You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

17 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Mate, Bernie had an actual heart attack a couple of months ago.  I don't think he'd be doing any better on the "ill old man" coverage.

That'd be brought up regularly, agreed. But he could explain that he's returned to good health and has medical notes proving that. Biden would just carry on confirming what they attack him on every time he speaks at length, and during an election campaign that's going to happen a lot. There's no way he can dismiss it so easily, it'll just get worse by the looks of it.

21 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Mate, Bernie had an actual heart attack a couple of months ago.  I don't think he'd be doing any better on the "ill old man" coverage.

Whilst I totally agree with your point, it just reminded me of the crazy doctor Trump had to say he was the fittest president ever. 

Trump being the first candidate not to release his medical records, they could just do press-ups on stage - which is something Biden has offered to do. 

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Whilst I totally agree with your point, it just reminded me of the crazy doctor Trump had to say he was the fittest president ever. 

Trump being the first candidate not to release his medical records, they could just do press-ups on stage - which is something Biden has offered to do. 

Bonkers isn't it.

I quite like Bernie, but he's a lifelong independent and way too old.  Biden is also way too old and has nothing really to go on other than being Obama's VP and having a bit of old uncle charm, which sometimes veers into touchy feely pervery.

Trump is also a mental old man, an inveterate liar and massive fucking arsehole.

And these are the best the worlds leading democracy has to offer.

Would definitely be interesting to see the reaction of Trump’s supporters and Trump himself to a Jewish opponent and the geopolitical ramifications of such.

Netanyahu has wedged Israel so far up the conservative arse in both the US and to a lesser extent the UK that there may well be some supreme hypocrisy and/or furious back-pedalling on display.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha but its ok for Trump to offer Iran out on Twitter. 

Corrupt world. 

Funny you should say that , as I was driving down County Road this morning there was a guy the spit of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei looking at his watch outside the KFC.

Pretty incredible comeback from Joey Biden, to be honest. It seemed like he was turning senile there for a while and then all of a sudden he wins South Carolina and he becomes this charisma machine. He should get tested for PED's.

Also, pretty great watching Warren turn Bloomberg into dust.

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It seemed like he was turning senile there for a while and then all of a sudden he wins South Carolina and he becomes this charisma machine.

Guardian :

Donald Trump attacks Biden's cognitive health in possible general-election preview

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/05/donald-trump-joe-biden-health-attack

"charisma machine", "possible."

Hahaha, wow are you guys in for a surprise if he wins this nomination. Please remember "charisma machine" as you see clips of him on stage in various states around the US, and when he's debating Trump.

On a more serious note I won't be enjoying seeing the state of what happens to him very much at all I don't think. Even though the guy has been an evil cunt for so much of his life, to see an old man declining in health and being savaged by Republicans and the far right constantly isn't going to look very good.

Remember that we've had years of Trump now and this is what the Democrats have served up to try and beat him.

One thing I saw on twitter earlier was someone posting a clip of him from 2008 and the difference in the way he speaks and is able to make sense to what we see now is huge.

11 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Guardian :

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/05/donald-trump-joe-biden-health-attack

Hahaha, wow are you guys in for a surprise if he wins this nomination. Please remember "charisma machine" as you see clips of him on stage in various states around the US, and when he's debating Trump.

On a more serious note I won't be enjoying seeing the state of what happens to him very much at all I don't think. Even though the guy has been an evil cunt for so much of his life, to see an old man declining in health and being savaged by Republicans and the far right constantly isn't going to look very good.

Remember that we've had years of Trump now and this is what the Democrats have served up to try and beat him.

One thing I saw on twitter earlier was someone posting a clip of him from 2008 and the difference in the way he speaks and is able to make sense to what we see now is huge.

You have such a big heart.

24 minutes ago, SasaS said:

You have such a big heart.

I'm not trying to win any points for saying it. I just draw a line when people are ill and he doesn't seem right at all to me. I'll talk about his lying and policies, and if he looked in normal health I'd probably be calling him all types of stuff. But looking at him now I don't think it's worth it. He's just like some guy that should be retired and has been propped up by the establishment in order to stop Bernie at all costs.

And yes, Bernie is old too and maybe he should be retired as well. I think he's been fine from what we've seen in debates though.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Red Phoenix

You do understand the irony here? 

When 70,000 mental health professionals have signed a petition to Congress and a guys in the fella's own cabinet have said the same.

Just checked and saw you meant Trump. So what are the Dems doing? Trying to replace him with someone equally as bad, if not worse in health? Because for all of the absolute crap Trump comes out with he at least seems to have basic speaking skills in order a lot more than Biden does. And we'll see that in debates if he's picked instead of Bernie.

54 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Guardian :

Thought it was obvious I said that tongue-in-cheek. Biden's a boring old man 99% of the time, but his speech after South Carolina was genuinely good. 

• Upvote 1

From wikipedia's dem debate page :

On March 3, as Super Tuesday results were announced, DNC communications director Xochitl Hinojosa tweeted that the qualification threshold would likely increase, giving the reason that almost 2,000 delegates will have been allocated by the time of the debate. This tweet was sent after Gabbard apparently received a delegate and would qualify for the March debate, per the previous three debates' threshold of one delegate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Democratic_Party_presidential_debates#Eleventh_debate_(March_15,_2020)

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Thought it was obvious I said that tongue-in-cheek. Biden's a boring old man 99% of the time, but his speech after South Carolina was genuinely good. 

Fair enough, I thought you might be messing around so should've left it. Good to know you didn't honestly think that.