You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

10 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

You're asking me what the future consequences could be of allowing the government to decide what injections go into your body could be? It's not hard I don't think.

It should be up to a person to decide what medicines are injected into their bodies, not governments. The biggest red flag of this entire year for me is people suddenly deciding that that shouldn't be an issue.

Governments are known to be corrupt so the reasons for mandates might not be the best for our health and injections could have long term health effects that aren't known at the time they're mandated.

If you want to deny that either of those could possibly happen in the future with mandated injections then I think you'd have a large amount of people from all walks of life quickly disagreeing with you, because it should be easy to see that they're both serious risks.

What about governments who mandate the wearing of seatbelts or who ban smoking in indoor public places? Or governments who promote MMR vaccines for babies who clearly cannot give informed consent?  Should we all assume that they have nefarious motives and start fearing for unknown, unspecified future consequences?

Or should we start looking at obvious evidence and stop swallowing bullshit?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

How is it possible for you to strap half a sack over your face and not have it impair your breathing?

I've seen photos of some of you and half of you look like Buster Bloodvessel so it is inconceivable to me that you can behave as if it's not there.

I'm sitting here with it on with my face getting hot and scratchy and wet and my breathing getting faster. What fucking superpower do you all have that stops this from happening to you?

If this is true, you're not breathing healthily and you should consult a doctor.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What about governments who mandate the wearing of seatbelts or who ban smoking in indoor public places? Or governments who promote MMR vaccines for babies who clearly cannot give informed consent?  Should we all assume that they have nefarious motives and start fearing for unknown, unspecified future consequences?

Or should we start looking at obvious evidence and stop swallowing bullshit?

Comparing seat belts and the smoking ban to experimental mRNA vaccines.  Hah.

Will I lose my job and livelihood if I light a cigarette in Tesco?

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If this is true, you're not breathing healthily and you should consult a doctor.

I find it hard to believe that anyone can obstruct their nose and mouth and not have it impact upon their breathing.

If it wasn't any kind of obstruction, wouldn't sportsmen wear them while partaking in sport?

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I find it hard to believe that anyone can obstruct their nose and mouth and not have it impact upon their breathing.

If it wasn't any kind of obstruction, wouldn't sportsmen wear them while partaking in sport?

I would concede this point, they do make breathing more difficult.  Especially if you have to exert yourself in any way.  Well, mine does because it has folded kitchen towel inside, two PM2.5 dust filters and I wear an extra mask on top which also has a PM2.5 dust filter inside.  That's a lotta layers.  When I walk briskly, it gets harder to breathe no question.

It's a minor inconvenience, though, and in a pandemic I think wearing a mask is a conscionable/selfless thing to do.  

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I’m late here, and enough people have said something already, but for what it’s worth I’ll add a “come on, now” to proceedings.

wearing a mask is less pleasant than not wearing one. No doubt. And at times if while you’re wearing one you have to put in a bit of exertion - like running up the stairs for a soon to depart train or something - you’ll feel the effects of it and get a bit clammy, and maybe now it’s winter and the moisture in your breath condenses in the cold, your mask might get a bit damp if you’re wearing it while on a cold train platform, but still, with all that said… come on, now. It’s not a hardship.

in Berlin for the weekend we had to show Covid passes or negative test results and wear a surgical or FFP2 mask in all indoor spaces. Everyone did what they were asked to do and nobody was majorly inconvenienced. Because everyone was willing and doing it, it was efficient and effective. All ages of adults were wearing masks everywhere we went, even the ropey cafe we went to for breakkie asked to see our Covid passes, and checked them properly. Came home and didn’t have to show anything to anyone when we landed and I’ve barely seen a mask since I left the airport. Comes from a lack of leadership and a higher than preferred proportion of gobshites given a prominent voice, in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Like F1 drivers? In temps of well over 100? Sportspeople like them?  

