You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronacunts

Bruce Spanner

DJs and fireworks. Christ.

3m ago10:19

Amy Walker

Greater Manchester Police have urged people not to flout lockdown rules over Easter after officers broke up 660 parties last weekend.

Chief constable Ian Hopkins said:

We understand the desire people will have to spend time with family and friends over the Easter period, however it is vital that we follow the government guidelines.

The force said there were 1,132 coronavirus-related breaches reported between Saturday and Tuesday, including 494 house parties – some with DJs and fireworks – as well as 166 street parties.

A woman in Bury became the first person in Greater Manchester to be charged under the Coronavirus Act 2020 after police were forced to shut down one party several times.

Officers also dispersed 122 groups gathering to play sports and 173 gatherings in parks, and dealt with 112 incidents of anti-social behaviour and public disorder.

On Sunday, the health secretary Matt Hancock warned the public that outdoor exercise could be banned if people ignored physical distancing measures during warmer weather.

What a shitbag.

Police arrested a man on suspicion of theft after it was alleged that he stole a large number of face masks and other products from stores at north London ambulance sites and attempted to sell them online.

The man, in his 20s, was arrested on Wednesday, taken into police custody and bailed pending further enquiries to a date in late April.

He had been able to access the sites as he was a contractor working with London ambulance service. Officers recovered a number of items during their searches and these were returned to LAS.

DI Jason Colby, leading the investigation said: 

I am saddened that anyone would take advantage of the NHS for their financial gain at such a critical time. These masks are a vital piece of PPE for emergency service personnel and are used to keep both themselves and patients safe.

We will continue to crack down on anyone attempting to take advantage of our emergency services for personal gain, especially at such an unprecedented time.

We are grateful to those who are assisting our investigation.

Wow- https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/09/manager-at-major-uk-food-supplier-says-staff-who-stay-at-home-may-be-sacked

Fuck these cunts.

Manager at major UK food supplier says staff who stay at home may be sacked
Video at Bakkavor site shows boss threatening staff who are also seated less than 2m apart

A boss at one of the largest suppliers of fresh food to UK supermarkets threatened to sack staff who stayed at home during the Covid-19 pandemic, a move that may have pressured vulnerable workers into shifts at a factory where social distancing has not been observed.

Workers at a north London plant run by the food group Bakkavor, which supplies the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Marks & Spencer and Waitrose, weretold they would be first in line for future redundancies if they missed work when they were not sick – even though some may have underlying health conditions or family members displaying symptoms.

The comments were made during a presentation given last week to staff by Sean Madden, Bakkavor’s head of operations at its Elveden site, which was secretly filmed and then shared with the Guardian and ITV News.

Madden told workers that the pandemic meant the company was struggling because of falling orders and labour shortages, and suggested that the majority of people taking time off work were not suffering from the virus.

The video, which clearly shows workers seated less than the two metres apart recommended by the government, depicts Madden telling staff: “If we need to get rid of 200 people’s jobs next month, I’m going to look at who turned up to work and I’m going to look at who didn’t bother turning up to work. The people who didn’t bother turning up to work, you know, they will be the first people that we have to get rid of, unfortunately.”

While he repeatedly told workers to stay at home if they were unwell or displaying symptoms, Madden also said: “If we look at the 45% of people who are off sick [at the moment], maybe 5% of those have coronavirus. The other 40% of people just don’t want to come.”

The same messages were then repeated in Hindi for the benefit of workers who did not speak English. Bakkavor has since apologised and said that Madden is now on “leave”.

The company warned its investors last week that Covid-19 had “created significant operational challenges” for the group and that the pandemic “has resulted in a reduction in orders across all of our categories [meals, salads, desserts, pizza and bread]”.

It is also facing the task of improving its Covid-19 safety measures in all its 25 plants, with Madden admitting to Elveden workers in the video that “we can’t social distance in [the factory]” and urging them to use a multi-tube – a type of stretch fabric scarf worn around the neck during outdoor sports that can be pulled over the wearer’s mouth and nose. Products made at Elveden include Tesco chips, Tesco lamb kofta, M&S “dirty” fries and a range of sauces.

Some workers have told the Guardian and ITV News that they have felt under pressure to attend work at the Elveden site.

A Bakkavor spokesman said: “We take this very seriously and are investigating the matter. We apologise to our Elveden staff for any miscommunication or worry caused. The manager in question has been given leave and prior to his return to work, he will undertake further training around his role and responsibilities and the high standards we expect of a Bakkavor manager.

