Quantcast
Coronavirus - Page 1304 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Coronavirus

Recommended Posts

One of the parents of a kid in the wife's class has put her kid in school next week (she is a carer to be fair) - but someone noticed her post on Facebook on Friday saying "last day of work, off next week, looking forward to chilling." 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Here's a weird one. My old boss (who's a great bloke) has had his jab. He's 45 with croehns disease. Apparently that classes him as extremely vulnerable. He's also had covid 3 months ago.

My mrs is 52 with copd and my mums 69 with two mechanical heart valves and a pacemaker. Neither have heard anything.

I'm 10 years younger than your old boss and suffer from ulcerative colitis, which is in the same family of disease as Crohn's. It is indeed an autoimmune disease, our bodies don't know the difference between good and bad bacteria and fight the good. On it's own it's enough to qualify as clinically extremely vulnerable but given it is often controlled with immunosuppressive medication, we are high risk of both catching it and suffering serious illness if we did catch it.

 

I had my jab last week. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

One of the parents of a kid in the wife's class has put her kid in school next week (she is a carer to be fair) - but someone noticed her post on Facebook on Friday saying "last day of work, off next week, looking forward to chilling." 

Selfish cunt. Its really fucking difficult for teachers at the moment, a significant number of people need to take some responsibility for being a parent and stop treating schools as though they're a substitute for their lack of care. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neighbour knocked at ours yesterday - told me the husband had tested positive. Our kids sometimes play together so she was just giving a heads up.

 

Never mind someone in her household was positive, she'd just been round the corner shop. Then not long after she went out in her car for a few hours. Then later on, he pulled up in his car to talk to me - he'd just been out to Costa. Someone he knew came along and he got out the car and started talking to them.

 

No wonder the situation in this country is so grim.

 

To make it even worse, she works in a chemist! 

 

The other week they went to his mum's for a big family dinner with other family - the other family turns out all has Covid. The neighbours just ignored it and carried on their business waiting for the test results - him and her went to work, the kid went to nursery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

I'm 10 years younger than your old boss and suffer from ulcerative colitis, which is in the same family of disease as Crohn's. It is indeed an autoimmune disease, our bodies don't know the difference between good and bad bacteria and fight the good. On it's own it's enough to qualify as clinically extremely vulnerable but given it is often controlled with immunosuppressive medication, we are high risk of both catching it and suffering serious illness if we did catch it.

 

I had my jab last week. 

Same with my sister- she's on Methotrexate and daily steroids for rheumatoid arthritis. I also have it, but it's mild enough not to require steroids- I did have a flare, literally the weekend before the first lockdown and was put on the shielding list while I had the steroid course and for a month afterwards.

 

On the bright side, there was some evidence published that some RA/ immuno-suppressive drugs do have a beneficial effect with CV-19, apparently they dampen down the immune reaction which can lead to a cytokine storm, so it's swings and roundabouts.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Neighbour knocked at ours yesterday - told me the husband had tested positive. Our kids sometimes play together so she was just giving a heads up.

 

Never mind someone in her household was positive, she'd just been round the corner shop. Then not long after she went out in her car for a few hours. Then later on, he pulled up in his car to talk to me - he'd just been out to Costa. Someone he knew came along and he got out the car and started talking to them.

 

No wonder the situation in this country is so grim.

 

To make it even worse, she works in a chemist! 

 

The other week they went to his mum's for a big family dinner with other family - the other family turns out all has Covid. The neighbours just ignored it and carried on their business waiting for the test results - him and her went to work, the kid went to nursery.

It's just mental. I wonder if they're the sort who start posting shit on Facebook as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presumably, like most of these right wing pricks, they'll spend half the time whinging about not being able to say 'what they want', and the rest saying 'what they want'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Has the world ever bestowed us with anyone who boasts of "common sense" who wasn't a total bellend?

 

One for the identifiers thread.

It's like people who say "I like to speak my mind." Translation: "I'm a cunt."

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Presumably, like most of these right wing pricks, they'll spend half the time whinging about not being able to say 'what they want', and the rest saying 'what they want'.

 

And about cancel culture no doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Herp McDerp said:

 

And about cancel culture no doubt.

Yep, because 'I acted like a cunt and now people don't bother with me' doesn't sound as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

This country is and always has been full of Tory bastards....it is all linked to the little englander mentallity, which drove Brexit and which this govt play on loads....they've used vaccine rollout in that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, an tha said:

This country is and always has been full of Tory bastards....it is all linked to the little englander mentallity, which drove Brexit and which this govt play on loads....they've used vaccine rollout in that way.

Yeah, but for once, they've done something for the benefit of everyone, not just pretended to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother has just tested positive for it. Went for a symptomatic test as he had a cough and a temperature. His kids had been in school as the school themselves suggested it'd be a good idea to keep them in some sort of routine after their mum recently passing away. His lad has been off for the past few days as he was quarantined as somebody in his class tested positive. I imagine that my brother has likely caught it through all that. 

 

Mad. He seems in good spirits though, so let's hope it doesn't effect him too much. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pushing it in the Mail now, though he hasn’t tweeted the article himself like he usually does. Probably because he knows he’ll get a load of shit for it. 
 

And also trying to now say he doesn’t want to de-prioritise existing groups but do teachers alongside them. He knows full well there isn’t enough vaccine to do both. 
 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mudface said:

It's just mental. I wonder if they're the sort who start posting shit on Facebook as well.

She's gone out again. Lockdown and isolation is clearly only for suckers. 

 

Anyway, you'll have to excuse me, I'm quite busy today...

image.png

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Pushing it in the Mail now, though he hasn’t tweeted the article himself like he usually does. Probably because he knows he’ll get a load of shit for it. 
 

And also trying to now say he doesn’t want to de-prioritise existing groups but do teachers alongside them. He knows full well there isn’t enough vaccine to do both. 
 

 

If it looks like a Tory and sounds like a Tory...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×