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’m late here, and enough people have said something already, but for what it’s worth I’ll add a “come on, now” to proceedings.

wearing a mask is less pleasant than not wearing one. No doubt. And at times if while you’re wearing one you have to put in a bit of exertion - like running up the stairs for a soon to depart train or something - you’ll feel the effects of it and get a bit clammy, and maybe now it’s winter and the moisture in your breath condenses in the cold, your mask might get a bit damp if you’re wearing it while on a cold train platform, but still, with all that said… come on, now. It’s not a hardship.

in Berlin for the weekend we had to show Covid passes or negative test results and wear a surgical or FFP2 mask in all indoor spaces. Everyone did what they were asked to do and nobody was majorly inconvenienced. Because everyone was willing and doing it, it was efficient and effective. All ages of adults were wearing masks everywhere we went, even the ropey cafe we went to for breakkie asked to see our Covid passes, and checked them properly. Came home and didn’t have to show anything to anyone when we landed and I’ve barely seen a mask since I left the airport. Comes from a lack of leadership and a higher than preferred proportion of gobshites given a prominent voice, in my opinion.

My wife was in Berlin this weekend. She’s just been pinged by T&T but as double jabbed doesn’t have to isolate. 

The 64-year-old founder of a Christian television network that was critical of COVID-19 vaccines died on Tuesday after contracting the virus.

Marcus Lamb's death was announced by Daystar, the second-largest Christian network in the world boasting an audience of 2 billion people globally.

Lamb's network focused on miraculous healings and general good-vs-evil as opposed to more specific denominational teachings.

Daystar hosted daily interviews with people who talked about the dangers of the vaccines and their impact on Christians' freedoms, the Post noted. 

Big Karma>Big Pharma

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

How is it possible for you to strap half a sack over your face and not have it impair your breathing?

I've seen photos of some of you and half of you look like Buster Bloodvessel so it is inconceivable to me that you can behave as if it's not there.

I'm sitting here with it on with my face getting hot and scratchy and wet and my breathing getting faster. What fucking superpower do you all have that stops this from happening to you?

Could you be having a panic attack? 

9 hours ago, Boss said:

The vaccines have been known to cause blood clots, and blood clots can lead to heart attacks. So, in that sense, it'd be more logical to deduce the vaccines are the cause of the increased heart attacks, instead of the virus - which mostly affects the lungs. However, there is some data that says COVID can cause blood clots, so the picture is unclear.

Myocarditis has been directly attributed to the vaccines though - which is inflammation of the heart, which can progress to cardiomyopathy and chronic heart failure. The point is though, the vaccines are not without risks.

Did you read what I wrote? You're more likely to get heart problems or clots from Covid than the vaccine. The virus does not mostly affect the lungs, it's also a cardiovascular disease. This has been known for a while now. Everything that has been attributed to the vaccines has been attributed to the virus. That's why if you don't have causality, it's nonsense to say the vaccine is at fault. 

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Are you wearing the thin blue ones that are available everywhere or a special ffp3 mask?

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Could you be having a panic attack? 

Well maybe sometimes, but all the time? I do get anxious and claustrophobic. Also when there are clouds in the sky I feel closed in, like I have a blanket on me.

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

Are you wearing the thin blue ones that are available everywhere or a special ffp3 mask?

Just a standard white cotton one, I think it has three layers. I'd rather not use the disposable ones, they're an environmental catastrophe in the making.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Just a standard white cotton one, I think it has three layers. I'd rather not use the disposable ones, they're an environmental catastrophe in the making.

Fair enough. I use the blue ones because I can get them for free and I have trouble breathing in the n95 or fpp3 ones myself. The thin snoods make breathing a bit easier as well. 

56 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Spot on.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I feel obliged to rep because it makes sense. Like a breath of fresh air. The best thing about masks is the fresh air you get after using them sensibly.

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

When you're not running around playing elite level sports, do you still find yourself blowing for tugs because of a piece of cotton over your mouth and nose? If so, that's not healthy and you do need to get some medical advice.