“Our advice to all our staff is to stay at home if they are feeling unwell or believe they have symptoms or if they are self-isolating due to members of their household displaying symptoms – points that were communicated at the staff briefing you have footage from.

“We are saddened and concerned to hear today that a few colleagues feel under pressure to come to work and we’re putting protocols in place to speak to all staff at their next shift to make it absolutely clear that no colleague should come to work if they feel unwell, are self-isolating or if a family member is unwell.”

Andre Marques, a London organiser at the GMB union, which has members on the Elveden site, said: “This behaviour is absolutely shocking. It is beyond unacceptable to threaten workers with the sack just for trying to keep themselves and their families safe.

“[We are] calling for urgent action to protect the safety of workers at Bakkavor, including the immediate introduction of social distancing and proper protective equipment. A snood [multi-tube] is not proper protective equipment for a workplace.”

Bakkavor said that multi-tubes were just one measure in a range of “further controls” to make its sites safer, including the introduction of visors. It said it previously had in place “wide-ranging safety measures” and had not made, or had plans to make, any redundancies.

The real cunts are yet again the media. The fawing admiration of the bbc for boris Johnson and the queen is stomach churning, its worse than North Korea. 

In fact I know it's worse here than North Korea  I got a mate over N Korea who used to speak to me on the internet and he said "Gnasher dont believe what they tell you, only yesterday I went to the great leaders monument and told everyone passing Kim is nothing but a fat little cunt, you try shouting something like that about the queen outside  Buckingham palace " 

Hes got a point, although I havn't heard from him since he got that message through, and that was 6 years ago.

• Upvote 1

Easyjet - not a chance of getting a refund.

Ok, they offer vouchers or you can book another flight (and lose money if it's cheaper), but if you phone to get a refund then you get an automated message to phone back later. They have no intention of refunding anyone.

51 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The real cunts are yet again the media. The fawing admiration of the bbc for boris Johnson and the queen is stomach churning, its worse than North Korea. 

In fact I know it's worse here than North Korea  I got a mate over N Korea who used to speak to me on the internet and he said "Gnasher dont believe what they tell you, only yesterday I went to the great leaders monument and told everyone passing Kim is nothing but a fat little cunt, you try shouting something like that about the queen outside  Buckingham palace " 

Hes got a point, although I havn't heard from him since he got that message through, and that was 6 years ago.

Its only taken you 6370 posts. Im out of rep. I will be back. 

6 hours ago, Gnasher said:

The North Koreans play along or they'll be murdered. Britain's just choc full of Bell ends.

Suddenly heard a really weird sound earlier when I was catching up with a mate. Had only just finished work so was a bit worn-out, not really with it. Anyway I realised it was coming from outside and my bedroom window (ground floor, front of a block of flats) was open. I went had a glance out of it, couldn't see where the noise was coming from so closed the window and thought nothing of it. 

Ten minutes later and a group of us are chatting now, I look at the clock and the penny drops.

I think my neighbours were out clapping and I probably look like I slammed the window on them...

Shit.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Suddenly heard a really weird sound earlier when I was catching up with a mate. Had only just finished work so was a bit worn-out, not really with it. Anyway I realised it was coming from outside and my bedroom window (ground floor, front of a block of flats) was open. I went had a glance out of it, couldn't see where the noise was coming from so closed the window and thought nothing of it. 

Ten minutes later and a group of us are chatting now, I look at the clock and the penny drops.

I think my neighbours were out clapping and I probably look like I slammed the window on them...

Shit.

Two women in our street who live opposite each other have spent most of the last few weeks sat outside each others houses together on deck chairs letting their kids play on the front. No social distancing whatsoever. Loud as fuck all day long. We got in bed early to watch a film and had the window open. Sure enough 8pm comes and the pair of them are stood there clapping loud as fuck looking around for people to see them doing it and to make it worse one of them had given her cunt brat of a son a frying pan to twat as loud as he could for a minute. Needless to say the little cunt kept on after the minute. I slammed the window too. 

11 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Two women in our street who live opposite each other have spent most of the last few weeks sat outside each others houses together on deck chairs letting their kids play on the front. No social distancing whatsoever. Loud as fuck all day long. We got in bed early to watch a film and had the window open. Sure enough 8pm comes and the pair of them are stood there clapping loud as fuck looking around for people to see them doing it and to make it worse one of them had given her cunt brat of a son a frying pan to twat as loud as he could for a minute. Needless to say the little cunt kept on after the minute. I slammed the window too. 

Bastards, I had a prolonged one myself, don't know what this fellas got, it's like a loud triangle or something.