You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

General Election 2019

Bjornebye

Who are you voting for?   

142 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

11 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’ve gone to the opposite of my foolish  doom mongering. Now I’m ignoring anything negative. Seriously, I’ve no ability to change anything, I can’t even be bothered to respond to the absolutely ludicrous post about comparative popularity made by AoT. What’s the point? I’m just going to let it wash over me and pretend it’s alllll good.

I haven’t seen the poll numbers, but I’m resigned to Labour not getting a majority and not getting more seats than the Tories. I’m moving on. We are going to have a Tory government, we are leaving Europe in a way that means things are going to get worse for those in need, the NHS will be under threat, and I suspect Labour will choose somebody hideous like Rebecca Long-Bailey to pick up the baton. 

So, ya know, fuck it. Don’t worry, be happy. Cause every little thing... 

Hmmm

The polls I note are making for grim reading, typically the English want to be eye socket fucked with a massive dildo that has Kleptocracy, Tax Evasion/Avoidance, Privatisation, Inequality and Climate Change inaction written on it. Such a feeble weak supine populace, always happy to doff their caps to their theiving upper classes.

It's a pity Liverpool has to be in the same geographical jurisdiction.

14 hours ago, Brownie said:

Nationalising some services as part of a mixed economy, is centre left. Profit sharing and workers representation on boards, is centre left. Removing tax loopholes to realign spend in education, is centre left. The private school stance is backed by lunatics such as Ed Miliband and Clive Lewis no-less.

I'm afraid we have a different view on what constitutes "centre-left".

Some nationalisation is indeed centre left. I don't think nationalising an internet company it. John McDonnell has been clear in the past, it's not just profit sharing he is interested in, he wants all forms to give up 10% of shares and give the the employees. Companies would just go and register their companies in the Isle of Mann or somewhere out of his reach. Outlawing private schools is just fucking mental. I don't think they should get any government subsidies, but an idea you can stop people buying education is mental. Again, the wealthy would just put the kids in schools outside of his jurisdiction . Labour (or perhaps John McDonnell) have take centre left policies further left. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Some nationalisation is indeed centre left. I don't think nationalising an internet company it. John McDonnell has been clear in the past, it's not just profit sharing he is interested in, he wants all forms to give up 10% of shares and give the the employees. Companies would just go and register their companies in the Isle of Mann or somewhere out of his reach. Outlawing private schools is just fucking mental. I don't think they should get any government subsidies, but an idea you can stop people buying education is mental. Again, the wealthy would just put the kids in schools outside of his jurisdiction . Labour (or perhaps John McDonnell) have take centre left policies further left. 

As I said, we have a different idea on what certain policies constitute in terms of a political spectrum, which is sound because it’s a subjective thing anyway.

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's difficult to avoid the conclusion that she isn't remotely impartial and I'm someone who recognises that it's a difficult line to walk being a political journalist. However she'd be all over a prospective Labour candidate being outed as a holocaust denier. At best she seems to be running with a deliberate narrative regarding the Labour party.