Quantcast
VAR shit show 19/20 - Page 21 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
блядь

VAR shit show 19/20

Recommended Posts

I think they`re saying that you first have to decide whether Trent handballed it. The ref and VAR said not so that's the end of it.  

 

If they had decided the ref was wrong and it was a Trent handball then you would have had a separate VAR review into the circumstances leading to their goal -scoring opportunity and as it touched Sila's hand we would have had a free kick. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just happy he didn't blow for the Silva handball, personally.

 

Everything else from then on is irrelevant right until Fabinho smashed it in.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil swarbrick who heads up the var team has just been on sky explaining their point of view, which I think is a good thing for them to do that and there should be more of it. He basically said Trent's hand was in a natural position, it wasn't intentional, it's just not handball and there was no reason to go against the ref, which seems fair enough for me. In this "natural position" conversation, the fact Trent and aguero are almost holding hands and looking like one of those paper chain men cut outs you made in infant school, I think that's a reasonable assesment. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PGMOL explanation re Silva's handball suggests that if after Mane's accidental handball at United, Lindelöf had chopped him before he could score , we would have got a penalty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to fuck all this natural position stuff off unless the player is going fucking starfish or hands in the air.

 

Intentional movement of hand towards ball, easy and simple. 

 

This shit has been going on long before var.   So has the premier League referees covering themselves on a weekly basis by releasing statements of jibber jabber, complicating a rather simple game. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 11:11, No2 said:

If you look at that still you see can 4 players excluding Bernardo. All 4 have their right arm in the exact same position, thats a natural position for anyone suddenly having to halt their running direction due to an unexpected ricochet of an arm. It's 100% not a penalty. The only controversy is whether Trent's handball created a goal scoring opportunity for us. 95 yards from City's goal would suggest it didn't but a simple pass later and Mane running 40 yards and suddenly it is.

Obviously the rules are unclear at best, and nonsense at worst, and VAR should be fucked off, but...

 

If ignoring the handball of Silva (or if it hadn’t happened but deflected off his knee or something), I’d probably want that given as a handball for us. 
 

I get what you’re saying about everyone’s arm being there, but it still hits it and is stopped from getting to sterling. Accidental handball can still be handball. It wasn’t close enough to his side to rule it out altogether, and the ball wasn’t smashed at him from a yard away, so all in all I’d want that given.

 

but you can’t ignore the handball of silva in it, in my opinion, even though that was also accidental.

 

but after all that, it’s not stonewall either and so plenty of those aren’t given.

 

anyone then trying to argue the accidental handball should negate the goal that happened at the other end of the pitch is just wrong.

 

not only is it an enormous stretch to say it “led to a goalscoring opportunity” but it’s also a secondary phase of play after the shite clearance out of the box to Fabinho.

 

all in all; suck it up you bastards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Obviously the rules are unclear at best, and nonsense at worst, and VAR should be fucked off, but...

 

If ignoring the handball of Silva (or if it hadn’t happened but deflected off his knee or something), I’d probably want that given as a handball for us. 
 

I get what you’re saying about everyone’s arm being there, but it still hits it and is stopped from getting to sterling. Accidental handball can still be handball. It wasn’t close enough to his side to rule it out altogether, and the ball wasn’t smashed at him from a yard away, so all in all I’d want that given.

 

but you can’t ignore the handball of silva in it, in my opinion, even though that was also accidental.

 

but after all that, it’s not stonewall either and so plenty of those aren’t given.

 

anyone then trying to argue the accidental handball should negate the goal that happened at the other end of the pitch is just wrong.

 

not only is it an enormous stretch to say it “led to a goalscoring opportunity” but it’s also a secondary phase of play after the shite clearance out of the box to Fabinho.

 

all in all; suck it up you bastards.

In real time the ricochet is in the blink of an eye. Trent was 8 yards away, if he was facing a winger about to cross then 8 yards is fair game for the ref to a give a penalty. But with a ricochet, especially from a hand and at speed, 8 yards is nothing. It's just not a penalty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, No2 said:

In real time the ricochet is in the blink of an eye. Trent was 8 yards away, if he was facing a winger about to cross then 8 yards is fair game for the ref to a give a penalty. But with a ricochet, especially from a hand and at speed, 8 yards is nothing. It's just not a penalty. 

I don’t disagree, but I’d want it if it was at the other end... ignoring the handball by Silva.

 

given he hand balled it though, everything is moot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I don’t disagree, but I’d want it if it was at the other end... ignoring the handball by Silva.

 

given he hand balled it though, everything is moot.

Of course we would want it, doesn't mean you're getting it. That handball at Villa for example, 99% of people thought it was handball, I didn't, again I thought it was too close and too fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, No2 said:

Of course we would want it, doesn't mean you're getting it. That handball at Villa for example, 99% of people thought it was handball, I didn't, again I thought it was too close and too fast.

Yeah, i deffo didn’t think that was, nor the one a couple of games earlier when keita twatted it at someone from a yard.

 

definitely sticking with “fuck em” though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only penalty they should have had was when Mane shoved Sterling in the back. 

 

Easily the most clear cut too,  I've still no idea how the fuck it wasn't picked up on by the commentators.   They can't be watching what we see really.   All they talked about was Sterling was already on his way down (no shit) and Trent hadn't touched him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grinch said:

The only penalty they should have had was when Mane shoved Sterling in the back. 

 

Easily the most clear cut too,  I've still no idea how the fuck it wasn't picked up on by the commentators.   They can't be watching what we see really.   All they talked about was Sterling was already on his way down (no shit) and Trent hadn't touched him. 

