shopping

Tony Moanero

Just HAD to go to Tesco to get a few bits. 

It's a much better experience than when the whole disagreement on here started. The Tesco has more security on and it's operating a one in, one out system and the social distancing measures in store and by the checkouts seem to be working. 

It's just the general public you have to worry about. I almost got into a little scuffle on the way back as one or two of us challenged the one knobhead who couldn't stick to social distancing on the way back and had to barge through the middle of the pavement while everybody else was sticking to each edge of it to allow as much space between people as possible. 

• Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just HAD to go to Tesco to get a few bits. 

It's a much better experience than when the whole disagreement on here started. The Tesco has more security on and it's operating a one in, one out system and the social distancing measures in store and by the checkouts seem to be working. 

It's just the general public you have to worry about. I almost got into a little scuffle on the way back as one or two of us challenged the one knobhead who couldn't stick to social distancing on the way back and had to barge through the middle of the pavement while everybody else was sticking to each edge of it to allow as much space between people as possible. 

Hahahaha A Red has tracked you down. It will start off slow. Before you know it your recycling will be in the general waste bin. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Why won't you just admit that you were wrong and that everybody is at risk? 

So you're back in the thread and i'm off ignore. Petulant waste of time that was.

Yes, everyone is at risk, some more than others though. My point all along.

Glad you managed to get to Tescos I guess youre only at risk when shopping for others or have given up a delivery slot rather than shopping for yourself.

Is it still the case you wouldnt agree that people should give up delivery slots for the vulnerable, assuming you were not vulnerable yourself? Is the whole idea of doing such a thing still the most ludicrous thing you have seen on the internet?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

You're still on ignore. But I'll have the odd little peep as most of your comments on this post seem to be about me. So I need to check if I need to correct any of your lies or wild misrepresentations. 

On that note, the two questions you ask at the end are based on lies so I can't answer them, I'm afraid. 

You really are a fucking child. First you say you're leaving the thread, then you come back, then you say you are leaving the thread, then you say you are putting me on ignore, then you say youre having a little peep and the new one is to speak direct to me but not quote me. Fucking hell. Oh, and "make me" is a good one too. Are you 12? 

• Upvote 1

Plus, you're not at less risk when shopping for yourself. You're at less risk when the shop have adopted measures to limit the amount of people who can enter the store at one time and when they've put systems in place to ensure in-store social distancing. Measures which weren't in place when the discussion started. 

As I clearly mentioned above. Are you really this stupid? 

I'll simplify

Situation A - Argument starts - shops mad busy - no social distancing measures in place - not really safe enough for a big shop. 

Situation B - a few days later than situation A - new and seemingly effective social distancing measures in place - shops much emptier and a largely controlled environment - likely safe enough to pop in for a loaf and some milk. 

Hope this helps and that you won't make the silly mistake of comparing two largely different situations again the future. 

On 23/03/2020 at 10:31, Nelly-Torres said:

Yes, he's talking complete shite. 

I've no issue if the supermarkets want to come together with the government etc to put a scheme in place which can try to get deliveries out to the priority groups mentioned in this post. 

Also, if I need one or two bits, I'm not adverse to popping in and out of the supermarket as quickly as possible. 

But, a bigger shop? Nope. I'll do that online. Happy to wait a bit for it if others are prioritised. But, not overly happy to spend 20 odd minutes walking around a shop when there's a highly communicable virus going around which, if contracted, can lead to even healthy people requiring medical intervention to stay alive. 

The suggestion that you're a selfish cunt if you're concerned about putting yourself at increased risk of contracting this virus, and possibly passing it on to your loved one's or others, is probably one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read on this forum. And, that takes some doing. 

See the last paragraph. Nasty little liar. 

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

See the last paragraph. Nasty little liar. 

I said you were a selfish cunt if you were fit and healthy, not at risk or a key worker, you should give up your delivery slots. I railed back and toned back my language and attitude, however the message was still the same, give up your slot for someone in need if you could.

The above is quite clear - You are not at risk but you are not going to put yourself at risk for someone vulnerable, for me to suggest you do is one of the most ludicrous things you have read. Clearly you put yourself above people way more vulnerable than yourself.

You said concerned which implied you might still do it, but after questioning it became clear you wouldnt.

It's there in black and white. You lied. And you're STILL comparing chalk and cheese situations, a quick shop for 2 or 3 items in a relatively empty shop and a large, longer shop, a weekly shop, in a busy shop. 

It seems futile to continue this conversation if you can't own your lies or acknowledge that doing A is not the same as doing B. 

On 23/03/2020 at 10:31, Nelly-Torres said:

The suggestion that you're a selfish cunt if you're concerned about putting yourself at increased risk of contracting this virus, and possibly passing it on to your loved one's or others, is probably one of the most ludicrous things I've ever read on this forum. And, that takes some doing. 

Liar? I didnt suggest you were a cunt for being concerned about contracting the disease, I suggested you were a cunt for not wanting to do it for people less vulnerable than you, assuming you were fit. You know this, at no point did I say you should forget the risks to yourself or indeed go shopping if you were vulnerable.

It clearly does read you think it ludicrous for you to put yourself at risk over the vulnerable.

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

Liar? I didnt suggest you were a cunt for being concerned about contracting the disease, I suggested you were a cunt for not wanting to do it for people less vulnerable than you, assuming you were fit. You know this, at no point did I say you should forget the risks to yourself or indeed go shopping if you were vulnerable.

It clearly does read you think it ludicrous for you to put yourself at risk over the vulnerable.

He’s a closet Tory, putting himself over other people.

• Upvote 1