You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Spy Bee and Strontz have been saying it for ages 

@Stront19m Dog™'s facts are about as believable as Mr Spock's tales from his time in a nightclub on the planet Vulcan.

If @Spy Bee is claiming they don't work, I would like an explanation as to why he would take £120 from me on something he says do not work?

I'm hoping this explanation will be very good.

5 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Who is this loon? She mentions ‘plandemic’ at the end so assuming she’s banging on about Covid. 

To be fair, she’d struggle to get in the top three craziest people on this thread if she joined it. 

I’ve seen a few videos of her the last year or so. Some absolute attention seeking Irish head the ball. A dangerous waste of fucking oxygen 

15 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Who is this loon? She mentions ‘plandemic’ at the end so assuming she’s banging on about Covid. 

To be fair, she’d struggle to get in the top three craziest people on this thread if she joined it. 

She's batshit mental. Ireland's version of Katy Hopkins. Used to be a journalist for an Irish Newspaper then went down the rabbit hole

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

WAKE UP SHEEPLE, WATCH ALL THESE LUNATIC YOUTUBE VIDEOS SO YOU CAN THINK FOR YOURSELVES EXACTLY LIKE THEY DO

I’ve always wondered why the most ‘truth’ has the least views or hits and the worst presentation value.

I’m sure it’s part of the conspiracy, or some shit.

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I’ve always wondered why the most ‘truth’ has the least views or hits and the worst presentation value.

I’m sure it’s part of the conspiracy, or some shit.

You should see some of the videos of her haranguing  the police over here. Nutjob. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bill_Esterson/status/1314644083122503680?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1314644083122503680|twgr^share_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1314644083122503680

Won't embed for some reason? 

A tweet from Bill Esterson about how a huge PPE contract was given to a newly founded company connected to the Tories rather than an established company in Formby.

By registering for this event, you understand and expressly acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. In attending the event, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and waive, release, and discharge Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; the host venue; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers from any and all liability under any theory, whether in negligence or otherwise, for any illness or injury.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

By registering for this event, you understand and expressly acknowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. In attending the event, you and any guests voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, and waive, release, and discharge Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.; the host venue; or any of their affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, or volunteers from any and all liability under any theory, whether in negligence or otherwise, for any illness or injury.

They will still turn up despite how blatant it is that they’re just props. Idiocy knows no limits.

• Upvote 1

The Prime Minister will spend the weekend finalising local measures to be announced on Monday that could see pubs and restaurants ordered to shut in large parts of the North of England.

Hang on, I'll do this in a few seconds. Pubs and restaurants will close in parts of the North of England where the covid rates are very high. Phew, that was tough but I got there in the end. 

We've been reading for almost a week now about the new traffic light system they are supposed to be implementing. I wonder who got paid billions for that? On Monday it will be announced and apparently by Wednesday it will be implemented. 

So for just under a week they will have twiddled their thumbs watching massive growth in infections in certain areas and instead of acting quickly, which apparently saves lives. Instead they decide to wait a bit, you know because the longer they wait the more people get infected. 

It doesn't really matter if you think pubs and restaurants are areas where there are the most infections, what matters is they obviously do think it otherwise why shut them at all? And if they do think it then surely leaving them open for another week doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. 

I go back to my initial quote, after seven months of covid what the fuck are they spending the weekend working on? I believe that MPs want to debate, so why not get the greedy cunts in over the weekend? Why does any obvious action to potentially save infection rates climbing take too long to happen or when they do anything it's half measures that hardly help.

It's November 5th soon, hint hint..... I'm just saying.

• North West hospitals are forecast to have around 850 coronavirus deaths within the next five weeks
  • Modelling understood to have been circulated and discussed at high level management meetings this week
  • ICUs will be ‘in surge capacity’ by the end of next week 
  • Comes as intensive care doctors want to make decisions locally about suspending elective care

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/regions-hospitals-set-for-850-covid-deaths-by-mid-november-says-leaked-modelling/7028613.article?adredir=1

(link free if you register)

Liverpool and Merseyside are currently the hardest hit areas of the north west, which has prompted urgent discussions today about cancelling elective procedures. However, the modelling suggests there has been a “slight decrease in the growth rate” in the last few weeks.

It projects around 225 deaths in the wider Cheshire and Merseyside system from 13 October to 17 November on current trajectories, with around 2,400 beds occupied by the end of the period.

The document adds: “This model assumes the transmission trends continue at the same level as over the last four weeks. Therefore, this is presenting a scenario if nothing changes. Interventions, either those recently enacted or soon to be enacted, are likely to change these trajectories…

“These should be taken as a potential scenario rather than a likely prediction. In particular, small variations in the last few data points might change the rate of future growth, resulting in large variations in predictions after a month or more.

“The next couple of weeks are already ’in the pipeline’ (unless policies or spontaneous behaviour change that occurred one/two weeks ago have an appreciable effect), but projections beyond that will be affected by actions taken now.”

Meanwhile, HSJ understands there are mounting concerns from intensive care doctors in the region around critical care capacity, with some calling for a suspension of high risk elective cases.

One senior clinician said: “By the end of next week intensive care units in a few North West hospitals will be in surge capacity. We have the equipment and physical resources, but we’re concerned how we will get staff from across the region.”

Ganesh Suntharalingam, president of the Intensive Care Society, said: “At the moment all ICUs are working within normal capacity, but the proportion of ICU patients with covid-19 is on average 12 per cent in England and up to 22 per cent in the North West, with higher figures like one in three in some hotspots. “

He said elective activity should be carefully reviewed with an “emphasis on local and regional decision-making, rather one size fits all”.

Genuinely wonder if the half arsed support measures for the business sector go hand in hand with their planning reforms which will allow anything and everything to be turned into sub standard flats by foreign investors.

After the credit crunch they were hosting repo bonanzas at the MEN arena for people to pick up a bargain.

It's always a land grab with these fuckers couched in some half arsed spiel about survival of the fittest.

When you get these bar owners on the news talking about how their business has only got a matter of weeks left, there'll be cunts watching it who'll be licking their lips and masturbating.

Atlas shat - in my mouth.

Joe Anderson confirms Liverpool Tier 3 lockdown expected from Wednesday but hints restaurants could stay open

Liverpool will be on a new tier three lockdown within days, with pubs closing but restaurants possibly allowed to stay open, the city's Mayor has said.

Joe Anderson has been in talks with Whitehall bosses over the last 24 hours as proposals for how the amended rules to cope with the rising pandemic numbers will work. 

And he said he expects pubs and bars to have to close, with restaurants being allowed to stay open until 10pm.

Speaking on the Radio Four Today programme, Mayor Anderson also slammed the government for "treating the north with disdain."

Mayor Anderson said this morning: "We had some conversations with Downing Street yesterday, we have got further conversations, discussions with them this afternoon. "And I expect that Liverpool will be one of those announced.

"We will be in the local lockdown, new local lockdown, which is announced, which will probably be, well, will be Tier Three, and that that will be enacted in Parliament on Tuesday. "We are continuing the discussions and conversations today."

Mayor Anderson criticised how news of the Liverpool's new measures emerged, with leaders in the northwest finding out developments secondhand. He added: "Now we are engaged in a conversation that's telling us that these decisions have been made, so that's... a conversation, not a consultation. "But the main point of the imposition of the measures are clearly that: imposition. We have not be consulted."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-confirms-liverpool-tier-19082876