You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tory Cabinet Thread

Bjornebye

52 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

There is talk they want to remove access to eye care and prescriptions in their war on people on benefits. 

I heard through the grapevine they have enough 'shake-up' of social support (inc. PIP) coming down the track to make it harder for people to claim.

I think alot of the stuff they are doing right now is an active attempt to move Starmer even further to the right and to give him less latitude if there is a Labour majority.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

I heard through the grapevine they have enough 'shake-up' of social support (inc. PIP) coming down the track to make it harder for people to claim.

I think alot of the stuff they are doing right now is an active attempt to move Starmer even further to the right and to give him less latitude if there is a Labour majority.

I don't know if it's a scare tactic?

The medicine stuff would surely not be legal.?

Transport Secretary being shown up for the clown he is by Victoria Derbyshire.

Promises made that apparently aren’t actual promises. Commitments published online, then deleted. 

Announcing projects that were already announced years ago, but not delivered, but giving the impression they’re projects hot off the HS2 cancellation press. 

A bit of a car crash. Not a good look for the bloke in charge of transport. 

Just now, YorkshireRed said:

Transport Secretary being shown up for the clown he is by Victoria Derbyshire.

Promises made that apparently aren’t actual promises. Commitments published online, then deleted. 

Announcing projects that were already announced years ago, but not delivered, but giving the impression they’re projects hot off the HS2 cancellation press. 

One on Sky before was even worse...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

He doesn't care, it's the same bloke who came out with the 15 minute city conspiracies, he's just happy to have a job and will say/do whatever he's told to0 to keep it.

• Upvote 2

On 03/10/2023 at 23:44, Section_31 said:

Loads of Germans voted for the Nazis, so when all these candy ass types are crying the blues over Dresden, I'm saying "nice one, fucking do it again."

That's how I feel about Bolsover where even poundland dare not tread, and Kent with its 100 mile tailbacks.

Fuck'em. And on the seventh day the seas boiled and the sun turned red, and Jesus said "serves you right for voting for cunts."

Great comment, rated 5 stars.

On 03/10/2023 at 23:44, Section_31 said:

Loads of Germans voted for the Nazis, so when all these candy ass types are crying the blues over Dresden, I'm saying "nice one, fucking do it again."

Around 35%, which means 65% didn't, in an era when everyone was scared shitless of communism and hyper inflation was killing the economy. Nobody knew anything about nazism in the 30's becaue they didnt have anything to compare it to. Hitler then burned down the reichstag to make sure they couldn't vote.

I have no problem with Dresden being bombed because it was a legitimate target (another argument perhaps), but your comment about it being justified because Germans voted for it is fucking stupid.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, M_B said:

Around 35%, which means 65% didn't, in an era when everyone was scared shitless of communism and hyper inflation was killing the economy. Nobody knew anything about nazism in the 30's becaue they didnt have anything to compare it to. Hitler then burned down the reichstag to make sure they couldn't vote.

I have no problem with Dresden being bombed because it was a legitimate target (another argument perhaps), but your comment about it being justified because Germans voted for it is fucking stupid.

Yeah, 13.7 million people doesn't constitute 'loads of Germans' I take it back. 

I said what I said largely tongue in cheek and don't think any civilian deserves to die, any civilian - although a healthy dose of suffering would be just deserts for any Nazi voter (none of the reasons you've given above justify said vote).

But you've re-written history there so let's get into that aspect of it. 

At its height the Gestapo had only 16,000 employees, meaning it was only able to police a population of 66 million people (using only shoe leather back then, unlike now) thanks to informants - lots of them. Denouncing neighbours and family members. 

As you're a student of history you'll also know that, unlike us, the German economy was never fully mobilised with war until right near the end as it continued to churn out things like cars and consumer goods, as Hitler knew the importance of keeping the people 'on side'. 

The Germans as a nation had to be rehabilitated for the cold war (that's why the Waffen SS got the blame for virtually all of the war crimes, even thought the Heer had committed plenty - its officers though had to be utilised by the Allies after 45, so they were okay. Not to mention the army of scientists and doctors who were scooped up by the allies too)

The notion of a population cowed and frightened in their rooms by this omni-present terror machine sounds good for the western papers, but it wasn't true - certainly for most of the war. Many of those who backed the Nazis, and there were many, were quite happy to see their country benefit at the expense of others. So by all means, give them their just deserts. 

I didn't rewrite anything. Nazis got 33% of the vote in November 1932 which wasn't enough to rule by so they held another election, burned down the Reichstag, pinned the blame on the commies, and got 44% off the back of it.

After that he passed the enabling law and banned opposition parties.

So my point that over half the country didn't vote for Adolf stands. I admit though I missed the tongue in cheek nature of your post.

Anyway, back to the Tories. 

On 27/09/2023 at 22:11, Creator Supreme said:

They've always been dodgy Tory bastards that family. Fuck them and their tonka toys.

On 27/09/2023 at 22:22, lifetime fan said:

Crap employers too. 

Just catching up with this thread.

The wife used to work for a sheet metal company as a sales admin. Bamford sent an email out telling all his employees and suppliers to vote for Brexit. I can remember the wife showing it to me.

They had a stipulation too, in contracts, that if you're a supplier, their work cannot be more than 25-30% of your annual income, so as if they pull the rug from under you (usually when you've increased prices), you don't go bust and ultimately go crawling back with more suitable prices. The sheet metal firm used to fudge to books to get more in and were running at around 60%. They were Tory cunts too. No pay rises for over 10 years but nice new cars for the family. The Boss owned the factory but his wife owned the company that rented the machinery to the company. In the end, they had to give out attractive rates of pay because everyone would leave within 4 weeks of starting when speaking to the other lads who were stuck there.

• Upvote 1