The problem there for the ref was that Sterling was already going down before he was pushed anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The problem there for the ref was that Sterling was already going down before he was pushed anyhow.

 

You sure?  Cause I heard zero talk of Mane in that incident,  it was all about Trent who did do fuck all. 

 

I know that's the one I really would have been mad about not getting. 

 

None of their fans seem to have picked up on it either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Grinch said:

 

You sure?  Cause I heard zero talk of Mane in that incident,  it was all about Trent who did do fuck all. 

 

I know that's the one I really would have been mad about not getting. 

 

None of their fans seem to have picked up on it either. 

Maybe I am thinking of the other incident? Don't really care anyway as Sterling was crying like a twat all match.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit VAR in the Premier League has been a shit show for the most part but it needs to stay forever for the simple reason that if we win the league the bullshit narrative will be that we won it with the help of favourable VAR decisions, as untrue and ridiculous as that assertion is.

 

Half the point of football fandom is revelling in being better than bitter twat rival fans and if VAR goes away, those morons won't shut the fuck up about it helping us.

 

They need to clear up the rules and the way they review stuff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a fucking joke mike riley is. He reckons there were 'only' 4 instances where VAR was involved with the worst possible outcome. And none of them involve Liverpool. And the offside toe of the Sheff United player doesnt make the list either.

 

Premier League referees chief Mike Riley says there were four instances of the "worst possible outcome" of the video assistant referee system in two weeks before the international break.

Riley told a meeting of the 20 top-flight clubs that on those occasions VAR had overruled perfectly good decisions by the on-field officials.

"We are far from perfect and we have to improve the way we do things," he said.

Riley's assistant Neil Swarbrick gave the system a mark of seven out of 10.

Riley added: "Part of the balance of understanding 'clear and obvious' [the terminology used to determine when an on-field error should be overturned] is that there will be times when we don't intervene and everyone thinks we should.

"But that is a better place to be than intervening and everyone saying 'you shouldn't have done that'.

"There are significant things we can do to improve, including better consistency in decision-making as VARs and the timings so we get minimum interference."

The four incidents Riley was referring to are below. See if you agree that the VARs got them wrong:

26 October - Brighton 3-2 Everton

What happened? In the 77th minute, a penalty was given to the hosts by VAR for a 'foul' by visiting defender Michael Keane on home striker Aaron Connolly. Neal Maupay converted from the spot for 2-2.

What was the match outcome? Brighton scored again in the 94th minute through Lucas Digne's own goal to win 3-2.

What they said: "If VAR saw something in our box, why didn't it see 15 minutes earlier the penalty for Richarlison," said Toffees boss Marco Silva. "Because of that my players are in the dressing room and don't understand.

"If they see one for one side then they have to see for the other side too. It was a clear penalty [to us]. VAR has to be the same for both sides."

27 October - Norwich 1-3 Man Utd

What happened? United were awarded a first-half penalty by VAR after a collision between winger Daniel James and home defender Ben Godfrey. Marcus Rashford saw his penalty saved by Tim Krul.

What was the match outcome? Despite missing two penalties, goals from Scott McTominay, Rashford and Anthony Martial gave United a 3-1 victory.

What they said: "It's quite obvious it was a big mistake," said Canaries manager Daniel Farke. "The referee was right and it was Daniel James falling on the defender. I don't blame VAR for this defeat, we were not major enough in the first half."

27 October - Arsenal 2-2 Crystal Palace

What happened? Gunners defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos converted from close range and thought he had won the game for Arsenal late on, but the goal was ruled out by VAR for Calum Chambers' 'foul' on Luka Milivojevic in the box.

What was the match outcome? Arsenal surrendered a two-goal lead as Palace hit back to draw 2-2.

What they said: "I didn't understand the referee and VAR reaction," said Arsenal manager Unai Emery. "For me there is no confusion - it is not a good decision.

"We deserved to win, we had a good reaction after they equalised, we scored but then they didn't count it."

2 November - Watford 1-2 Chelsea

What happened? A penalty was awarded to the Hornets by VAR after Gerard Deulofeu went down under a challenge from Jorginho with minimal contact. Deulofeu scored the spot-kick.

What was the match outcome? The Spaniard's 80th-minute goal proved only to be a consolation as Tammy Abraham and Christian Pulisic gave Chelsea a 2-1 victory.

What they said: "We're not in a great place with it," said Blues boss Frank Lampard. "Any [decision] that takes that long means they aren't sure, so why aren't we using screens on side of pitch?

"But if we are saying they are grey areas and we are overturning decisions because one referee somewhere else thinks it was more of a penalty than the referee on the pitch, then I think we are in a really dangerous place."

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mane goal at Old Trafford was a disgraceful decision. Never mind if he hand-balled it or not, it should have counted because Man Utd are fucking cunts. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, блядь said:

So VAR worked for us today, so is that 2-1 so far?

 

Even Hodgson says the decision was correct. 

Idiotic from Ayew. The ball was nowhere near them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lad raised an interesting point regarding if we scored from a corner and the ball was controversially 'outside the arc' when taking it from the non linesman side,we'd have a goal ruled out because a player won't just sit the ball on the arc while taking a corner. TAA did it yesterday and Milner also does it but why take the risk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

My lad raised an interesting point regarding if we scored from a corner and the ball was controversially 'outside the arc' when taking it from the non linesman side,we'd have a goal ruled out because a player won't just sit the ball on the arc while taking a corner. TAA did it yesterday and Milner also does it but why take the risk?

They’re not taking a risk, the ball only has to overlap the line, so it would be practically impossible to overturn a goal from a replay unless it was truly egregious.

 

nothing to worry about. Won’t happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×