Quantcast
Tottenham sack head coach Mauricio Pochettino - Page 4 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jennings

Tottenham sack head coach Mauricio Pochettino

42 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Didn't Jose call their fullbacks Rose and Aurier "Dumb and Dumber", when he was the pundit for our game against them?

This'll be funny.

Hahaha. Hopefully he'll walk straight into his 'lose the dressing room' season.

1 hour ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Didn't Jose call their fullbacks Rose and Aurier "Dumb and Dumber", when he was the pundit for our game against them?

This'll be funny.

No Keane did 

Poch had spurs playing as a team, the team was most important, the only individual allowed was Kane as he scored goals. He made the team better than the sum of their parts.

Mourinho will have a good first 6 months, will demand hundreds of millions to spend thereafter. Will alienate their best players whilst pissing off their fans and will get sacked after 2 years as he will want his payoff. 

I wholeheartedly support this appointment. It is much better when you bring a club down from the inside.

• Upvote 1

He's a chequebook manager at probably the worst club to be a chequebook manager at. There will be a massive meltdown next summer when Levy won't allow him to spend £300+ million on a variety of big name 30 year old's.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Should be a ban on calling him anything but Mou Mou on here. 

Shitcoat. I’m sticking with the classics.

• Upvote 7

He’s not signed long term. Looks like Levy just wants trophies now, whatever they are. Mourinho is always good for that to be fair to him. 

Levy is regarded as a smart bloke, this is pure stupid. Getting rid of Poch and hiring Mourniho in itself is not surprising, the manner of it is. 

Poch isn't even in the ground yet and they have moved on, it immediately puts Mournhio needing snookers with the fans who have no time to digest this. There will be spurs fans out there who are not even aware their manager has been sacked and they have already replaced him. Why not sack him 10 days ago and at least pretend they're assessing options?

In 2019, no Premier League side has lost more games in all competitions than Spurs' 18. The last time they lost more in a calendar year was in 2008 when they suffered 19 defeats under Juande Ramos and Harry Redknapp.

Oof. The CL run really was papering over the cracks.

I can already picture Jose’s team.

Gazzaniga; Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Wanyama, Sissoko, N’Dombele, Alli; Son, Kane

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

I can already picture Jose’s team.

Gazzaniga; Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies; Wanyama, Sissoko, N’Dombele, Alli; Son, Kane

Alli won't play.

Son and Moura either side of Kane, the three holding midfielders you mentioned, and the four tallest defenders.

6 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Poch is the one manager I don’t want to end up at United though. As others have said, hopefully he fucks off abroad. 

If they had any sense they'd bin Ole this week and recruit him just as we moved on from Rodgers once we knew Klopp was available. The difference is will Pochettino want a break or hold off till the summer?

I've no doubt this won't happen and they'll stick wil Ole at the wheel for far too long.

He's unlikely to be given huge money to spend and he was very complimentary of how Klopp built us up- I think him and Levy may have already decided on cashing in on Kane and rebuilding.

It may actually work if he were to spend it on the right players. Kane will be his biggest problem if he stays